Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Entire senior management staff at State Department all just quit over Trump

Well this is a first in US history. My guess is this is over Russia

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_tw-bottom

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s job running the State Department just got considerably more difficult. The entire senior level of management officials resigned Wednesday, part of an ongoing mass exodus of senior foreign service officers who don’t want to stick around for the Trump era.

Tillerson was actually inside the State Department’s headquarters in Foggy Bottom on Wednesday, taking meetings and getting the lay of the land. I reported Wednesday morning that the Trump team was narrowing its search for his No. 2, and that it was looking to replace the State Department’s long-serving undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy, who has been in that job for nine years, was actively involved in the transition and was angling to keep that job under Tillerson, three State Department officials told me.

Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door. All are career foreign service officers who have served under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

4 guys? meh.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm not concerned. After all, I heard over and over again that "both sides were equally shitty" during the campaign.

Interesting. Going to watch for more info on this.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    4 guys? meh.
    If something similar happened at a publicly traded corporation, its stock would probably go into a death spiral.

Good. Cya later, don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Everyone is replaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's an opportunity for Trump to cut down on bloated government costs. Do we really need 4 senior people under Tillerson to run the state department? I'm sure Barron Trump can do all their jobs by himself, and it lets him get a chance to cut his teeth on running the empire.

/s
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I guess it leaves it open for Trump sycophants and/or Russian operatives.

Let's just destroy the country entirely now, fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Good. Cya later, don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Everyone is replaceable.
    you know that this is comparable to 4 execs resigning at the same time in a company, right? that would be catastrophic for said company
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    you know that this is comparable to 4 execs resigning at the same time in a company, right? that would be catastrophic for said company
    no its ok, its fine.

maga~!

Can't blame them, but this is pretty terrible news for the US overall. We need experienced folks in those positions specifically because Tillerson brings literally zero experience (and should never have been confirmed to begin with), and the Trump team seems largely unable to find people who are sufficiently qualified who want to work with them so it's unlikely that they'll be able to hire strong replacements quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I guess it leaves it open for Trump sycophants and/or Russian operatives.

Let's just destroy the country entirely now, fuck it.
    Do you need an assassin?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    If something similar happened at a publicly traded corporation, its stock would probably go into a death spiral.
    Would it? The State Department is one of many many departments in the Govt. If Dell said that 4 of their senior guys from the servers division left, does that mean the entire company is in peril? Or would people look at their earning statments to make such a decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Can't blame them, but this is pretty terrible news for the US overall. We need experienced folks in those positions specifically because Tillerson brings literally zero experience (and should never have been confirmed to begin with), and the Trump team seems largely unable to find people who are sufficiently qualified who want to work with them so it's unlikely that they'll be able to hire strong replacements quickly.
    I'm not American but this was basically my first impression of this news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are smart to leave, if anything goes wrong in any of their departments, they know Trump will throw them under the bus and send out tweets to make people hate them. IMO, they should have quit after Trump was sworn in.

Suggestion: Think for yourself for once rather than just regurgitating the rhetoric of Tru...err...the Russian Government.

Even for the most insane Trump cult member, having basically the top 4 people under the leader all quit at the same time is incredibly troubling. Something is clearly wrong in the state department. And with edicts about gag orders and other nonsense being leaked out from other departments, its clear its because nobody wants to try and work with his insane fucking psychopathy.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-26 at 05:22 PM.

The thing is Trump is so unpopular almost no one with experience wants to work with him.

I agree who needs competence, knowledge and experience #alternativefacts #MAGA.

no, not everyone, not on the same level of expertise. i know that you trumpistas like to deflect, and live in the alternative facts world, but this is terrifying.
    again, this is like the shell chief trading managers of asia and latin america, europe, africa and north america resigned at the same fucking time, slashing the upper magagement in half
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2017-01-26 at 05:23 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker