Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Funnily enough, America was only ever in the TPP because they saw a bunch of countries setting up a trade deal and decided they needed to muscle in on the action. And then they forced a bunch of bullshit in like copyright extensions, higher prices for medicine etc. Not sure if that corporations being able to sue governments not was an American addition or not.

Hopefully with America pulling out we can just renegotiate some of the shittier stuff in it and proceed, rather than cancelling it completely.
    We've pulled out. We have no more say.

As @Skroe put it in a different thread, when things don't go your way, you don't walk away from the table, you slam your fist down. As posted above, China will now step in to fill the US's place and we will have no say anymore.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2017-01-23 at 08:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I'm confused. Isn't this the same legislation that we saw Bernie and Hillary both campaigning against? Now that Trump doesn't like it, those on the left don't like it?
    Really?
    Trump could end world hunger forever and people that don't like him would be like "yeah but look how many more people he's going to make fat!"

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Tell them to have fun. Just to warn them those middle east guys are pretty angry. They hate Democracy but hey maybe they will like godless communism!

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Trump could end world hunger forever and people that don't like him would be like "yeah but look how many more people he's going to make fat!"

Or more like people would be saying "gassing 4 billion people to end world hunger wasn't a good deed" While Trumpkins would praise their emperor for his "benevolent" acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Or more like people would be saying "gassing 4 billion people to end world hunger wasn't a good deed" While Trumpkins would praise their emperor for his "benevolent" acts.
    What's Trump's bodycount so far? The fact your mind went to killing over half of the planet for an example says something about your mental and emotional state, I think.

What's Trump's bodycount so far? The fact your mind went to killing over half of the planet for an example says something about your mental and emotional state, I think.
    It only points out your mental capacity of imagination. Just because you find some "accomplishment" to be good, doesn't mean it was achieved in a way that would make it good. As said, lack of imagination.

Not to worry, that's why your Lord Trump is here; to tell you what to think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Let the trade wars begin
    Send in the Jedi to negotiate.

Deleted
    It only points out your mental capacity of imagination.
    Indeed, I don't imagine that Trump is a pure evil being that would destroy half of the world to achieve a goal, lol. What kind of lunatic would?

It was implied that the accomplishment was a good thing. That is obvious just from the context, if you aren't smashing your keys through streaming tears over Trump not being the total bastard you so desperately wish he was.

Not to worry, that's why your Lord Trump is here; to tell you what to think.
    Not my "Lord"; I don't live in the US, which you'd see if you weren't in hysterics and looked at my location. Were I a US citizen, I would not have voted in this election.

Indeed, I don't imagine that Trump is a pure evil being that would destroy half of the world to achieve a goal, lol. What kind of lunatic would?

It was implied that the accomplishment was a good thing. That is obvious just from the context, if you aren't smashing your keys through streaming tears over Trump not being the total bastard you so desperately wish he was.

Not my "Lord"; I don't live in the US, which you'd see if you weren't in hysterics and looked at my location. Were I a US citizen, I would not have voted in this election.
    Seems like you can't really catch the point still. That's ok, I'll not bother you further with something that's just simply out of your reach.

Well, this is a popular and actually helpfull thing to do. Bernie Sanders wanted it. Clinton pretended to want it. In case he really means this (how final is this? Does he have to get this through congress still?) and the resulting new tradedeals are also good, the summary of his presidency will now end in "but at least he got them out of TPP".
    (I wish more people here would begrudgingly give him this one. Its a core liberal thing to do.)
    Last edited by owbu; 2017-01-23 at 09:04 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Seems like you can't really catch the point still. That's ok, I'll not bother you further with something that's just simply out of your reach.
    "lemme just walk away because I have no point to make, but pretend like I've still won something"

Go cry into your cheerios.

"lemme just walk away because I have no point to make, but pretend like I've still won something"

Go cry into your cheerios.

I made a point that flew right over your head. Tell me when you've figured it out. It's in plain text even, but remember what we also talked of mental state and capacities ? It explains a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You anti-globalization guys don't get it, the way to fight globalization is to embrace it. If people in China and Vietnam are making good wages American companies won't move their factories there. It costs a lot of money to ship from China to the US, so if companies are having to pay high wages in China, the math could work out to move the factory back to the US.

TPP was going to raise wages world wide and jobs would move back to the US.
    I don't think you get it. It costs next to nothing to ship from China to the US. Even small orders can be done with no shipping cost, the amount of time to get to the US takes longer, but there's a serious problem with products when average joe can buy something from China with no shipping cost, wait for it 3 weeks and save $40+. I'm in no way a Trump supporter, but our economy is in shambles and anyone who thinks the TPP was going to fix that and not make it worse is delusional.

Deleted
    I made a point
    nope.

It's fine, though. I'm sure you'll still find someone that loves you for the rest of you.

Funny, I thought he was against the idea of China becoming a trading superpower.

nope.

/10
    There's only so much one can possibly do, to dumb down written text for the alt-right, to compensate for their selective reading comprehension. I'm unable to help you with this further, especially as you went along the path from not understanding text, to denial and handwaving of any points you didn't understand.

Bernie * 3 houses commie* Sanders just approved this move.

Lefties must be on suicide watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame him. I would not want a deal that would make it harder china to get stuff into the US....he's got enough on his plate to worry about screwing up his import of "Make america great again" hats.

but all jokes aside...for someone who wanted to be less dependent on china he seems to be doing the exact opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Trump's first day was Saturday. Trump, because he thinks he's special, took the weekend off. The office of the president isn't a 9-5 weekday job. Conservative media made sure to remind us of that any time Obama did anything that didn't involve him working.
    Obama goes golfing for a few hours once every 3 months: "OMG OBAMA IS SUCH A SLACKER, GOLFING WHILE AMERICANS ARE DYING!!!!!!!!!!"

Trump takes entire first weekend off (and probably most subsequent weekends): "Well deserved!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"