Thread: My Logs - help?

Deleted

My Logs - help?

Hey Guys,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ngWzf#fight=11

These are some shocking logs of us wiping on heroic Botanist.

But I want to know how to improve my deeps, Rogue "Esmé".

Now I keep telling myself it's because everyone in the raid is 890 there abouts with 35 traits and decent legionaries. Whereas I have 28 traits, just Prydaz at 910.

Can someone tell me whether it simply is my gear or whether I am just a terrible Rogue lol. I've been playing Rogue for 8 years and before my break in Legion, I used to pull great rankings ala WoD/MoP. Now it's depressing seeing myself bottom of the pack - but I'm sure it's my shit gear.

Confirms? Thanks guys, appreciate it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Hey Guys,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ngWzf#fight=11

These are some shocking logs of us wiping on heroic Botanist.

But I want to know how to improve my deeps, Rogue "Esmé".

Now I keep telling myself it's because everyone in the raid is 890 there abouts with 35 traits and decent legionaries. Whereas I have 28 traits, just Prydaz at 910.

Can someone tell me whether it simply is my gear or whether I am just a terrible Rogue lol. I've been playing Rogue for 8 years and before my break in Legion, I used to pull great rankings ala WoD/MoP. Now it's depressing seeing myself bottom of the pack - but I'm sure it's my shit gear.

Confirms? Thanks guys, appreciate it
    Had a quick look throughout your logs and all of them are bad. Any reason why you play EP/EXS? Your vers is pretty low for that combination. Do you have any gear to swap? I'd go for MP/VI/AP, especially if you are planning to get our 4P bonus, its amazing. And of course its your awful itemization, the missing legendaries and the traits that make a huge difference. You should be aware of you parsing in the bracket from 878 to 880. In that bracket most of the rogues have at least one proper legendary, maybe even 1 BiS legendary combined with at least 45 in traits. I wouldn't bother too much if i were you dawg, just Keep progressing and try to advance in traits and get good gear that makes you benefit from MP/AP.

The other rogue Sazha should be even more worried. He has two legendaries, 38 in traits, 887 and is still parsing at 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    Had a quick look throughout your logs and all of them are bad. Any reason why you play EP/EXS? Your vers is pretty low for that combination. Do you have any gear to swap? I'd go for MP/VI/AP, especially if you are planning to get our 4P bonus, its amazing. And of course its your awful itemization, the missing legendaries and the traits that make a huge difference. You should be aware of you parsing in the bracket from 878 to 880. In that bracket most of the rogues have at least one proper legendary, maybe even 1 BiS legendary combined with at least 45 in traits. I wouldn't bother too much if i were you dawg, just Keep progressing and try to advance in traits and get good gear that makes you benefit from MP/AP.

The other rogue Sazha should be even more worried. He has two legendaries, 38 in traits, 887 and is still parsing at 30%.
    I use simc and pawn, and when I changed from AP/MP when 7.1.5 hit, I actually gained 50k dps...Hence I changed to this, and furthermore when I look at aethys sims, EX/EP was better at mythic levels so I thought I may aswell try to itemize now?

But yeah, I will check that again tonight and make sure I'm not simming ridiculously higher in AP.

Okay, phew I'm glad it's not me being a bad player. I was 860 up until like...2 weeks ago, I got geared hard before NH, but still having to play catchup with AP and Legendaries, which I know make a huge difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    I use simc and pawn, and when I changed from AP/MP when 7.1.5 hit, I actually gained 50k dps...Hence I changed to this, and furthermore when I look at aethys sims, EX/EP was better at mythic levels so I thought I may aswell try to itemize now?

But yeah, I will check that again tonight and make sure I'm not simming ridiculously higher in AP.

Okay, phew I'm glad it's not me being a bad player. I was 860 up until like...2 weeks ago, I got geared hard before NH, but still having to play catchup with AP and Legendaries, which I know make a huge difference.
    Wait, what? You played MP/AP before 7.1.5 and after it hit, you changed to EP/EXS and gained 50k dps? If i got it right, its kinda weird. When 7.1.5 hit, many were even pulling off 100k more since we immensely benefited from MP/AP in combination with Vigor, thats why AP got nerfed a week later. Regarding our 4p bonus you want to play MP/VI/AP anyway. So just try to optimize your gear towards mastery, go and grind nightbane, he has a pretty decent loot and his trinket with mastery is good. And as i said, traits and legendries is the key!

Deleted
    One of the first things I look at when checking out rogue logs is energy and combo point waste. You seem to mutilate a lot when already at or near max combo points. During those 15 pulls, you wasted 205 CP gained from mutilate, 532 from seal of fate, 65 from FoK, 19 from garrote and 1 from poisoned knife. You also wasted a total of 2012 energy during these pulls.

I'd say stop mutilating at 4-5 CP and use envenom instead, and keep yourself from being energy capped as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    Wait, what? You played MP/AP before 7.1.5 and after it hit, you changed to EP/EXS and gained 50k dps? If i got it right, its kinda weird. When 7.1.5 hit, many were even pulling off 100k more since we immensely benefited from MP/AP in combination with Vigor, thats why AP got nerfed a week later. Regarding our 4p bonus you want to play MP/VI/AP anyway. So just try to optimize your gear towards mastery, go and grind nightbane, he has a pretty decent loot and his trinket with mastery is good. And as i said, traits and legendries is the key!
    Apologies,

I was running with the poison build, as 7.1.5 hit because of the buffs it received, then when Aethys updated simc to accommodate for the AP nerf I reran sims and bleed build came out 50k more DPS than AP. And this was further concreted from bleed build sims at mythic gear.

But perhaps AP is better, I'll look into it tonight.

Something I don't like about AP is that with FoK it sucks, whereas deadly spread a lot of poison dots if I'm not mistaken. I assume they'd get hit more damage from the physical aspect of FoK however but don't know how that would compare to DP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakrosh View Post
    One of the first things I look at when checking out rogue logs is energy and combo point waste. You seem to mutilate a lot when already at or near max combo points. During those 15 pulls, you wasted 205 CP gained from mutilate, 532 from seal of fate, 65 from FoK, 19 from garrote and 1 from poisoned knife. You also wasted a total of 2012 energy during these pulls.

I'd say stop mutilating at 4-5 CP and use envenom instead, and keep yourself from being energy capped as well.
    Yeah to be fair that doesn't surprise me, when all three bosses spawned especially, I wasn't paying as much attention to CPs, more so to all the mechanics to actually get a kill. Alas the same people die to the same shit everytime. One thing I can take from my logs is I was always nearly the last one dead haha.
    Last edited by mmoc10e316d81f; 2017-01-24 at 04:55 PM.