Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    It's really not. The perception that it is a cluster is the goal of his opposition.

But again, regular people aren't buying it. They've come to expect crowd sizes to get blown up into a big issue, as well as for Trump to respond.
    You don't think that's a problem?

That people have come to expect the highest office of our country to blatantly lie to the people? Does it bother you that they're so petty and easily manipulable?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    You don't think that's a problem?

That people have come to expect the highest office of our country to blatantly lie to the people? Does it bother you that they're so petty and easily manipulable?
    I think people have come to expect Trump to be relentlessly attacked and belittled over the tiniest issue, and for Trump to respond to it. Again, the media always turning the dial up to 11 has only hurt anti-Trump people, and continues to hurt them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    What the intellectually dishonest tell themselves when faced with something they don't like. Party affiliation not required.
    Alternative Honesty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think people have come to expect Trump to be relentlessly attacked and belittled over the tiniest issue, and for Trump to respond to it.
    Yea, I mean screw those people for expecting the people that run this country to be at least SOMEWHAT honest, really

I think people have come to expect Trump to be relentlessly attacked and belittled over the tiniest issue, and for Trump to respond to it.
    The Press Secretary blatantly lying isn't a tiny issue though.

I think people have come to expect Trump to be relentlessly attacked and belittled over the tiniest issue, and for Trump to respond to it. Again, the media always turning the dial up to 11 has only hurt anti-Trump people, and continues to hurt them.
    You're right, people have come to expect Trump to be a lying sack of shit which is why his approval rating is in the mid 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Lying is not a tiny issue when it's the president or his staff doing the lying.
    The tiny issue was the crowd size was small, and it was all over the coverage. Trump responded and his team wasn't truthful about it.

Regular people observing all this? "Oh shut up already, both of you."

So is Trump trolling the media or is the media trolling Trump? Or is it mutual?

Admit you were wrong, and the administrationlied... and I'll tell you.
    That's what's so baffling to me about this. The administration has given out four completely different numbers; 720,000, 1,000,000, 1,500,000, and stating no numbers are available. So even if one of those is right, by default the other three can't be, so no matter what the administration HAS to have lied. Its such a clumsy, bumbling mess.

The tiny issue was the crowd size was small, and it was all over the coverage. Trump responded and his team wasn't truthful about it.

The crowd size is a small issue. The lying is not.

Respond to it by lying*

It erodes our ability to trust people we need to be able to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    It matters to me, because I'm curious where you are all coming from. I'm 37, have two kids and work in government.
    It's not a dating site bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think what the issue is here is they're locked on to the idea that the crowd size, AND the lying are all about the crowd size, when 90% of the news articles are about their team lying about it. One side sees it for what it is, which is calling leaders out on lying. The other side just sees 'lawl crying about crowd size, doesn't matter'

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    huh? What lies? If Mexico pays, how is that a lie?
    Did they agree to pay? No they didnt.

It was the largest audience to ever witness a hockey game period, both in person and around the globe.

When pressed for comment a Dallas Stars spokesperson replied the Jumbotron was just stating alternative facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't think regular people observing this spat between Trump and the media give a whole lot of weight to lying about crowd sizes. I mean, it's not like Trump lied to get legislation passed. Other presidents have lied to get legislation passed, and everyone just kind of moved on.

I don't think regular people observing this spat between Trump and the media give a whole lot of weight to lying about crowd sizes. I mean, it's not like Trump lied to get legislation passed. Other presidents have lied to get legislation passed, and everyone just kind of moved on.
    Spending the first 3 days of his administration and the first press conference with the new press secretary straight up lying is not a good start to the presidency. Especially after the massive amount of lies Trump told throughout his campaign.

No one should trust him. He lies more than he tells the truth.

And it was covered and reported on constantly then too. Doesn't make it right.

Pretty sure the average person, would be abit worried that the President would lie about something as completely pointless as crowd numbers, he'll obviously lie about anything then.

If this was a one time case sure, I can see that, but his is just another in the long line of little things he's lied about, that are becoming bigger and bigger.