Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People write this crap?

How long do you think it would take for Russia to mobilize a force capable of taking over the UK. How long do you think it would take NATO to respond?

How fast would Russia run out of money?

What the British military lacks in numbers it makes up in logistics, fortitude, firepower, and strong allies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the army, the NHS is in crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Making good use of the things that they find, things that Argie surrender monkeys leave behind.
    They were a blueprint for a multinational task force. They had that French bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael40 View Post
    httpwowow.irenees.net/bdf_fiche-analyse-1051_fr.html

Agreed.
    Is the wowow supposed to be in there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Fuck the army, the NHS is in crisis.
    We are spending on the military what we promised when we agreed to join NATO, if you want to to get more money for the NHS then start slashing foreign aid and crooked programs cooked up by the government to line their own pockets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They were a blueprint for a multinational task force. They had that French bird.

Is the wowow supposed to be in there?
    See my edit, I can't post links unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    See my edit, I can't post links unfortunately.
    Not really sure what your point is, I wasn't disputing the French nuclear arsenal, it was your disbelief that the UK is spending more on defence than France is. Do you have evidence that sourced claim I made is incorrect?

Deleted
    The fact that the UK is in the same anglosphere as the US tends to blow the country's importance out of proportion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Army Chiefs may be exaggerating their plight. Admittedly we don't have any aircraft carriers at the moment, but that is a weakness in power projection, not defensive capability. We are a nuclear power, no conventional army is going to threaten the UK itself.

2015 military budgets, in USD Billions, for reference:

1 United States 597.5
    2 China 145.8
    3 Saudi Arabia 81.9
    4 Russia 65.6
    5 United Kingdom 56.2
    6 India 48.0
    7 France 46.8
    8 Japan 41.0
    9 Germany 36.7
    10 South Korea 33.5
    11 Brazil 24.3
    12 Australia 22.8
    13 Italy 21.6
    14 Iraq 21.1
    15 Israel 18.6

One of these kids is doing his own thing.
    The concern is from the inability of the UK to adequately contribute to the collective defense of Europe. The UK os defended by a moat more than by its token nuclear forces anyway. The entire British military is now smaller than the USMC. It really isnt very impressive anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The concern is from the inability of the UK to adequately contribute to the collective defense of Europe. The UK os defended by a moat more than by its token nuclear forces anyway. The entire British military is now smaller than the USMC. It really isnt very impressive anymore.
    The British Forces are enough to stop a Russian invasion, it is difficult to swim carrying a full combat load.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It is, but the US has deliberately nurtured dependence as a means of positioning itself at the head of the global order.
    Actually, what hurts Europe's collective defense capability is they all have tried to maintain independent militaries with massive waste on inadequate duplicate structure.

Deleted
    Not really sure what your point is, I wasn't disputing the French nuclear arsenal, it was your disbelief that the UK is spending more on defence than France is. Do you have evidence that sourced claim I made is incorrect?
    They have far less nuclear heads, just 1 extra nuclear submarine, I just find it hard to believe, especially considering they want to reduce the number of warheads to 120 by 2025.

But you are right I don't have the recent nuclear budget. What I've found is the numbers for 2010 and 2011 and France was ahead. (just type nuclear budget per country it's the first link from the Incan.

Now where is your link ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the rest of Europe paid at a level the UK is, then everything would be dandy. You can't really criticise the UK because countries other than the UK don't pay their way, we are not supposed to be funding them, they are big enough and ugly enough to put their hands in their own pockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    The British Forces are enough to stop a Russian invasion, it is difficult to swim carrying a full combat load.
    The UK doesnt even need the Army to defend Great Britain proper because of the moat really.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have far less nuclear heads, just 1 extra nuclear submarine, I just find it hard to believe, especially considering they want to reduce the number of warheads to 120 by 2025.

But you are right I don't have the recent nuclear budget. What I've found is the numbers for 2010 and 2011 and France was ahead. (just type nuclear budget per country it's the first link from the Incan.

Now where is your link ?
    We are talking about military defence spending, not just nuclear budgets, so I still don't see what your point is. The numbers I gave earlier were from 2015.

Deleted

Now where is your link ?
    Kalis was not talking about the nuclear budget and you will be lucky to find the exact numbers since it is rolled into the overall nuclear budget, here is the total military budgets for 2016 though so draw whatever conclusions you like.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/busi...nders-in-2016/

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, what hurts Europe's collective defense capability is they all have tried to maintain independent militaries with massive waste on inadequate duplicate structure.
    Of course we have maintained independent militaries, we aren't a single nation. Do any countries share armies? How would that work?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the rest of Europe paid at a level the UK is, then everything would be dandy. You can't really criticise the UK because countries other than the UK don't pay their way, we are not supposed to be funding them, they are big enough and ugly enough to put their hands in their own pockets.
    Even if the EU as a whole spent as much as the US evenly distributed by GDP but continued in the current independent national military forces, you would still have a vastly inferior military to the US. If they just paid to the level of the UK, it would be not much more powerful than it is now. There is just way too much duplication of structure and dissimilar procurement waste.

Deleted
    We are talking about military defence spending, not just nuclear budgets, so I still don't see what your point is. The numbers I gave earlier were from 2015.
    Well... That's embarassing. I thought you were saying the UK was the number 1 nuclear power in Europe for some reason... I guess it's because you talked about nuclear powers right after your numbers.

My apologies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course we have maintained independent militaries, we aren't a single nation. Do any countries share armies? How would that work?
    That is what makes the EU/ European NATO weak. It is the nature if the beast, and of your own doing.

That is what makes the EU/ European NATO weak. It is the nature if the beast, and of your own doing.
    uhm..... you might wanna look up what NATO is.