Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Not at all. They lost to a better team. I just was kind of shocked that a Lions fan was talking shit. I mean Falcons fans knock yourself out, that was was a beat down, but Lions fans? Wtf.
    If you feel I was talking shit, then sorry dude, was nothing more than a bit of division banter. And I mean, yeah my team sucks, until we win there's not much else for me to do then talk about teams better than us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bbwwwhaha. Just remind those Lions fans of their glorious championships and the fact their QB is literally Benjamin Button.
    If by that you mean he's as likely to turn me gay as Brad Pitt does? Then yes, he's Benjamin Button (seriously though, what?)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    He still gets paid more annually then Kuechly (sp? I hate that name) which is kinda wrong.
    Kuechly's contract that starts next year is also 20% more than the second highest paid ILB, which is usually one of the lowest paid positions. On the other hand, 3-4 OLBs/DEs make more than the other positions. Probably did overpay still, but won't know for sure until we see what teams pay other guys in FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Kuechly's contract that starts next year is also 20% more than the second highest paid ILB, which is usually one of the lowest paid positions. On the other hand, 3-4 OLBs/DEs make more than the other positions. Probably did overpay still, but won't know for sure until we see what teams pay other guys in FA.
    We will know soon enough. Hightower hits free agency after the season, which was presumably the reason we let Collins go. Small problem there, Hightower has actually been playing less snaps lately and not been the usual 3 down linebacker. No idea what is going on, but it might happen that the Patriots actually will let Hightower walk, if he is being phased out like this, while expecting to be paid more than Collins (I mean Patriots kept him over Collins so obviously Patriots want him more, so obviously that means Patriots have to pay him more).

I'm sure there's other linebackers getting paid soon as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch those prices go up if the Patriots manage to win the SB too.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Player price tags always go up when a championship is attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Watch those prices go up if the Patriots manage to win the SB too.
    Yeah, price of being succesful. Hightower has always expressed a desire for winning though, not sure if he would be that keen to go to a different team, if the difference was reasonable enough.

There's just something about this Hightower not getting his snaps that worries me. I think Belichick has a problem with Hightower missing games too, even this early in his carreer. Belichick paid Mayo the big linebacker bucks and that money basically went to waste due to Mayo being injured all the damn time. I'd certainly have that on my mind when evaluating Hightower.

On the flipside, I can't imagine Belichick not re-signing a hard working team captain and leader like Hightower and keep at least some talent and continuity in the linebackers corps. He's had a history of loving players like that so it makes little sense for him to not be re-signed.

- - - Updated - - -

Ex-Chargers DC John Pagano hired by the Oakland Raiders as Assistant HC, Defense (which I assume would mean he is now the DC in Oakland).

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ex-Chargers DC John Pagano hired by the Oakland Raiders as Assistant HC, Defense (which I assume would mean he is now the DC in Oakland).
    Nah, it is a different position. Probably just someone to help Ken Norton Jr with the defense, since it blew.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, price of being succesful. Hightower has always expressed a desire for winning though, not sure if he would be that keen to go to a different team, if the difference was reasonable enough.

There's just something about this Hightower not getting his snaps that worries me. I think Belichick has a problem with Hightower missing games too, even this early in his carreer. Belichick paid Mayo the big linebacker bucks and that money basically went to waste due to Mayo being injured all the damn time. I'd certainly have that on my mind when evaluating Hightower.

On the flipside, I can't imagine Belichick not re-signing a hard working team captain and leader like Hightower and keep at least some talent and continuity in the linebackers corps. He's had a history of loving players like that so it makes little sense for him to not be re-signed.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are looking too deep into it. Hightower is a run stuffer, and a damn good one. He isn't, however, as good in coverage. Van Noy, is better in coverage and why some of Hightower's snaps have gone to him and the like. He's still a very valuable part of the team and I think he's someone that will still be here when the dust settles.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are looking too deep into it. Hightower is a run stuffer, and a damn good one. He isn't, however, as good in coverage. Van Noy, is better in coverage and why some of Hightower's snaps have gone to him and the like. He's still a very valuable part of the team and I think he's someone that will still be here when the dust settles.
    Which is funny because that's largely why we traded van Noy; he was pretty lost in coverage. I think that falls more on bad coaching on our part though as coming out his strength was as a rushing LB and we didn't use him at all in that capacity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Which is funny because that's largely why we traded van Noy; he was pretty lost in coverage. I think that falls more on bad coaching on our part though as coming out his strength was as a rushing LB and we didn't use him at all in that capacity.
    Right after I posted that comment about Van Noy, this column popped up on my newsfeed haha: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...iots/96958134/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but you don't pay 13 million a year with 25 million in guarantees for a 2 down linebacking run stuffer. And Hightower *used* to be outstanding in coverage too (for a linebacker). If that's what is keeping him off the field right now then that IS cause for concern.

We'll see though. He's still playing 50+ percent of the snaps and maybe it was just a injury or gameplan reason, and maybe he'll be on the field every snap in the Superbowl. Who knows?

My teams are Steelers>Falcons>Pats. So playoffs kind of worked out for me. That said I still greatly want Falcons to win.

I usually don't care about the Pro Bowl since it is a giant joke, but the AFC QB situation for it is getting hilarious. Enough QBs are hurt or declined, Trevor Siemian and Tyrod Taylor have both been asked and both declined due to injuries. At this rate Osweiler or Fitzpatrick will be the only ones left to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not the DC oddly, that's still Ken Norton Jr. Looks like he's being brought in an entirely new role, I'm not entirely sure how it all works, and come game day who's going to be playcalling.

But that's next season, we've still a game to play this year (oh and the Pro Bowl) and to explain why I'm all in on Matty Ice, here's a little something doing the rounds on my Facebook friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It even has a little deflated ball on it's hat. Cute.

I'll be honest I've been reading so much about the pros and cons of both the falcons and the Patriots that I;ve arrived at a point where I have no clue anymore who the better team is and who has the edge in this Superbowl.

Both teams have their issues and positives and it's almost impossible to know if the Falcons have too many weapons for the Patriots to deal with or that Belichick will have the ultimate game plan that will stifle them or that the Patriots offense is unstoppable even with out Gronk or that the Falcons defense has so much more speed on the field that it will do the Patriots in.

Just no clue anymore. I'm kind of just going to sit back and see what happens in the injury department (mainly the Falcons Mack and Julio) and just try to take in this run up, cause I obviously didn't get to enjoy that much last time we were in the Superbowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think this is going to be even better than Superbowl 49 was in terms of an even game.

Just hope the end doesn't leave so many people feeling... deflated.

I'll get my coat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'll get my coat.
    You won't need it in Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how much people trust PFF, but they named the best receiver to be...

David Johnson...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams bringing in Kromer to coach the OLine, if they bring in anybody to play the OLine then that could work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Falcons actually have a chance this Super Bowl. Doesn't mean they'll win, but I simply don't see a blowout. Either way, my Hawks went from Super Bowl win, Super Bowl appearance, and then 2 consecutive losses to the NFC Champion. I would like the Falcons to win just to say we lost to the Super Bowl champs. That way I feel less bad about my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.