Thread: Season 9

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Haven't played in a little while now, but started playing when S9 started. Went for a Wizard build this season, currently rolling a flashfire build to farm TierX.

I just got my monk to level 70, I can't seem to find a good set of skills, if someone could suggest some builds to me that would be great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Larochepiano View Post
    I just got my monk to level 70, I can't seem to find a good set of skills, if someone could suggest some builds to me that would be great, thanks!
    Since the S9 free set is sunwuko, here's one build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/866...f-the-ancients or another one http://www.diablofans.com/builds/865...wuko-wol-2-4-3

Don't really know what build is top notch for high GR pushing, but you'll have a nice starter for now.

EDIT: side note, i have fallen pretty short with my Firebird concept build. It's cool but damage isn't there - reached 58 and started to struggle constantly; still cleared them but time was around 12 minutes or so.

So, i decided to evolve my build into a TalRasha one since a) it's supposedly the stronger set and b) i finally managed to get all the pieces lol. Unfortunately something isn't like i planned (the free Arcane meteor form etched sigil doesn't benefit from the AP so i'll have to swap rune or skill) but the improvement is definitely there.

Basically i just swapped the sets fitting all the items i wanted to use and now i'm clearing 64 within a 7 minute timer. Still not as fast as VyrRasha but hell things melt down.
    Character in sig for the curious.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-01-24 at 03:42 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Lucky on the Lut Socks - I generally get my Raekor/kings pieces long before I ever get Lut Socks. Leapquake is cool.
    If you level another Barb to level 8 and use blood shards on boots, you will get lut socks quickly. I did it last night and got them on my first try. Makes it a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by Judic View Post
    If you level another Barb to level 8 and use blood shards on boots, you will get lut socks quickly. I did it last night and got them on my first try. Makes it a lot easier
    Oh god, I never thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm playing a Wizard this time around. It's getting pretty tedious farming for a proper build atm, as I'm just rocking the generic welfare firebird's.
    All I want to do is go back my Monk. I don't care about their placement on leaderboards; she's just plain fun! Alas, I'll stick it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I'm playing a Wizard this time around. It's getting pretty tedious farming for a proper build atm, as I'm just rocking the generic welfare firebird's.
    All I want to do is go back my Monk. I don't care about their placement on leaderboards; she's just plain fun! Alas, I'll stick it out...
    Firebird has proper builds in this season. In fact I think all main wiz sets have proper builds, even Delsere's, just for zdps. Popularity is a whole other thing though.
    The only thing to note though is the endless walk set, which I think is pretty mandatory for non zdps builds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Patch 2.5 PTR Patch Notes
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/2052...otes-1-31-2017
    New Feature: Armory
    Players may now save up to five different builds per character using the Armory
    This new feature can be found in the town hub within each Act

Saving a build in the Armory will snapshot your character’s current gear, socketed gems, active and passive skills, and Kanai’s Cube powers
    Equipping a saved armory build will automatically swap items and gear between the character and stash
    New Feature: Crafting Mat Storage
    Starting with Patch 2.5.0, crafting materials picked up or obtained through salvaging will now appear in a separate storage tab, freeing up space in the shared stash
    This tab can be accessed through the Inventory window
    Primal Ancient Items
    Legendary and Set items will now have a chance to roll as Primal Ancient
    These items are more rare than Ancient items and have increased stat ranges
    The requirement for participating in certain difficulty levels in public games has been changed from current Paragon Level to highest solo Greater Rift clear, as follows
    Torment I – VI: No Requirement
    Torment VII: Solo Greater Rift 30
    Torment VIII: Solo Greater Rift 35
    Torment IX: Solo Greater Rift 40
    Torment X: Solo Greater Rift 45
    Torment XI: Solo Greater Rift 50
    Torment XII: Solo Greater Rift 55
    Torment XIII: Solo Greater Rift 60
    Bonus Acts have been removed
    With this change, completing five bounties in any act will now grant you a Large Horadric Chest containing the same contents as the Horadric and Bonus Caches
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2017-01-31 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    Primal Ancients are a horrible, vomit-inducing idea and I hope they reconsider before it goes live. It's already bad enough with ancients, but if this actually gets off PTR you're gonna disgruntled when you get off the 10% chance Ancient because it wasn't a SUPER ANCIENT.

