Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Oh well, finally I managed to clear it.

Had to fake an achievement to get into the group though. We killed all 10 bosses in a few hours and it was one of the best pug groups I've seen. Basically no fails from anyone, including myself. DPS was about 500k on each DPS, I was one of the lowest with 450k ish, so you needed quite the dps to do it :/
    Such DPS are what you need to clear HEROIC, not normal.
    Seems like you continue your serie of BS posts set in an alternate reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Call it what you want, I'm just glad I finished it Normal for now, after an insane streak of awful pugs

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Call it what you want, I'm just glad I finished it Normal for now, after an insane streak of awful pugs
    And our Guldan kill records our HIGHEST DPS at 470k, with the mid-point being about 350k.
    So yeah, "I need 450k to be on the lowest DPS to kill Guldan NM" is just in line with the ton of shitposting you've made since the beginning.

Coming next week : "Heroic NH is too hard, you need to kill bosses in 2 mn with 900K dps minimum !!! Blizzard has overtuned the raid !!!".

And our Guldan kill records our HIGHEST DPS at 470k, with the mid-point being about 350k.
    Wow, you smoked us. My guild was 8/10 for the week so I pugged the last 2.

High dps was under 400, average right under 350 give or take. Though the RL did kick the DH doing 175 the try before...Tuning seemed fine, though an excellent RL makes things so much simpler.

We doing progress in Heroic, which has a similar difficulty curve to Normal. First three bosses are free loot basically, nothing special about them. But Spellblade was a bit of a block until we got some of our better DPS online, you need fairly high damage not to fall behind on the adds. Krosus died in two pulls, and one of those was because our main tank DCd. Now we're on Tichondrius, whom we should kill shortly. He's not much more difficult than in Heroic.

We tried our hand at Star Augur for funsies... damn son. Barely got past frost phase.

Deleted
    You do need DPS in normal too though. If you re not pulling at least 350 k minimum (and some people need to compensate then) it's not possible from tichondrius (believe it or not, he can enrage in normal too) and above.

Obviously if you go in normal at 880 ilvl or above it s an easy value to reach.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-01-26 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    You do need DPS in normal too though. If you re not pulling at least 350 k minimum (and some people need to compensate then) it's not possible from tichondrius (believe it or not, he can enrage in normal too) and above.

Obviously if you go in normal at 880 ilvl or above it s an easy value to reach.
    Depends if you're speaking on actual DPS on the boss or padded DPS from AoEing the millions of adds everywhere, but for Tich a 350K mainly on him is pretty comfortably above requirements.
    We had a rather crappy raid comp yesterday so we switched back to normal (we need the bonus set pieces and many people, including me, still lag with EN pieces of gear anyway so there is still lots of upgrade) and even with a definitely very sloppy gameplay (tons of people dieing to shit because they didn't pay attention, managing to wipe several times on trash due to aggroing everything in sight for the lulz, people trying dumb thing "to check" like one DH making a dash on Krosus and ending up in water, more or less "accidentally" pulling Aluriel in the middle of a fight while clearing her trash, etc.) we could basically faceroll 8/10 with subpar DPS. I'm pretty sure we had even less than 350K ST on average (yes, sloppy play as I said ) and yet the enrage was never even a factor.

Deleted
    Depends if you're speaking on actual DPS on the boss or padded DPS from AoEing the millions of adds everywhere, but for Tich a 350K mainly on him is pretty comfortably above requirements.
    We had a rather crappy raid comp yesterday so we switched back to normal (we need the bonus set pieces and many people, including me, still lag with EN pieces of gear anyway so there is still lots of upgrade) and even with a definitely very sloppy gameplay (tons of people dieing to shit because they didn't pay attention, managing to wipe several times on trash due to aggroing everything in sight for the lulz, people trying dumb thing "to check" like one DH making a dash on Krosus and ending up in water, more or less "accidentally" pulling Aluriel in the middle of a fight while clearing her trash, etc.) we could basically faceroll 8/10 with subpar DPS. I'm pretty sure we had even less than 350K ST on average (yes, sloppy play as I said ) and yet the enrage was never even a factor.
    You do need the DPS from tichondrius and above, yet you re only 8/10. So I don't think you can make that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    You do need the DPS from tichondrius and above, yet you re only 8/10. So I don't think you can make that statement.
    Wut ?
    Tich isn't the 9th boss, so even if we were only at 8/10 we would already have gone quite a bit past him, so your answer doesn't make any sense.
    Anyway, we already have cleaned normal last week - 8/10 is just what we did yesterday because we felt the raid wasn't good enough for HC, as it's plainly written.
    Normal is very lenient number-wise, which was my point.

