Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Illidan got the skull of Gul'dan in Felwood, back in reign of chaos, he got the eye of Sargeras from the Tomb.

Someone did get the Skull of Gul'dan from the tomb, but that was back in WC2: Beyond the Dark portal
    Yeah I mixed those up
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    you must have never seen a thread consisting of TheramoreIsTheBomb and rcshaggy

- - - Updated - - -

yes he is
    no.. he isnt, how many people, and blizzard themselves, need to tell you, to fucking tell you "right now it is undecided if he is dead or not"

fucking hellscream even made a video on it recently

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    We killed him in HFC.
    except we "dident" we fought him in the twisting nether but teleported us back to draenor, focred guldan to azeroth, then died ON DRAENOR so right now we dont know if hes dead or not, and blizz has stated they will decide later if hes needed again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Bahaha what? That's such dumb logic. Why the fuck would demons want to spread their fel then if it can cause them to die if attacked on it? That would be like if blight was a weakness for Scourge in WC3 instead of a buff.

[?
    he is correct, but they must be legion homeworlds, not areas like outland or marduum that yes are covered in fel energies, but are not giant balls of nothing but nether

also iron body ponshu was the pandaren monk trainer , and the monk only area trainer
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-25 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except we "dident" we fought him in the twisting nether but teleported us back to draenor, focred guldan to azeroth, then died ON DRAENOR so right now we dont know if hes dead or not, and blizz has stated they will decide later if hes needed again
    thanks, that guy was a tool
    Be feared, or be fuel

The plan was for Archimonde to die there in canon. Now the exact lore to kill demons is clarified, and while Mythic tends to be canon, the cinematic shows him on Draenor, even if a rather felbound part, which may also qualify as Nether territory. Corrupted worlds do.

Either way, Blizz basically confirmed the plan was that he's dead, but Blizz likes to keep things ambiguous and brings things back whenever they feel it would make for a good story. So, it could go either way. We're completely in "We'll see" mode on this one. Everyone claiming to be certain one way or another is just sharing their personal opinion.

My personal opinion is that he is either dead, or hasn't fully reformed yet. In which case we'll prevent him doing so on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well... he's a monk... I think...?
    Seems legit. Just a random monk named Iron-Body Ponshu

Nah what am I saying? I'm sure the Legion are gonna be fucking terrified when they learn he's on the case. He's got that sweet green MoP set on and a mean looking stick. And he's a -Senior- Master Ox. Not just a regular namby pamby Master Ox, no siree he's a senior Master Ox. So yeah Kil'Jaeden, back the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Well, there isn't really a lot of well established in lore monk characters and they used up most of them already (check monk's other followers: Random Night Elf, Random Dwarf and Random Troll)
    True enough. They should have just used Chen. Use him for everything Monk related. He's the only one most people know. Just let him exist everywhere a monk is needed in lore. Which isn't that often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    thanks, that guy was a tool
    Are you talking about me? He died, I could make the same argument and say that you're a tool for completely ignoring both Blizzard and the ingame lore. I'll give you somewhat credit because they did say that if they wanted to, they could bring him back but as of now he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

no.. he isnt, how many people, and blizzard themselves, need to tell you, to fucking tell you "right now it is undecided if he is dead or not"
    Actually, no, he is. What Blizzard said was that it is undecided if he will remain dead or not. They might seem similar but are different (the same difference between "we might change it" - what was said in the interview, and "we will change it"). As of the time being, when we are discussing about this, he is dead and will remain dead until Blizzard show us that they changed their decisions.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-25 at 06:44 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I really want more interaction between the class represents here and maybe mention our raid pals as, my highlord which wields the most holy artifacts had sent me to organizing a meeting with you, he want to talk with you more later or things like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Good we got Iron-Body Ponshu here. He's ready to fuck some people up. Don't mess with Ponshu. /s

Seriously I thought hunters had it had with Emmarael Whoever, but Iron-Body Ponshu? Who the fuck is that?
    Hes one of the Pandaren from the Peak of Serenity.
    You talk to him about doing stuff in the Monk Class Order Hall.
    For the Horde!

my crazy theory...Fallen Avatar=Varian

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Hes one of the Pandaren from the Peak of Serenity.
    You talk to him about doing stuff in the Monk Class Order Hall.
    He still is a nobody with a really strange and funny name.

