Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oddly enough, I don't have a huge problem with Welfare in and of itself as long as it's regulated, and temporary.

Addtionally, If you consider GI Bill Welfare, than I guess anyone who receives Federal pensions is also on welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.

If we lived in a society of "white privilege" than those minorities would have been kept down, not flourish. Go check your privilege.
    Yeah why should my tax dollars be going to these welfare babbies?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yeah why should my tax dollars be going to these welfare babbies?
    Those that signed contractual agreements with the government? Good question. I guess we should also do away with pensions earned through labor unions, public and private?

Those that signed contractual agreements with the government? Good question. I guess we should also do away with pensions earned through labor unions, public and private?
    Yeah pay for your own retirement ya bums
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Yeah pay for your own retirement ya bums
    Cool

I would suggest that you call your congressman, senator, and local press organizations and ask them to repeal the GI. Bill. Good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Did you miss the don't care? And the pipeline prevents less pollution. Nice try there.
    no seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, I don't have a huge problem with Welfare in and of itself as long as it's regulated, and temporary.

Addtionally, If you consider GI Bill Welfare, than I guess anyone who receives Federal pensions is also on welfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.

If we lived in a society of "white privilege" than those minorities would have been kept down, not flourish. Go check your privilege.
    It wholly depended on where they chose to settle. You seem to be ignoring that the Asian immigration waves actually had the ability to live out their lives with quantifiably less pushback than African Americans.

If you don't think privilege exists, then what's the reasoning behind the discrepancies? Something something genetic inferiority?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Cool

I would suggest that you call your congressman, senator, and local press organizations and ask them to repeal the GI. Bill. Good luck!
    Not gonna happen most people view people who can't handle normal life and need to be told what to do 25 hours a day, with some sort of crazy reverence.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Neither since we no longer need the pipeline at this point if it it has the effect that the pro pipeline people say we will lose jobs not gain them. The market factors of oil has changed drastically since the pipeline was conceived, the only people who are going to benefit from it are the major companies involved.
    Asking what is "more" is not the same as "are they".

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yes it is, but that's not the question I asked you. You act as if no pipeline we would do this, when in fact we haven't.
    Are you sure you quoted the right person? I originally only noted that the EPA, at the time of the pipeline finishing construction, may no longer exist in a form that could even put someone on a hook over an oil spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No, I whined when Obama legislated immigration law via executive order because Congress wouldnt give him what he wanted. Big difference
    It's the same thing. The GOP doesn't have a super majority in the senate so they can't just pass what they want so he is doing it to bypass congress which is the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    no seriously
    I derped hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pipeline protestors went hard, and that was with Obama. Now they have momentum, Trump between wait until people cool off before beginning work on it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Not gonna happen most people view people who can't handle normal life and need to be told what to do 25 hours a day, with some sort of crazy reverence.
    Awwwww, poor fella, you sound jealous.

Hell, you're willing to protest in SD, I imagine you'd be willing to call your local congressman and complain about those mean olde veterans receiving benefits earned under contractual agreement. Hell record the call, id love to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I just read this awesome news as well and was going to make a thread. Additionally he ordered that any pipe materials used to build them be made in the US. A joyous day indeed!! Hooray for more jobs and lower energy costs!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whit...elines-n711321
    Woo short term solutions disregarding long term consequences!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Awwwww, poor fella, you sound jealous.

Hell, you're willing to protest in SD, I imagine you'd be willing to call your local congressman and complain about those mean olde veterans receiving benefits earned under contractual agreement. Hell record the call, id love to hear it!
    Like I said our politicians seem apt to protect the mentally challenged.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Not a problem because fossil fuels are just temporary.
    Prince William Sound actually did a good job recovering naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can you say:

I support government in kicking out protestors.

I think some of your fans might like that as a signature.
    They dont have the right to protest on someone else's private property

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    - The US does not need more oil, we have so much oil production that we are now exporting it, if production keeps increasing it will be enough to soon disturb Opec and crash the price of oil to $20 - $30.
    Thats an awesome thing, then we can finally get back to $1 a gallon gas. We need to build more refineries too now that the hippies are out of power and cant block them anymore. We havent been able to build new refineries in over 30 years because of onerous regulations and restrictions that make the cost so high to do so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or the part where he and others decry government entitlements while sucking at the federal tit via the GI Bill.
    The GI bill isnt free. When I was in the Navy I had to contribute over $10k dollars and I ended up not even using it. If you want to use it you pay into it

Like I said our politicians seem apt to protect the mentally challenged.
    LOL

Sounds like you're being cowardly, you could at least make your voice known, please, call you representative and let them know you want to stop veterans benefits, post the call for all to hear!!

Make your voice heard!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    MAGA in action. Going back to the 50s and leaning heavily on the fossil fuel industry rather then looking forward and investing in future energy sources which would create even more jobs and put us on a much better path to energy independence.
    Meanwhile, Trump is busy issuing gag orders for EPA and USDA scientists to make sure that there is plausible deniability around the inevitable oil spills.
    Fossil fuels are cheap. We dont want to pay twice as much for energy just because its "renewable". There is still more oil in the earth than we have pumped out since we knew what oil was. No chance of running out any time soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Woo short term solutions disregarding long term consequences!
    Consequences Ill never be around for to reap

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca...-idUSKBN1572UJ

And another pipeline oil leak in canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.