Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well this is a first in US history. My guess is this is over Russia

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d=ss_tw-bottom
    It troubles me if good people are leaving places of power for Trump to fill, instead of having them there. I know why theyd want to leave, but I also think we'd be better off if they didn't, considering the replacements could be awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    "ust days before he resigned, Kennedy was taking on more responsibility inside the department and working closely with the transition. His departure was a surprise to other State Department officials who were working with him."

"Trump will destroy America!"

*Everyone quits in temper tantrum, crashing America into the ground*

"See, i told you"

??? cart before the horse, guys

stop cutting your wrists to spite your parents

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

"See, i told you"

... Although this logic smacks of the same "We only voted for this dickhead because we're tired of being called racists"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

"See, i told you"

...lol I love this is the angle you went with.

Not that all these departments' employees are express extreme distress at the bullshit Trump wants to do. Some are being legally silenced under threat of imprisonment, others are just quitting outright. Naw its everybody sacrificing their careers just to spite trump. Yup.

Its like you guys never seem to understand, some people aren't willing to just throw all of their morals away to suck the Glorious Leader's dick. AMAZINGLY, some people have an issue with one or all of the following:

Scientists being legally silenced
    Secret black cell torture sites coming back
    Illegal immigrant dossiers and deportation forces being created
    Withdrawing from the UN
    Appointment of a rampant anti-Net Neutrality individual in charge of the FCC
    Numerous incredibly dubious ties to Russia
    Attempt to go after Planned Parenthood and PBS
    Willingness to just wholesale sell public lands for drilling to private companies.

I could go on.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-26 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Good. Cya later, don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Everyone is replaceable.
    In the sense that the President could be replaced with a monkey, sure.

In the sense of trying to keep the department running smoothly, "everyone is replaceable" works less when four higher-ups with twenty years of experience quit at once with no trained replacements.

What's going to happen is the positions will be filled with inexperienced folk, and the country will suffer even more.

But I can't really call out your admittedly arrogant phrasing too much, since I believe the President is possibly the most replaceable public figure I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It troubles me if good people are leaving places of power for Trump to fill, instead of having them there. I know why theyd want to leave, but I also think we'd be better off if they didn't, considering the replacements could be awful.
    I get what you're saying. But:

1) Trump's already been far slower than most on filling the jobs he needed to fill anyway. Resignations make this worse.
    2) This could be the first. Obviously too soon to tell, but what if, basically, "everyone" resigned?
    3) At some point, it's a matter of principle. If my boss ordered me to murder someone, I'd walk out that day, no matter how many low-income students of mine that would leave in the lurch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    no, not everyone, not on the same level of expertise. i know that you trumpistas like to deflect, and live in the alternative facts world, but this is terrifying.
    If you are truly terrified by this, you've drunk too much of the Fear monger's kool-aid. In 6 months, a year, whenever, when the US hasn't burned to the ground over 4 people leaving are you going to admit you were wrong?

Don't worry, I'm holding all the nut jobs who said Obama was going to enact martial law before he left office feet to the same fire as well. For you, this might be all new and scary, but for some of us, this is just another cycle under a different banner.

The thing is, anyone even remotely professional would have quit those jobs.

Can you imagine having to be the one trying to make sense of the royal decrees coming out of the White House and then try to implement them without blowing up the world? I mean, I have been reading some of the texts coming out of the WH this week, and apart from the sheer lunacy in them, they are barely intelligible. Half the stuff seems to be written by a 12 year old who flunked English, and requires quite a bit of interpretation to be readable.

After holding the positions they have, these people will move onto lucrative think-tank and consultancy jobs. After 4 years of Trump they would have shit on and lit on fire their own resumes.

You can put an egg in your radiator, tape the bumper back on, and other things to keep your car going. At some point all of those inadequate replacements are going to cause a break down.

A lot of good people aren't going to stick around or volunteer to serve under Trump. You've seen the kind of people he puts into positions. You have to realize it will catch up with us sooner rather than later.

Trump's ability to work with people and influence them is extremely poor. If you insult everyone, nobody is going to want to work with you. This bodes badly for foreign relations and maintaining educated and professional characters in positions of power. Were going to hurt because of it. Maybe not because of this individual instance alone, but there will be a death by a thousand needles scenario for sure.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    Trump's ability to work with people and influence them is extremely poor. If you insult everyone, nobody is going to want to work with you. This bodes badly for foreign relations and maintaining educated and professional characters in positions of power. Were going to hurt because of it. Maybe not because of this individual instance alone, but by the result of his character.
    I thought he knew the best, smartest, people?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He tells the biggest and dumbest lies that the most ignorant among us cant detect, it's beyond frustrating. I don't get how people don't see it. Or maybe they do, but pretend not to? Or maybe they base a lot of things on feelings instead of facts.
    Last edited by Height; 2017-01-26 at 05:34 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Probably talking about himself.

Deleted
    At least some people delivering on something, I still wait for those celebrities (who puplicly announced they would leave America for good if Trump becomes president) to move out.

10+ Year Old Account

"See, i told you"

Society requires cooperation. If as the leader of a nation you can't get people to cooperate with you, then you're doing a shitty job as a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    At least some people delivering on something, I still wait for those celebrities (who puplicly announced they would leave America for good if Trump becomes president) to move out.
    They are right in line with those whom said that they'll do the same if Obama is elected.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Would it? The State Department is one of many many departments in the Govt. If Dell said that 4 of their senior guys from the servers division left, does that mean the entire company is in peril? Or would people look at their earning statments to make such a decision?
    The State Department also happens to be among the most crucial in maintaining good ties with the rest of the world. So, this is more like the four most senior guys of the department of international affairs, of any company that does multinational business that you can think of, just said fuck this shit and left. So, a tad bit more important than Dell's servers division.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Society requires cooperation. If as the leader of a nation you can't get people to cooperate with you, then you're doing a shitty job as a leader.
    name a president that has united the people on all questions

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Good. Cya later, don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Everyone is replaceable.
    Yep - Trump being in that category as well. 6 days in and he's alienated multiple nations, can't get past petty facts, and people don't want to work for him. MAGA!