I dont get why they dont use chen.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    I'll still give ya that one though. It would need heavy retconing to make it work either way; if dead, they would need to explain the Gul'dan portion. If alive, they would need to confirm the mythic phase as not canon.

Still, nice one.
    Making it so he wasn't killed in the Nether is easily explainable, it wuld just require that they end the fight at 1-5% instead and have him teleport back to Draenor, Khadgar or someone else mass-teleporting you too, once he realised he's losing and won't risk truly dying.

Making it so the Mythic phase is canon is trickier, as they'd have to find a way to explain why the cinematic shows otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Making it so he wasn't killed in the Nether is easily explainable, it wuld just require that they end the fight at 1-5% instead and have him teleport back to Draenor, Khadgar or someone else mass-teleporting you too, once he realised he's losing and won't risk truly dying.

Making it so the Mythic phase is canon is trickier, as they'd have to find a way to explain why the cinematic shows otherwise.
    Yeah, I agree. Still very doable however.

Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    ...How would that work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    ...How would that work?
    By the mean of an enchanting vellum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Actually, no, he is. What Blizzard said was that it is undecided if he will remain dead or not. They might seem similar but are different (the same difference between "we might change it" - what was said in the interview, and "we will change it"). As of the time being, when we are discussing about this, he is dead and will remain dead until Blizzard show us that they changed their decisions.
    Except guess what. The cinematic (the thing that is cannon over all else) has him die Ondraenor... Cinematic>mythic. And where had blizz stated he is 100% dead. That's the thing. We are saying hr for now is dead. But they may bring him back. The dude were arguing with is saying that no. He's dead. 100% no coming back
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Avatar_of_Sargeras

Except guess what. The cinematic (the thing that is cannon over all else) has him die Ondraenor... Cinematic>mythic. And where had blizz stated he is 100% dead. That's the thing. We are saying hr for now is dead. But they may bring him back. The dude were arguing with is saying that no. He's dead. 100% no coming back
    The cinematic is NOT more canon than anything else, in-game or not. Where did you get that cinematic > mythic (or even normal, LFR, or anything)? I'm pretty sure no one in Blizzard ever said (or implied) anything like that.

As of whether Archimonde is dead (by dead, we meant permanently dead) or not, it's a binary thing. Lore-wise, it's either that he is 100% dead and can't come back, or he is 0% dead and will come back. At the moment, Blizzard's idea is the former. However, they said they are undecided if they would switch to the later. The very interview with Kosak that has been quoted over and over said it. He said that the idea is that Archimonde is dead, it just didn't come across well in game, so maybe they will change the canon of that ("And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with" - I'm sure everyone can find the full quote with a few seconds of searching here anyway).
    As you can see - Kosak said their idea is that Archimonde'd be "dead dead for good". However, it didn't come across well in-game, so maybe they will change the canon of that. "Maybe we'll" isn't the same as "We'll". It's uncertain, so until they show us that they DID change their mind, the original idea (that he is dead) hold true. In other words: Archimonde is dead, but Blizzard may change that. It's not that Archimonde might or might not be dead.

As of the one you were arguing with, I even traced back to the original post he replied to in this thread to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding anything and the guy wasn't claiming that Blizzard won't change their mind (if he did, I would've disagreed with him). Someone said "Cant wait to fight Archimonde and Kiljaeden to permakill them in the Raid at Argus", Theramore corrected that no, Archimonde is dead, TDK then claimed that he isn't, and the one you quoted said "Yes, he is". To me, he seems to be saying that Archimonde is dead (which is true). Not that there is no chance for that to be changed.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-25 at 03:17 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

As far as our characters are concerned, he's dead.
    On a meta level, we don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is starting to become an echo chamber, shout out to all the trolls who continue to say that he isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting