Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    this whole event seems to have been worthless

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Horde wins my server, woo!

Ruins resets every 3 days and Temple every 7 normally, you sure you got a Ruins reset every day?
    Ruins was changed to a daily reset with patch 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Well it's the question a lot of people would be asking themselves I imagine. This event just feels like a waste of not only our time but also the developers' time.
    A lot of people think that of PVP. Or Pet Battles. Or Raiding. Or RPing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomyris View Post
    DO they still think people play for fun or faction pride?
    We were out there day one fucking the alliance the fuck up. It got boring, so we did other things. For the Horde and Lot'tar n such n such.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

no interest being alliance, soon as they announced i knew horde would win... and no rewards means what game time i get goes to stuff that will improve my toon.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Lost interest when I found out it was regionally based. Might as well hand the Horde every regions victory totem now and save a week of everyone's time.

Not to mention I found it painfully ironic that the commemoration of an event such as the AQ Gates, which was the most intensive server community moment ever, ended up yielding a regional event instead of a server event. So much for server community.
    they might as well do as you suggested. if there is a -so called- competition between the factions, horde wins.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I have to admit, the no rewards besides a year long banner in a place very few visit to level or clear older content didn't appeal that much to me. However, a friend did say it was immense exp for doing it on a pre 110. And he was fucking right, just over a hour I went from 100-103. Unfourtantly it was late at night and I couldn't play on the saturday or monday, but that hour on sunday, well worth doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    All I can say about this event (and apparently all the micro events) is what a damn waste of developer time. No pets, no mounts, no toys, no updated item level vanilla transmog gear & no achievements. Nothing but a total and utter waste of time.

Legion has more than enough stuff to do that does offer rewards - it's timewalking week which is pretty grindy in itself if you play any alts, lunar festival just started which DOES have some new toys, and can offer decent experience for alts (assuming they haven't nerfed it).

I really REALLY hope the developers don't waste any more time on stupid events with no rewards. I was honestly completely astounded when I realised there is no carrot - even a recolour of the Qiraji Guardling pet or a transmog item would have been enough. Everyone I've spoke to in the guild say the same thing, there's just no reason to go bother with it.
    some people don't give a rats add about mounts/pets/titles/achievements/???? and just play this game because they think it's fun.
    If you ask me it's kinda sad if you need a trophy for everything you do in life.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You've told me this before? I've no incentive to mindlessly grind for a banner I'll never see. Even if there was some ugly transmog or a toy I'd do it.
    And this statement highlights the problems with the current WoW crowd and why Vanilla servers would never be a hit for than a few weeks at a time.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Wrong! its region wide! not bg server group wide....so EU, US, Ocianic etc
    I'm pretty sure oceanic is tied in with US.. Region wise we're still on NA. There's 3 core regions, EU, NA and Asia. And I'm fairly sure that's what it's done by.

This was a nice nostalgia event. I did it on Saturday and Sunday.
    A bit of wpvp here and there. Sadly I didn't get to fight one of the summon bosses, maybe next year.

Horde won. Not surprised in the least. Metzen would be proud. Now I will see the red banners even on my Alliance-dominated servers. Gee, thanks Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Horde won. Not surprised in the least. Metzen would be proud. Now I will see the red banners even on my Alliance-dominated servers. Gee, thanks Blizz.
    The only way alliance can win is if it's a severely alliance dominating server kek. Hardly making it a deserved win server by server.

I feel like the better faction won ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The only way alliance can win is if it's a severely alliance dominating server kek. Hardly making it a deserved win server by server.

I feel like the better faction won ;D
    Why do you think the Horde won, dear?

Because there's more of the Horde at max level. Both taking all the servers combined, and especially on the PVP servers, which is kind of important because if you dominate PVP even 60:40, you can dominate supplies like 80:20 by denying the other side.

Your "better faction" is just "more numerous". The end.

Because there's more of the Horde at max level. Both taking all the servers combined, and especially on the PVP servers, which is kind of important because if you dominate PVP even 60:40, you can dominate supplies like 80:20 by denying the other side.

Typically salty alliance scum :P Making excuses. Can't take the loss on the chin and move on, the better faction won!

Really though, I'm not suprised I haven't yet seen an alliance player react to this loss graciously, always excuses made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yet another event serving as a reminder we're living in a world of hordecraft. Thanks Blizzard, I'll pass.
    I'm not sure where this is coming from, I have checked around both on WoWCensus and RealmPop and in both of them for both EU and US Alliance slightly outnumbered Horde. (depending on how you massage the numbers, you can get some ways for the Horde to outnumber the Alliance by a 51%-49% Ratio, hardly the equivalent of a 30% difference)

https://realmpop.com/us.html
    https://realmpop.com/eu.html
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

I'm sorry, but to all the whining, it just doesn't jive with the facts. (Unless there's some alternative facts somewhere that I haven't seen)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, that 51% Horde - 49% Alliance ratio at max level is just insane! *rolleyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    I'm not sure where this is coming from, I have checked around both on WoWCensus and RealmPop and in both of them for both EU and US Alliance slightly outnumbered Horde. (depending on how you massage the numbers, you can get some ways for the Horde to outnumber the Alliance by a 51%-49% Ratio, hardly the equivalent of a 30% difference)

https://realmpop.com/us.html
    https://realmpop.com/eu.html
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

I'm sorry, but to all the whining, it just doesn't jive with the facts. (Unless there's some alternative facts somewhere that I haven't seen)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, that 51% Horde - 49% Alliance ratio at max level is just insane! *rolleyes*
    Problem is Alliance dominate the PVE carebear realms, that would not participate in this anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You've told me this before? I've no incentive to mindlessly grind for a banner I'll never see. Even if there was some ugly transmog or a toy I'd do it.
    Granted it's a few days late, but you could consider a "transmog" reward if you wanted. *Since you can run the two old raids for points toward the event (or 100k+ xp) and get transmogs / pets that way :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Problem is Alliance dominate the PVE carebear realms, that would not participate in this anyways.
    I'm in a PVE realms and there were an absolutel boatload of people from both sides out there running this. (and seeing a large number of Alliance team-ganking Hordies out there to boot)

So basically, what you are telling me is that a larger chunk of the Alliance population doesn't care about it and didn't participate, despite having similar total numbers.

Sorry, can't build up any sympathy for them then.

I'll give it the same attention i gave every other holiday/minor event.... none.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Typically salty alliance scum :P Making excuses. Can't take the loss on the chin and move on, the better faction won!

Really though, I'm not suprised I haven't yet seen an alliance player react to this loss graciously, always excuses made.
    Clearly Horde are flags on the inside as well.
    Flags love flags.
    Last edited by Faylinn; 2017-01-24 at 04:41 PM.