Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    I dont know why people whine so much about this... just do the emissarys.
    true, myself, I'm revered on all reputations, started a bit late. For fun I have a DH alt which I've been playing this week in segments of a hour, every 5 hours as a break from work. She's just hit two days old (Made her early access to give you a true idea how little played this toon is) over the last 5 days or so, I've got two damaging legends and outdps my main character.

The guild also want a melee for the team, so they've asked me to swap. I don't mind doing that, but I literally don't have the time to juggle two character. In a few months it will be a different case and I can catch up.

So, because I'm being decent and re rolling I'm pushing back my pathfinder achi.

I agree flying should be time gated and content, and currently it is better than WoD's version, but we should of had access to it in 7.1 after said content and 7.2 we should of been able to buy it

Not happy about it, but not surprised. I expected there'd be some kind of arbitrary delay in completing Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Blizzard embracing teleports rather than flying is more unhealthy and more immersion breaking than actually flying.
    Disagree. I would gladly give up flying permanently if Blizzard implemented waypoints such as in GW2 or ESO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...inder-part-two

so the part two is here..

i remember blizzard saying that part 2 would be way more faster than part one, but yet, you need:

-Do the history line of legionfall;
    -Reach exalted with Armies of Legionfall;

if the reputation follow like was the other, when u can only get rep with WQ/Emissarys (and the questline), this will take roughly 1 month to complete, like part one.

this is just stupid tbh :/

already tired of getting on ground, and hte worse, everytime i get dazed, i get unmounted. if at least they take the unmount part of it, it would be less stressing :/
    I mean I kind of forgot flying was even in the game and it hasn't bothered me in the least bit...sure daze sucks, but its hardly gamebreaking...buy some saddles if you dont like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    I can't recall them ever saying part 2 would be quicker. The requirements you listed actually seem very minor to me.

When Legion gets flying is the moment every "hard to reach" treasure / etc becomes a joke to get. The harpoon grapple gun will become pointless. Little side areas of zone are skipped over all together.

Flying hurts wow more then it helps imo.
    and we have DONE ALL OF THAT for months already. We are going to keep playing this game for months to come. Thats why flying is a must for a lot of people. When i can fly i will start doing a lot of shit im skipping now. I will go out and do emmisarry quests on alts which im not touching with a 10 feet pole now. And i am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post

already tired of getting on ground, and hte worse, everytime i get dazed, i get unmounted. if at least they take the unmount part of it, it would be less stressing :/
    There's an item which prevents you from being dazed in the Broken Isles, has been there since Legion came out...
    And I think it's A OK for part 2 to require investment same as part 1. It's the compromise they agreed upon rather than flat out removing flying from the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Not happy about it, but not surprised. I expected there'd be some kind of arbitrary delay in completing Part 2.

Disagree. I would gladly give up flying permanently if Blizzard implemented waypoints such as in GW2 or ESO.
    they are called flight points, and they are fucking all over the place
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Fuck GW2 waypoints, WoW has flightpaths and TONS of teleportation as is already. GW2 waypoint travel feels out of place and I would probably have played the game for a longer time had there been mounts instead of waypoints to collect...

Much prefer having freedom and the RPG element of riding a dragon anywhere I want, flightpaths that SHOWS your travels and mounts over instant travel with no thought behind it. You even have this whistle taking you to nearest flightpath every 5 minutes in the Broken Isles, so why people feel a need to whine still is beyond me.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-23 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? Another stupid retarded reputation to grind, just to have what we wanted since September?
    Next expansion I'm not even gonna play until they implement it, if I'll even play anymore.
    Yes, please just drop your subscription. I think you should do it now and simply not come back.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Again, its all about you and how it makes you unhappy, what about the rest of the player base? I have a friend who hasn't had time to play legion yet. And because we are making all about you, how many successful video games have you developed? I ask because obviously you know better than Blizzard and I can only assume that is from an even more successful career. They must be doing something right because I can see how much hate you have for the game right now, yet you are still paying them, you are literally paying them to have an experience that you despise.
    So it's all about you then? Because you want to be on the ground that is the right decision. If all you're going to do is say "It's all about you" you don't have any real rebuttal. You have mistaken me from some 20 year old entitled kid stomping his feet. If you want to have a debate, then debate. Stop being intellectually lazy and falling back on everyone who disagrees with you being whiny babies.

As a whole I don't criticize Blizzard. There are areas, in which I do believe they are wrong(I'm willing to bet there are people in the company who agree with me). Sometimes a person or company succeeds despite themselves or their decisions. Blizzard has done a solid job of keeping WoW alive and well 12 years after launch. But we're not debating that. We debating whether their call on Flying is correct. Blizzard has admitted that they make mistakes, at some point maybe they'll their stance on flying is wrong and go back to the old way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    So it's all about you then? Because you want to be on the ground that is the right decision. If all you're going to do is say "It's all about you" you don't have any real rebuttal. You have mistaken me from some 20 year old entitled kid stomping his feet. If you want to have a debate, then debate. Stop being intellectually lazy and falling back on everyone who disagrees with you being whiny babies.

