Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    All in all, blizzard has done a terrible job with classes so far this expansion, AP is a very bad system and its forcing people to not even play casually anymore.
    AP isn't a problem if you kept up with the artifact knowledge research. Relics and legendaries are.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    AP isn't a problem if you kept up with the artifact knowledge research. Relics and legendaries are.
    I got 25 AK, my point is that I don't play the game that much to get my 2nd weapon that high so I can at least function alright.

Deleted
    Im raiding with destro atm and its fine for me. im always on the top 5 in dmg.

Please stick to the topic and provide data for statements.

Quote Originally Posted by ruediruempel View Post
    Do you run with 6 dps?

Deleted
    Edited => warcraft log updated after i wrote my post

it seems a bit better now.
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2017-01-26 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Looking at the logs, all 3 Mage specs and both Afflic/Destro needs some buffs. It's bizarre that out of the two pure RDPS classes only one spec (Demo) is actually competitive.
    You dont think Affliction is competitive ?
    Please do explain why.

thanks in advance!
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruediruempel View Post
    Dunno what is the point posting this. Being top5 in your raid means nothing when compared to the whole pool of world of warcraft players. We're doing okay during the elisande fight, we're decent during telarn, but we're trash during every other bosses. That little buff yesterday was... dunno, quite unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    now we know why they are losing the world first race :P
    Both of serenity's locks are destro as well afaik.

There's 1 demo lock in the current 7/10 guilds, the rest are destro. The people on this forum who think destro is a bad spec are misinformed.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

There's 1 demo lock in the current 7/10 guilds, the rest are destro. The people on this forum who think destro is a bad spec are misinformed.
    Im sitting at 896 equipped with 4 piece, 34% haste, feretory and neclace/cloak. My damage is absurd in certain conditions. Nobody can touch Havoc CB spam. (with 4 piece bonus) However it is a very difficult and obnoxious spec to play. Im not good enough to maintain perfect ELT, Harvest, portals, havoc, triple conflags all while spamming CB inbetween. Its beyond my capability and patience to master.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    However it is a very difficult and obnoxious spec to play.
    I think people got used to the last 2 xpacs where destro was the epitome of "easy to learn, hard to master" and people could pull fairly good results with very little effort.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted

(I meant it as a joke).

yeah but warlocks are a bit underrepresented in the current mythic race tbh.
    not a single affliction warlock

I think people got used to the last 2 xpacs where destro was the epitome of "easy to learn, hard to master" and people could pull fairly good results with very little effort.
    People are also (as usual) misunderstanding what constitutes a good progression spec. Add burst is important, in nearly all fights with adds. Destro provides that, demo does not.

People who are specced demo are just focusing boss damage at the expense of priority targets. While that may work for their raid and make their overall numbers look good, it doesn't make it a better spec than destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    You dont think Affliction is competitive ?
    Please do explain why.

thanks in advance!
    That post was almost a week ago, at that time Affliction was parsing quite worse then it is now.

Ideal way to fix: Bring back MoP Destro, with slight modification to avoid it being the master-of-all-trades it used to be.

Possible compromise? Bring back WoD Destro.

Current iteration is boring AF to play.

Rain of Fire should have a 3 sec duration, 6 seconds is just too damn long and as such it's usually a waste of time to even bother using. Honestly this would a pure QoL change for dungeons/aoe mobs in raids and give it a nice line-up with chaos bolt.

And...Wreak Havoc just needs to go. I can only imagine how hard it makes destruction to balance when you have to consider that ~70% of their damage is being duplicated across two mobs on cleave fights. I would rather the entire Havoc spell be gone - as much as I love it - in favor of something a bit more fun, because I'm sick of the class being balanced around this one spell. Hell, turning its untalented form into a talent and buffing our ST would be a cool idea IMO, even if I know a lot of destruction warlocks will probably disagree with me.

That being said, as of 7.1.5 I'm actually quite happy with the way destruction feels. CDF is a pretty fun and interesting spell to fit into our rotation to add a bit of thinking to it (it can serve as a "chaos bolt downtime" spell very easily when timed right, giving more room in your rotation to generate shards) and our dungeon damage is fairly solid at this point, unfortunately at the cost of raid damage. I think they're on the right track to making destruction feel a bit less bland to play, but there's a teensy bit of fine-tuning to do.

If Destro had a 20% overall buff,it'd be better.I still use it for most things aside from add heavy fights though.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    If Destro had a 20% overall buff,it'd be better.I still use it for most things aside from add heavy fights though.
    every specc would be better with a 20% overall buff

IDK how much of a difference the 4p makes, I'm no longer a mythic raider, just doing normals and heroics... but my damage is quite underwhelming (except elisande) specially when compared to our affliction warlock (he's quite a good player)

Working on getting 35 on that weapon, although honestly, i have shit relics in that weapon and no aff legendaries, so its a moot point...

My biggest issue is from last patch we had 4 new cooldowns to take care of: soul harvest, life tap, service and CDF, on top of that we have to weave our conflags for RB which is terribly clunky... and all of this so we can be subpar on all but 1 fight... good job blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    IDK how much of a difference the 4p makes, I'm no longer a mythic raider, just doing normals and heroics... but my damage is quite underwhelming (except elisande) specially when compared to our affliction warlock (he's quite a good player)

Working on getting 35 on that weapon, although honestly, i have shit relics in that weapon and no aff legendaries, so its a moot point...

My biggest issue is from last patch we had 4 new cooldowns to take care of: soul harvest, life tap, service and CDF, on top of that we have to weave our conflags for RB which is terribly clunky... and all of this so we can be subpar on all but 1 fight... good job blizzard
    Honestly nowadays to "compete" you need good legendaries and have your weapons really high.

Like take Player A and Player B.
    Player A has 54 traits, 2 damage legendaries,3 BiS relics 4pc T19 and ilvl 885.
    Player B has 35 traits, 2 utility legendaries and 1pc T19, 3 mediocre relics also ilvl 885.

Even though on the surface they may look pretty close in reality the difference is night and day. It could be the difference between 400K and 650K dps.

And then there is also that Destro is harder to properly manage right now compared to Affliction. Atleast affliction with SC build.

I agree that Destro doesn't feel good. But Destro does have good priority add damage. Which is very valuable in Nighthold. Destro might not look great on damage meters, but when it comes to nuke adds down fast Destro is great. For example eyes at gul dan. You havoc them, conflag chaos bolt chaos bolt and do like 3-4 million damage in a couple of seconds. As affliction I am happy if I can manage a third of that damage in the same time.