Wut ?
    Tich isn't the 9th boss, so even if we were only at 8/10 we would already have gone quite a bit past him, so your answer doesn't make any sense.
    Anyway, we already have cleaned normal last week - 8/10 is just what we did yesterday because we felt the raid wasn't good enough for HC, as it's plainly written.
    Normal is very lenient number-wise, which was my point.
    No Tich isn't the 9th boss, but while normal is lenient number-wise, his minimum DPS requirement is higher than 9 or 10's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Did up to Gul'dan on heroic, in guild. Average ilvl 890 average artifact level 40.

Surprised us that we got Elisande so fast, 100% mechanics fight, low incoming damage, low dps requirement. Tichondrius was harder.

We did 8 pulls on Heroic Gul'dan and got him to 60%. Seems pretty tough.
    Update, got Heroic Gul'dan in 23 pulls. He's much harder than the rest of the instance. The fire debuff and soul soaking that were both kind of whatever in normal screwed us up bad when we first saw them in heroic.

It also doesn't help when you die in embarassing ways like me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UppcavvCwDM

At least we got to see what his berserk timer looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    No Tich isn't the 9th boss, but while normal is lenient number-wise, his minimum DPS requirement is higher than 9 or 10's.
    In the group I raid with Tich was the 6th boss we downed on normal.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Biggest fuck up in nighthold heroic is the balancing between 10 to 30man, I ran this on 10man and 30man with full mains (avg ilvl of 895? somin like that) and guldan is signifcantly more difficult when you run with 10 vs 30, now this is generally the case but the way its designed it stood out to me. Still getting 3 bonds etc. Few other bosses have the same problems but guldan is defo the biggest one regarding that. We oneshot it even with a dc but compared to 30man its kinda unfair.

I am currently in a casual guild. We've just killed today normal 8/10 and my question is simple. Do you think that it's worth to switch now to heroic since the first 1-2-3-4-etc... bosses are easier than Elisande and Guldan on normal or do you think we shoulst stick with the last 2 of normal?

Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    I am currently in a casual guild. We've just killed today normal 8/10 and my question is simple. Do you think that it's worth to switch now to heroic since the first 1-2-3-4-etc... bosses are easier than Elisande and Guldan on normal or do you think we shoulst stick with the last 2 of normal?
    I'd go for elisande first, she's Imo definitely easier then star augur and botanist.

The first three hc bosses are also pretty easy, even in a pug

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I'd go for elisande first, she's Imo definitely easier then star augur and botanist.

The first three hc bosses are also pretty easy, even in a pug
    So if I understand well you advise Elisande then the first 3 heroic bosses then guldan. I also think that we should start with Elisande if it is not too hard since it gives set token also.

Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    So if I understand well you advise Elisande then the first 3 heroic bosses then guldan. I also think that we should start with Elisande if it is not too hard since it gives set token also.
    I don't think normal Gul'dan is a very hard boss either. More tier and good trinkets from him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    First three are fairly simple on heroic. Alurial gets kinda busy.

I'll drag some of my friends into LFR to try to convince them to want to pug raids with me and they are just so lost on every fight. It is not like they are stupid players; most of them have been playing since vanilla/wrath.

Not to mention none of the mechanics explain themselves. Fire and aoe stuff makes sense. Killing adds makes sense. Add random positioning requirements and forcing players to have DBM (which almost no non-raiders have) and you get some people that just run around and hit stuff while having no idea what is going on. They want to do well but can't because it takes 5 minutes to explain every fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    I'll drag some of my friends into LFR to try to convince them to want to pug raids with me and they are just so lost on every fight. It is not like they are stupid players; most of them have been playing since vanilla/wrath.

Not to mention none of the mechanics explain themselves. Fire and aoe stuff makes sense. Killing adds makes sense. Add random positioning requirements and forcing players to have DBM (which almost no non-raiders have) and you get some people that just run around and hit stuff while having no idea what is going on. They want to do well but can't because it takes 5 minutes to explain every fight.
    I cannot agree with this. All mechanics in legion are completely playable without any visual help of external addons. Even timers are not so important anymore because of emotes. The base ui support is fairly enough. You dont know how often I facepalm during the progression because the people have some little issues with WA and they were not able to play the game without it... grand conjunction easy, krosus beams easy or standard void zones easy, but they are failing these mechanics without WA .... would me wonder if they are able to take a shit without WA is telling them its time to take a shit.