As a whole I don't criticize Blizzard. There are areas, in which I do believe they are wrong(I'm willing to bet there are people in the company who agree with me). Sometimes a person or company succeeds despite themselves or their decisions. Blizzard has done a solid job of keeping WoW alive and well 12 years after launch. But we're not debating that. We debating whether their call on Flying is correct. Blizzard has admitted that they make mistakes, at some point maybe they'll their stance on flying is wrong and go back to the old way.
    At some point maybe they'll just remove flying completely because FP and whistle is more than enough and flying ruins the game...Ive enjoyed legion much more than I ever would have just flying around to everything. Flying ruined the game and if people quit the game because they cant fly well that's just spoiled and silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

What? No, that's not a question that is being begged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    All I see is a bunch of babies that saying that life is too hard and why can't I have my convenience back.....
    All I see are whiny babies who want to tell me that I can't fly but who don't have the balls to not fly themselves.

My biggest issue with all of this is that it has nothing at all to do with an in game reason we can't fly. It's just make-work, just hoops to jump through. It's neither interesting nor related to flight... in short, it's just more shit design from a team that seems to design obstacles to overcome vs fun reasons to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they are called flight points, and they are fucking all over the place
    Flight paths are GW2 waypoints with excessively long loading animations. Flight paths also lock you out of your character and prevent you from actually having the freedom to play the game. Oh, there's something down there that looks interesting? Too bad. You forgot something back at the bank? Too bad, you have to wait til you land.

Everything about flight paths are bad when compared to more modern approaches to getting players where the part of the game they want to play is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    flying ruins the game.
    You're going to have to explain how flying ruins the game when the game was perfectly successful for 8 years with it, and at it's peak subscriptions while flight was in the game. More importantly, I'd like to see specific examples of how flying supposedly ruins the game to support your claim. Simply saying something doesn't make it true.

And if you enjoy the game from the ground, then no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to fly. You should play the game how you enjoy, and stop trying to insult and demonize people who want to play differently than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

No, its about the people that put in the time and effort to code the areas that you think are worth skipping. I emphasized your self centered comments because there are millions of other players but you seem to think that your experience matters more, most of which don't post on any forums so I guess Blizzard take this to mean that they have no complaints. There may well be people at Blizzard that agree with you, but guess what, their opinions either didn't matter enough or they are (I suspect) in the minority, just like you. If flying were as important to the majority of the players as it is to you, then it would be in game, but it's not. Of course when it becomes available everybody will get it, but most people are just happy to have a game they can play with their friends/families and aren't petty enough to shit post coz they cant fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Never understood why people whine and cry so much about things they can do something about.
    Don't like getting dazed / dismounted... craft / buy a barding.

Don't like flying, don't fly.

Don't like waiting to fly, quit and come back when flying is introduced.

The entitlement issues some people have today is mind-numbing.
    Think I just found my first friend among MMO-C forums. Please can I be your friend?

How do you not understand that they spent years developing an expansion, coming up with enemy mechanics, quests, zones and world interactions, is it really so bad that they want you to experience everything they have been working on rather than trivializing the content by avoiding everything they have worked on including combat, by flying over everything?

I think flying is the worst thing that they have added to wow, not because it skips content, I personally like flying, but I hate the sense of entitlement most of the community feel towards it. Blizzard make a whole game and all people care about is skipping it. If it feels like work, do something else and don't pay for a subscription. No one forces anyone to pay a subscription!
    And it is ignorant to think that experience is going to be good for everyone.
    Nobody can honestly say they enjoy a story equally the second time.
    It isn't ever the same experience as the first.

Therefore the value and appeal is diminished by repetition.
    For the anti-flyers that may just be a lot slower.
    Does not mean it isn't true.

Even excluding the experience element, outgearing content or its rewards reduces the relevance of it.
    Do you take flight paths through content when there is nothing there relevant to you ? I bet you do.

The "entitlement" is actually coming from those against flying.
    We don't demand that nobody should have the choice.
    We actually say you do have it.
    It is the anti-flyers who say that their choice is what everyone should have to abide by.
    If you are going to use the "entitlement" argument, at least get it right.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-23 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    At some point maybe they'll just remove flying completely because FP and whistle is more than enough and flying ruins the game...Ive enjoyed legion much more than I ever would have just flying around to everything. Flying ruined the game and if people quit the game because they cant fly well that's just spoiled and silly.
    I don't believe people don't quit because of just because of flying itself, they most likely quit because of hassle and lack of fun\interest. Flying adds a level of convenience, it gives the player a whole new level of freedom. I consider it on par with being able to drive a car. Sure I can take the bus or train or a bike, but the freedom of a car is hard to match and I think you'll find the folks who would quit over flying, are the ones who feel like a freedom has been removed and that for some, is enough to be turned off from the game.

