Thread: Nighthold cache

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nighthold cache

Just had the mission come up in my mission log. If I hold off from completing it until I kill a few more heroic bosses will I get the heroic cache or is it dictated how many kills you have when the mission populates?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekill View Post
    Just had the mission come up in my mission log. If I hold off from completing it until I kill a few more heroic bosses will I get the heroic cache or is it dictated how many kills you have when the mission populates?
    If it's like the past it should be when the mission itself pops.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many heroic kills did you have when i popped up?

In previous expansions that's not how it worked so I'd assume you have he kill the bosses and wait for it to pop up next time

9, didnt get guldan last week

10+ Year Old Account
    9, didnt get guldan last week
    I wonder how many is required for heroic cache, I was thinking HFC required 8 kills in a difficulty for you to get that level cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I wonder how many is required for heroic cache, I was thinking HFC required 8 kills in a difficulty for you to get that level cache.
    Looks like it was 14 kills for HC and 8 for mythic. So my guess is 11 kills for H NH cache?

Will it change after we defeat the required number of bosses this week if we already have the mission now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Yeah, won't be possible to get heroic NH cache this time around, next time though should very likely be as long as you get 8+ kills each week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Will it change after we defeat the required number of bosses this week if we already have the mission now?
    No, it never has in the past.

15 is what it was in WoD i believe

Hmm, i have done 10/10 N and 10/10 HC NH, but got an EN mythic quest (corrupted egg fragment)

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Hmm, i have done 10/10 N and 10/10 HC NH, but got an EN mythic quest (corrupted egg fragment)
    You will get both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If it's like the past it should be when the mission itself pops.
    None of them previously have been determined by when the mission pops. Have done this first hand many times, i.e. get the mission at level ding, don't do the mission until I kill a set # of raid bosses, then do the mission and it will be upgraded.

You can even start the mission, and time it so that it pops after you kill bosses, and it will upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeah, won't be possible to get heroic NH cache this time around, next time though should very likely be as long as you get 8+ kills each week.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally have no idea why anyone thinks this, it's wrong. It has ALWAYS been that way in the past. At no point ever have they not upgraded if you let them sit until after you kill the required bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    HFC was effected by previous progression. This one may or may not be as well. On a fresh toon HFC and EN both took more then 1 clear, I am sure that trend will continue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its bugged as fck .. I had 6 heroic bosses killed last week, and I got a normal cache. A guildy had 5 heroic bosses killed last week, and he got a Heroic cache .. Doesnt make any sense.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Its bugged as fck .. I had 6 heroic bosses killed last week, and I got a normal cache. A guildy had 5 heroic bosses killed last week, and he got a Heroic cache .. Doesnt make any sense.
    Can confirm this, my guild killed 3 bosses last week and 3 this bosses so far this week, and a majority of us got a heroic cache. May just be bugged. This was heroic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Do you both have the same progression from ToV and EN? In WoD previous progression did impact what you needed. Say you were doing mythic BRF you started at a heroic cache in HFC and needed less to unlock the mythic cache. I can say people have gotten norm and heroic in my guild the only difference for the most part is if ppl started their cache Tuesday or Wednesday, it seems all the Wednesday people got heroic with the only difference being a normal clear in the middle of all of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

People are already getting heroic caches now. It might be influenced by previous progression in ToV/EN like caches were in WoD, it might be a bug who knows.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I wonder if the number of kills in the other raids have some merrit in what you get. For that might explain the oddity that some groups are seeing.

As far as I know it scales with the previous raids as well. Basically if you were eligible for and EN mythic cache, now you should get the nightborne HC cache else the rules apply :
    7 Normal + 3 Heroic = 10 kills ; total does not exceed 11, LFR Cache
    9 Normal + 2 Heroic = 11 kills; total is 11; heroic < normal, counts kills as normal - Normal Cache
    11 Normal = 11 kills; Normal Cache
    6 Normal + 11 Heroic = 17 kills; heroic is >=11; Heroic Cache
    10 Heroic + 1 Mythic = 11 kills; total is 11; Mythic < Heroic, counts kill as heroic - Heroic Cache
    11 Mythic Kills = Mythic Cache

I had 10 bosses killed when I started the quest. The cache was normal.
    I killed 15 bosses when I handed the quest in. The cache was still normal.
    I opened the cache. The loot was heroic (Warforged).