Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Drama aside, is anyone else disappointed that the second major block of this raid (Star Augur) seems to be the most disappointing boss in the raid? Maybe it's totally different on Mythic, but on Heroic, it's by far the least fun I've had in Nighthold so far.
    Don't be disappointed!
    https://youtu.be/rJxm56PIaBQ?t=2462 (P3 from PTR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Really? Most people I've talked to have Star Augur as one of their favourite fights in Nighthold and I certainly agree.
    Really fun fight with really beautiful scenary.
    Fuck yeah, the scenery of star augur is what makes the fight amazing for me, the mechanics aren't really the most complex or interesting but the ever changing environment of the different planets in the background really makes this fight.

Really? Most people I've talked to have Star Augur as one of their favourite fights in Nighthold and I certainly agree.
    Really fun fight with really beautiful scenary.
    Complete opposite for me Everyone finds it too long & uneventful, and as a tank with lesser magic mitigation, I'm fully expecting to have to log an alt (probably Monk/Druid) for mythic.

Fight is definitely beautiful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitterst View Post
    Don't be disappointed!
    Cheers, I'll check it out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterst View Post
    Don't be disappointed!
    cant see it clearly on mobile,
    can u see the ADD HP?

Deleted
    scenery, maybe. Depends on taste but its really just a round room with a few different skyboxes. I like botanists room better.

But the fight is painfully dull (at least on heroic). Stack with group nuke boss. Walk out if you get ice. Second phase spread out nuke boss. Dont stand in fire and move to edge for explosion. Last phase nuke add, if add is dead nuke boss.

Quote Originally Posted by l4p View Post
    cant see it clearly on mobile,
    can u see the ADD HP?
    HPs are not displayed unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm still bothered by Sco's comment:

"At same time concerned how internal channels continue to be leaked to other guilds, our private forums, and now random slack channels."

It's just kind of... tone deaf. At this point his organization is being accused of sabotaging the world first, and he's complaining about internal channels being leaked? To use a parallel here, say Hillarys emails showed actual evidence of wrongdoing, and she spent all her time complaining how it's unfair she got hacked.

The next question I have that someone maybe can help clarify is: what is he referring to? Is it the (allegedly photoshopped) screenshots that purport to show that Method knew? It's just a confusing message and shows that he might not comprehend that his guild's credibility is in serious question here. It's a weird statement.
    Yes he is talking about the message Slootbag tweeted out that has Jadelolz brag about locking out Serenity and to which Chris Potter, an Officer replied.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So, realistically speaking, what do you even do when you're stuck on a boss like Star Augur if you're not making the dps check? I guess once you have the mechanics down perfectly, you just grind out attempts in the hopes that all your dps get crazy good RNG. Other than that, your only option is to grind for gear. I'd imagine at this point all split heroics have been done and everyone is at 54 traits for both Method and Serenity. So their only options for more gear would be split normals and more mythic+ spam, both of which seem quite unlikely to actually yield an upgrade at this point.

I think if Star Augur lives another 24 hours, he will live for the rest of the reset.

The next question I have that someone maybe can help clarify is: what is he referring to? Is it the (allegedly photoshopped) screenshots that purport to show that Method knew? It's just a confusing message and shows that he might not comprehend that his guild's credibility is in serious question here. It's a weird statement.
    The second screenshot was a fake, made by a mmo-c forumer to show how easy it is to create fakes. But the first screenshot is real. Method confirmed it.

If you want all the informations, here's a recap : https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ation_what_we/

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think if Star Augur lives another 24 hours, he will live for the rest of the reset.
    Or he will suffer a 20% health nerf as usual. He's not the endboss, he cannot resist more than one day.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    What?! I thought it was one of the more fun ones of the raid! And soooooo pretty! Loved the phase changing too!
    I guess the people I raid with & the videos I've seen are just the outliers then, as everyone here seems to love it. Move out with debuff & move back in for 8 minutes isn't the kinda thing that can be saved by a pretty environment for me, haha.

Deleted
    From the looks of /who Serenity, it seems like they're running 2 healers (holy paladin and resto druid) - which clearly indicates that the biggest problem is the DPS check

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Or he will suffer a 20% health nerf as usual. He's not the endboss, he cannot resist more than one day.
    Fucking hope not. Would be good to have a boss in the main raid of this tier that isnt the end boss living for longer than a week for once. Gul'dan hopefully lasting another week after this one as well.

- - - Updated - - -

From the looks of /who Serenity, it seems like they're running 2 healers (holy paladin and resto druid) - which clearly indicates that the biggest problem is the DPS check
    Wow, you can really raid mythic with 2 healers, 2 tanks and 16 dps?

Deleted
    So, realistically speaking, what do you even do when you're stuck on a boss like Star Augur if you're not making the dps check? I guess once you have the mechanics down perfectly, you just grind out attempts in the hopes that all your dps get crazy good RNG. Other than that, your only option is to grind for gear. I'd imagine at this point all split heroics have been done and everyone is at 54 traits for both Method and Serenity. So their only options for more gear would be split normals and more mythic+ spam, both of which seem quite unlikely to actually yield an upgrade at this point.

Assuming DPS is the issue.Generally, you go back to basics and see where you can lose some healing without wiping and gain more DPS. Looks and see if certain class's can preform better and abuse anything on the encounter to get more DPS out. Paragon on Neferian comes to mind, when they had to stack Ferals after Sej saw his rips were critting for 1mil+.

Also we don't know if the boss is even mechanically possible and see if there is a hotfix inc. Another example of this is 25hc Twin Consorts. After the nerf, it was killed relatively quickly.

Bare in mind though, all i've been told, Serenity had it as low as 12%. Now whether it's true or false is another thing entirely :P

10+ Year Old Account

not next reset. Today is Friday, which means Americans can freely sit at their computers and raid. Would say 48hrs.. If Auger survives 48hrs, she will last through reset. Which is awesome.

There are still upgrades that could be had in M+. doing M+15 - 20, the titanforged items would be up to like 925. I guarantee no one in the top 5 is rockin 925ilvl. The only thing I can think of is they do normals IF some people are magically missing thier 4pc.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Ye Star Augur on normal and heroic is meh at best, after you get over the skyboxes and stuff.

The's like double the mechanics on mythic though, one of them requiring proper coordination.

But I mean, if it's a fake, why is he complaining about real content being leaked?
    Because the first one (that shows the toon and has the "lol" comment from Chrispotter) is real. The second one (that has comments from Sco in it) is fake.

Deleted
    Serenity got their quadpriest+trirogue ready @Augar

Deleted
    Regardless of the content no guild leading would be happy if his internal communication would be leaked on twitter by other guilds.

Deleted
    now, THIS is news, anyone can update on FS and Method setup?