Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Your surrender is acknowledged and accepted.

At least for 20 turns, until the CIV UI lets me forcibly acquire more territories from you.
    I guess I will just attack barbarians until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    not at all close to being similar but ok bud
    My point was that people can say and do things without thinking, doesn't necessarily make them inconsiderate people.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-23 at 08:50 PM.

Context is a lot too, there's a big difference cat calling half a dozen drunk girls as they leave the club with 60 people around, compare that to one lone girl on a dark and deserted street, it has a whole different tone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    My point was that people can say and do things without thinking, doesn't necessarily make them inconsiderate people.
    ok but your point is wrong and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

ok but your point is wrong and stupid
    Yeah, I'm sure you're the paragon of humans that has never said or done anything stupid unintentionally...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-23 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Is this an American thing?
    It's a stupid people thing.

Let them cat-call, it just shows their color. I find it far less scary when they do it in the open, in broad daylight with loads of people around. Wanna know what a scary moment is? Walking alone on a dark night when suddenly 2 or more men loudly hollers at you and even follow you until your rushed walking (because running might trigger them) finally delivers you into an area with lots of houses...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    I am a cat caller. its fun.

but cat calling is an art. "Hey honey, nice cleavage!" never works. if it does ever work though get her number then give it to me.

cat calling the right way will almost always get you a smile at least. Say something like "Hey girl, you matched your shoes with your scarf really well today, it looks good on you." easy shit like that and they melt. it doesnt even need to make sense. ive said things like "Hey the way you brushed your bangs to the left offsets the pockets on your jeans, it looks nice." they laugh and say thanks, usually conversation follows.
    ... Yeaaah I'm glad to not have been surrounded by women as easily influenced as that.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-23 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm sure you're the paragon of humans that has never said or done anything stupid unintentionally...
    can't say I'm dumb enough to unintentionally have the word "daaaamn" forced out of my mouth when an attractive woman walks by

can't say I'm dumb enough to unintentionally have the word "daaaamn" forced out of my mouth when an attractive woman walks by
    Just like how a parent is "dumb enough" to let out a curse in front of their little kids after having stubbed a toe, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like how a parent is "dumb enough" to let out a curse in front of their little kids after having stubbed a toe, right?
    I guess being normal must be a foreign concept to you.

I guess being normal must be a foreign concept to you.
    Says the person that thinks "normal" people are machines incapable of doing mistakes.

Guess the phrase "We're only human" doesn't ring a bell with you.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-23 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the person that thinks "normal" people are machines incapable of doing mistakes.

Guess the phrase "We're only human" doesn't ring a bell with you.
    There's a difference between making mistakes and being spergy enough to "forcibly" have the word "daaaamn" come out of your mouth when an attractive girl walks by.

There's a difference between making mistakes and being spergy enough to "forcibly" have the word "daaaamn" come out of your mouth when an attractive girl walks by.
    There's a difference between deliberately doing something [like in the video], and knowing when one's done something wrong and immediately internally kicking themselves due to having been done without thought such as the OP's case where he'd typical won't [I hope] (Deliberate vs Accidental, a big thing in Law for example)... basically your internal dialogue manifesting itself outside.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-24 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between deliberately doing something [like in the video], and knowing when one's done something wrong and immediately internally kicking themselves due to having been done without thought such as the OP's case where he'd typical won't [I hope] (Deliberate vs Accidental, a big thing in Law for example)... basically your internal dialogue manifesting itself outside.
    sorry but you're wrong m8, let's leave it at that

sorry but you're wrong m8, let's leave it at that
    So I take it you consider, for example an instance of deliberate vs accidental, killing someone by murder is the same as in an accident. End result is the same after all, someone died. That's the kind of logic I am getting off you...

Alright. Must be nice to see the world in nothing but black and white.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-24 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no words for this argument you just made

i have no words for this argument you just made
    Well, you seem to have great difficulty differentiating between accidental and deliberate... so to make it easier for you to understand I had to make an extreme case scenario for you to make my point.

Seems like a lost cause though.

There is a rather sizable difference between crying out in pain and "that girl is attractive"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    There is a rather sizable difference between crying out in pain and "that girl is attractive"
    If you wanna go with the literal sense, go for it. Could've been anything to have caused the parent to blurt out a curse word, but whatever... my point was the person I was quoting would've branded that parent a "bad" parent for having done so in front of a kid regardless of it not having been done intentionally, in accordance with his/her logic.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-24 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a lost cause though.
    glad you finally agree with me that you're a lost cause