Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Remember when the trumpettees said that the donald was the candidate of no more wars on the middle east? Pepperidge farm remembers
    i don't see that as having changed.

i'm not a supporter of him in general, but i'd always seem him as the anti-regime change war candidate, while hillary was very pro-regime change. hwat has been said here is no different from what he said on the campaign trail, the destruction of ISIS. always knew he wanted to go out and fight ISIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hey, that's not a very nice way of describing the Southern U.S.

I mean, gays haven't been thrown out of buildings for years now! We southern states just do everything we can to make their life more difficult, deny them basic rights, and helped elect a VP who thinks electroshock therapy can "fix" them.
    And booooyyyy, don't get me started on the current President's opinion on women.
    it's a bit of false equivalency to bring up the US's failings when talking about the middle east's.

intolerance is bad of course, but if you were gay or bi, would you rather live in a country where you can't marry, or live in a country where they will kill you? i'm bi, and not being dead is at least still sort of a goal for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He got to it in a very roundabout poorly worded way, but the overall conclusion that the US military is excellent at fighting wars but terrible at concluding them/post-war is absolutely spot-on. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan, militarily both were quickly defeated (and Libya ftm). But post-war consisted of us setting up secure camps with our troops, where once a day we'd send out a convoy of Humvees to do a quick lap through a city or area to claim we "control it". That's where all the ambush and IED deaths came from, and we really didn't control anything at all. It would be like a cop driving speeding through a bad neighborhood for a few minutes a day and racing back to the police station asap, and then claiming the neighborhood is crime-free. That's why ISIS grew while we were there in Iraq, the Taliban is still around in Afghanistan, and just this week we were bombing large ISIS camps in Libya. And the US 1 foot in and 1 foot out approach in Syria has been an even bigger mess.

So although it could have been stated better by Trump, I do agree that the US needs to do a much better job of either being in or out but not half-way like we've done. And if we do go in finish the job all the way through. I don't necessarily think that will mean more wars, but if we go into a place it will probably be with way less restraint then in the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    purge the thing? how do you do that?

if you kill them, their kids will hate you, so you have to kill those too. better be safe and do the entire village at once.

but then suddenly people in other parts of the world and even at home will start to hate you, cause you know, genocide. and then what?
    Then you bare the hatred knowing that your monstrous act saved billions in the wars you prevented.

There isn't a happy ending to the middle east. The very concept of peace is utterly alien to them. The problem is technology keeps advancing and the amount of harm they are capable of grows. We would be better off to nip it in the bud now then later.

This will of course never happen but it would be the best of choices we realistically have left.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-22 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Is this where someone hints at a war with the Islamic Terrorism and then we all jump in defence of it, because of reasons and innocent non-terrorist folk?
    No, this is where people literally call for exterminating entire cultures, religions, regions, and ideologies. And then we say "WTF is wrong with you?" because there's something really wrong with them.

Because, (1), it's morally wrong to commit genocide, and (2), it's ineffective anyway. You exterminate people like that, and you will turn entirely new groups of people against you. Where it ends is with a war of conquest or destruction across the entire globe, which is, shockingly, a bad thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Then you bare the hatred knowing that your monstrous act saved billions in the wars you prevented.
    Sure, then last kill everyone until only one human remains on Earth. Since I disagree with you, can I kill you first?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    Sadly, I don't remember any riot or civil protest stopped Bush father and later son from invading Irak.
    You must have missed the 13 million that protested world wide against the second Iraq war. The first one was reaction to Kuwait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    If you think Trump can go to war in the Middle East on his own you're very very mistaken. Congress and the American people will riot before they let it happen.
    They just will call it a Police Action instead of a war like they did in Vietnam and Korea and sidestep the American Congress and the Voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    No, this is where people literally call for exterminating entire cultures, religions, regions, and ideologies. And then we say "WTF is wrong with you?" because there's something really wrong with them.

Because, (1), it's morally wrong to commit genocide, and (2), it's ineffective anyway. You exterminate people like that, and you will turn entirely new groups of people against you. Where it ends is with a war of conquest or destruction across the entire globe, which is, shockingly, a bad thing.
    Genocide is bad. Everyone that is not a psycho already agrees with that notion. Virtue signalling is unnecessary.

We need a "Priest of Trump" who divine Trump's sacred words for meaning.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Hillary Clinton suggests we should negotiate with Russia to establish a no-fly zone over Syria and the Trump faithful go insane with "OMG SHE IS A WARMONGER TRYING TO START WW3!!!!!"

Trump says what is tantamount to we should engage in a total war across the Middle East and they think its no big deal.

The hypocrisy is palpable.

Seems stupid when they are already killing eachother in mass down there, let them duke it out.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not nukes but you would need to be willing to essentially go door to door and purge the damn thing.

Confinement and isolation would of been the best bet but thanks to captain Sweden and Germany that has gone to hell in a hand basket.
    Too long too, many casualties and too expensive not to mention the refugees. I am all for staying out of it but purging it is not really feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Genocide is bad. Everyone that is not a psycho already agrees with that notion. Virtue signalling is unnecessary.
    *Snort* Really, virtue signalling? "You're only against genocide because you're virtue signalling."

Read the thread, there are a couple people literally advocating genocide. So apparently there's some psychos around here and calling them out on their bullshit is unnecessary? Sure, yeah. Let's just stay silent and let them try to spread their ideology until someone actually starts trying to do it...

7+ Year Old Account
    Morality aside, that purge idea is fucking retarded anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    As long as we wont be dragged into it I don't care.
    Don't worry, you'll just get all of the refugees that result from the fallout. Europe will get to clean up Trump's mess.

The most hilarious part is all the Euros who have a hard-on for Trump are going to be left taking in refugees and immigrants in droves. You can close your borders all you want. Many have tried in the past. Unless you build a wall around your entire nation, they will keep coming non-stop.

And let's not forget what the holocaust was - Germany tried to close its borders to stop the Jewish refugees that were coming in massive numbers. They tried everything. Hitler ran on a campaign of cleansing Germany of the Jewish refugee "filth" since they were fleeing war and thus... poor. Yeah, imagine that, refugees don't have any personal possessions. So they all lived in ghettos where crime was extremely high. And well, after promising to deport all of the refugees, we know what happened after that.

I wonder what the first Euro nation that gives into populism will try "peaceful ethnic cleansing" first.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Seems stupid when they are already killing eachother in mass down there, let them duke it out.
    That was the mistake in the first place by getting involved the US gave them a common enemy, the love of oil I tell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    purge the thing? how do you do that?

if you kill them, their kids will hate you, so you have to kill those too. better be safe and do the entire village at once.

but then suddenly people in other parts of the world and even at home will start to hate you, cause you know, genocide. and then what?
    They don't really think these things through all that well. They seem to think the entire world will be ok with wiping millions of innocents out to get to ISIS.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Remember when the trumpettees said that the donald was the candidate of no more wars on the middle east? Pepperidge farm remembers

No no, thats not how it is now. They KNEW trump was gonna start wars. We have to keep moving the goal posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    *Snort* Really, virtue signalling? "You're only against genocide because you're virtue signalling."

Read the thread, there are a couple people literally advocating genocide. So apparently there's some psychos around here and calling them out on their bullshit is unnecessary? Sure, yeah. Let's just stay silent and let them try to spread their ideology until someone actually starts trying to do it...
    "Look at me, I do not approve genocide! I'm better than y'all!" - That's the virtue signalling. Everyone that is sane - and not a troll trying to get the rise out of you - already follows that notion.

"But but Killary is going to start a war!"

-Trump does it

*crickets*

Never change fuckers, you're comedy gold.