Poll: Should multi-boxing be against the WoW terms of service?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Should multi-boxing be against ToS?

Simple question. The justification given is that they are still controlling all x amount of characters. Obviously there's a bit of stretch saying that, I would say we consider "playing a character" a 1:1 thing. Wondering what the general consensus is.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-01-26 at 12:45 AM.

Its one of those things where they arent breaking any rules, but it just feels cheap as hell to get instagibbed by a small herd of gnome mages with the same(ish) name. I wouldnt shed a tear to see it become against ToS

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

You won't get an idea what the general consensus is by polling these forums however.

Blizzard obviously disagrees, probably because it's not common enough to be a real problem. I'm on a PvE server so it doesn't really affect me there and I don't do many BGs so no issue as well.

I'm a bit torn about it, I've read some of the multi-boxers comments and some seem pretty harmless about it. Others are clearly so desperate to feel\be all powerful that they'll go to such lengths. I don't think such things are healthy for the person, but I'm not there net nanny either.

I multibox'ed throughout LK through MoP to level alts, so I'm for it. I don't think they should be allowed in instanced pvp though.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Unless there's an aspect I'm not thinking of atm, I would argue if multiboxing is legal then we should be able to log into multiple toons on one account.

Multiboxing is fine until they are using programs to mimic keypresses. Then you're a piece of crap and deserve to be banned. I couldn't vote because your options are too closed minded.

1 person paying for multiple subs to play, yeah. thats not going anywhere anytime soon.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Blizzard obviously disagrees, probably because it's not common enough to be a real problem
    More like: They look the other way because it makes them more money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    1 person paying for multiple subs to play, yeah. thats not going anywhere anytime soon.
    This right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Unless there's an aspect I'm not thinking of atm, I would argue if multiboxing is legal then we should be able to log into multiple toons on one account.
    And deny Blizz their extra $15 a month? Not likely.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

No, killing a train of multiboxers is a rare treat
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Unsure.

1. 50 accounts multi-boxing or 50 individual players, you are dead either way.

2. When all is said and done, it probably would go against what people call "the spirit of the game".

I understand the argument from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    Multiboxing is fine until they are using programs to mimic keypresses.
    What would be the difference to a hardware solution ?
    Personally I couldn't care less since I didn't even see one for easily 3 years but it's quite obvious that multiboxing can't be performed in a reasonable fashion without the help of third party software or the corresponding hardware definitely already sounds quite off.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-26 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    FTFY

You should feel bad for posting this.
    You should feel bad for posting that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Simple question. The justification given is that they are still controlling all x amount of characters. Obviously there's a bit of stretch saying that, I would say we consider "playing a character" a 1:1 thing. Wondering what the general consensus is.
    To be honest, no. I've done it myself, and fought one myself. But it isn't really breaking like, for example, botting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I get the feeling if we started again t would be against ToS, however it's probably too late for wow after 12 years of it being a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why it would be. You're controlling the characters yourself, even if it's just something like just putting them on follow and then swapping over to loot mobs/hand in quests.

The only reason Blizzard has to disallow it would be if people found an exploit that requires you to have x amount of characters doing the exact same thing, and even then it would probably be easier to just fix the exploit than stop all multiboxers

Honestly Blizzard has accepted a lot of things over the years that they shouldn't have.

World PVP is complete garbage as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I haven't seen a multiboxer in a few years, but I never really got mad when one would kill me. I always felt like if this is someone who has the money to do this and likes WoW enough to spend that money and time on multi-boxing, then more power to them. I'm sure it's something we've all wished we could try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what kind of software they use to control all of the accounts at the same time, but I'm almost 100% sure it's not Blizzard software hence making it 3rd party software which is against the ToS

Would blizzard care if they lost all the 0,0000001% of their subs by banning multiboxing? No.

It shouldn't be made against the ToS, mainly because it's cool as hell. Personally I've never been killed by a multiboxer and it's always just for show/lols instead of ganking people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I don't know what kind of software they use to control all of the accounts at the same time, but I'm almost 100% sure it's not Blizzard software hence making it 3rd party software which is against the ToS
    Technically, as long as they're still in control of their character, it's allowed. Otherwise I'd probably be banned for using the logitech software to make a basic keyspammer (Pressing the button repeatedly while it's held down). the most used multiboxing software basically does the same, while allowing you to control multiple instances of the game(s)