Rest of the patch looks great, though!

Yeah, on the official forums someone suggested to make Primal Ancients something we upgrade manually. So you have ancients and then through grifts or w/e (or another ubers type deal) you can try upgrading them. I know TL2 has a system where items can get upgraded by just killing certain mob types, iirc PoE has aswell (an item that increases gear power level). I'd much rather see something like this instead of just having another diceroll. It'd be a grind aswell, but that's the name of the game, I'd atleast like to have the outcome in my own hands. Might also add some longevity to the game. Whereas Primal Ancients in the "current" implementation are gonna be something you really want on your weapon and don't give 2 shits about on every other piece, atleast for the majority of the playerbase.

Nice qol changes, i can see people getting pissed off by new public games restictions - though i don't like the game being more and more being pidgeonholed into GRs.

Primal Ancients are really a bad idea. I don't even. Next step would be "Dinosaur Primal Ancient" and so on.

EDIT: a manual way to upgrade Ancients through farming may make the idea better - still doesn't make much sense to me.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-01 at 10:19 AM.

Oh god, more luck involved.. Be lucky and get a Primal Ancient weapon early, and push hard - gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    wudijo:
    Weapon ranges seem to roll ~16% higher (~18.2% for minimum range, ~14.0% for maximum range) on top of the added 30% more primary / secondary stats, so they add roughly one tier to your current maximum once you get a primal weapon of comparable quality. It's worth noting that primal rings with damage range actually scale better now: Their range is increased by 33% for both minimum and maximum, and considering weapons scale so little, they will have a relatively bigger impact than before. Good luck getting your gg primal compass roses / F+R / LoN rings .
    Overall I would expect that high-end geared players will farm and push ~2 tiers higher than before because of the weapons and added stats, and perfectly geared players with full gg primals maybe 2.5-3 tiers. The chance to get a primal seems to be 1% (I got 6 primals out of 520 crafts).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...ients/dd69r2y/

If anyone needed more proof that they're out of touch with their own game: primal legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    So a minor upgrade used just for push slightly higher. lolwat.

This game REALLY needs something else out of GRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Since the S9 free set is sunwuko, here's one build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/866...f-the-ancients or another one http://www.diablofans.com/builds/865...wuko-wol-2-4-3

Don't really know what build is top notch for high GR pushing, but you'll have a nice starter for now.

EDIT: side note, i have fallen pretty short with my Firebird concept build. It's cool but damage isn't there - reached 58 and started to struggle constantly; still cleared them but time was around 12 minutes or so.

So, i decided to evolve my build into a TalRasha one since a) it's supposedly the stronger set and b) i finally managed to get all the pieces lol. Unfortunately something isn't like i planned (the free Arcane meteor form etched sigil doesn't benefit from the AP so i'll have to swap rune or skill) but the improvement is definitely there.

Basically i just swapped the sets fitting all the items i wanted to use and now i'm clearing 64 within a 7 minute timer. Still not as fast as VyrRasha but hell things melt down.
    Character in sig for the curious.
    Sorry for the late reply, I haven't found the time to test out that build. Thank you very much for the info, when I tend to get stuck or not advance quickly I lose interest in the game, like PoE, I got hardcore chars to lvl 90+ but advancing is so long.

Again thank you very much!

So I've been trying to do Curses today. I've done it 4 times with my UE DH. Got 343 the first time. Then 345. Then 346. Then 344.

Seriously, just fuck you.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could just do it each time, but no, you have to spend ages finding a map which actually spawns the damn thing in the first place.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Primal Ancients really puts a damper on this season's progress. As someone working towards min-maxing for efficiency, I want to augment my One Punch Monk for higher GR push, but at the same time it's an absolute waste of time knowing that I could be saving that up for a potential Primal drop in the future. The chances of getting em are slim, but it's what we're all going to be working towards anyways.

I'm also hesitating using any Rama's gift right now. It seems like such a waste to even begin to use this stuff knowing what's around the corner, even if primals aren't gonna be a huge step up and they're gonna be super rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Primal Ancients really puts a damper on this season's progress.
    They are not out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    They are not out yet.
    I'm glad you figured that out. Read through the entire post next time before you reply though
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.