No, its about the people that put in the time and effort to code the areas that you think are worth skipping. I emphasized your self centered comments because there are millions of other players but you seem to think that your experience matters more, most of which don't post on any forums so I guess Blizzard take this to mean that they have no complaints.
    You keep saying it's about me and I'm self centered. I'm not the only person here who likes\wants flying. I'm not even a tiny minority. As I said early, last poll I saw was 60-40 against\for, could be a even 50-50. And again, If you hate flying, you don't have to fly EVER. You can have all the ground experience all you want. You and your group want everyone to be stuck on the ground, because it's what YOU like. Yet, I'm the self centered one?

But you are right, The people or person that got the final say, is anti-flying, so the Anti-flying group wins for now.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-23 at 09:29 PM.

There's so much wrong with the arguments you're using to defend your PoV.

No, its about the people that put in the time and effort to code the areas that you think are worth skipping.
    We're supposed to value Blizzard design simply because they spent time building it? I spend time taking a crap every day, does that mean everyone should value what's in the toilet? You're arguing that every piece of content ever build should be appreciated by everyone, all the time, without actually being given a choice or not. Do players have to fish in order to enter PVP? Do players have to do pet battles before they can enter a raid? Furthermore, it's not even that players are skipping the content, since they've already been required to complete it as part of the objectives to unlock flight. They've already SEEN the content that you claim is so precious.

I emphasized your self centered comments because there are millions of other players but you seem to think that your experience matters more
    Yes it matters! For nearly a decade players had the option to CHOOSE whether to fly or not. They got to determine for themselves how THEY want to enjoy the game. Now they don't have that choice. They are literally being told that the grounded experience is superior, and having their own opinions and determinations completely ignored.

The irony of telling someone that they're being self-centered when simultaneously ignoring their viewpoint entirely in favor of your own is borderline hilarious. Furthermore, even if one player is able to fly, it in no way impacts players on the ground. Rewards don't go away. Enemies respawn. Quests aren't limited to who gets there first. You're literally sitting here telling people that their desire to experience the game in a certain way is invalid, even when it doesn't actually effect anyone but themselves.

Which is not even taking into consideration all the other ways to skip content that are available to players right now, in the absence of flight. You're demonizing flight, not because it's actually harmful or detrimental to the game or player experience, but because you personally don't like it.

There may well be people at Blizzard that agree with you, but guess what, their opinions either didn't matter enough or they are (I suspect) in the minority, just like you.
    Do you have ANY evidence to support that people who want flying are in the minority? And if they were in the minority, how do you explain the complete 180 away from "No flying ever again" to flying being returned to the game within 2 weeks of that statement from Blizzard? Furthermore, isn't it possible that the entire No-flying fiasco is just the brainchild of a single person, or small group of people, at the top? Blizzard themselves said that both the players and the dev team was split 50/50, but they pushed it through

most people are just happy to have a game they can play with their friends/families and aren't petty enough to shit post coz they cant fly.
    And now you go on to speak for "most people", followed by dismissing anyone who disagrees with you as being both petty AND a shit-poster. Really? This is the extent of your defense of No-flying?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-23 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    If getting unmounted and dazed in WoW stresses you out.. well.. I kinda feel bad for you.
    It doesn't "stress me out" but having an omnidirectionally aggroing mob every f*** 5 yards is goddamn annoying if you play a cloth class.

Imho the whole concept of "we force you into combat and bombard you with meaningless trashmobs every few seconds" is tiresome at best and frustrating at worst. It feels as if I am fighting, fighting, fighting all the time.

Exploration? Enjoyment of the scenery? Sorry I am too busy staring at the ground and at red nameplates, trying to get from point A to point B w/o being raped by all sorts of creepies (or getting stuck on tiny, barely visible doodads) to look up and "smell the starlight roses".

I don't really care about it when I play my pally alt though, because I can bulldoze through and kill what manages to stick once I reach my destination.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-01-23 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    If people don't like it, then simply don't fly.
    If you don't like a game without flying, play something else.

I see no harm in having flying in the game.
    Who cares what YOU see harm in? I mean honestly ... it holds no weight. Get some reliable data of some 60% of the wow-population saying they hate not having flying and you may have a point... but you as one person? No offense but nobody cares. There are lots of people who DO see harm, Blizzard being among them. They want their content to be played and not skipped by flying over it.

No one forces anyone to fly!
    This has been argued so many times it's really tiresome.

If I dislike flying but not flying puts me leaps and bounds behind someone else who uses it, I'll use it as well so I can keep up. Doesn't mean that I magically like it.

Noone forces you to play WoW. It's a ridiculous thing to say.