Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Why can't it just be like how wrath was once you get to max level you pay gold for flying non of this stupid lame ass pathfinder bullshit
    Now wonder wrath was best and most popular expansion.
    Flying means best expansion now?

Oh dear.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

sense of entitlement

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    How do you not understand that they spent years developing an expansion, coming up with enemy mechanics, quests, zones and world interactions, is it really so bad that they want you to experience everything they have been working on rather than trivializing the content by avoiding everything they have worked on including combat, by flying over everything?

I think flying is the worst thing that they have added to wow, not because it skips content, I personally like flying, but I hate the sense of entitlement most of the community feel towards it. Blizzard make a whole game and all people care about is skipping it. If it feels like work, do something else and don't pay for a subscription. No one forces anyone to pay a subscription!
    Blizzard was the one who created the entitlement attitude by giving us flying just for hitting max level way back when. Then they took it away and made us work for it. That is where all the crying is coming from. Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh away

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    If you don't enjoy quest content, this may just not be the game for you any more. I don't mean that in an insulting way; anyone who doesn't currently enjoy the game should probably just stop playing it. If you don't find enjoyment in a game, what is the point of the game?
    You said something interesting here. And while I know it's not exactly the same subject you were talking about, I wanted to point it out.

I think we all know there are several different ways to "enjoy" questing content. Some people sit down and read all the quest text, get into character, and then go explore and appreciate the environment by looking around and sticking their face into every corner to find stuff, even if it's not related in any way to the quest.

Then there's the people who get the quest, recognize it's a "kill X", skip the quest text, go directly to the quest area and annihilate everything in a 1 mile radius, collect the loot, then move on.

Both types of players are having fun.

Now, lets say Blizzard comes along at some point and makes it so that quests are all fully voice acted, sort of like SWTOR does. Some people LOVE that the voice acting makes the game feel more alive, and more immersive. They really like what Blizzard is doing with the game. But some people just want to do the quest and move on. When the people who just want to do the quest ask why there's no option to skip the voice acting, the ones who like it tell them that WoW clearly isn't the game for them anymore and that they should leave. Even though some people skipping the quest dialogue wouldn't actually stop other people from listening and enjoying it fully.

This is pretty much what's happened with flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Flying means best expansion now?

Oh dear.
    Not necessarily. But TBC and WotLK are pretty strong evidence showing that flying is not the massively damaging evil that people like to make it out to be.

Want to give balanced flying? Charge 150k for it. Maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Want to give balanced flying? Charge 150k for it. Maybe more.
    I would pay that in a heartbeat if it was available from day one.

But if we're going to use gold as the unlock, then let's use a decent system. 10k for the initial unlock, but at the original 60% speed from back in TBC. Upgraded to the same as ground speed for 150k. Then current full air speed after completing pathfinder.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-28 at 04:06 AM.

150k would probably still be too low. The point would be to have it at BC levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Again, after reading all comments in this thread, I still ask this:

What harm does flying do to the game?

If people like the terrain and don't want to fly, FINE no one force you. But let us fly-fans use our flying mounts.

SO WHAT if some developers at Blizzard get their feelings hurt cause we are not experience the content they designed to the fullest. Their paychecks will make them feel better again. Is it better for Blizzard to lose subscribers who want to fly?
    The harm it does is that it makes the world seem empty. Right now there's people everywhere, you see people all the time while running to and from world quests. With flying, you'll never see lots of people anymore since they just fly straight line to the point.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Flying should have been enabled from the start of the legion, via a token that comes by mail, in a package that also contains a token for 54 artifact traits and 3 legendaries...

For some resason I have completley stopped doing World quests. Cant be bothered running around again, takes to much time, to much of a hassle after doing it 89173 times.

If we had flying now? Yeah I would probably do it more often We got a new raid now sure, but not much other content. If we had flying now I would prob stick around longer.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    150k would probably still be too low. The point would be to have it at BC levels.
    yeah 150k is too low. I can make 150k from herbs in a couple hours. Maybe 5 hours tops.

Back in TBC it took me a solid 2 months of doing every daily quest I could and then mining for 2-3 hours a night all while piddling with the AH.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You're playing half of the game then. The world is also an important part of World of Warcraft.
    No it's not. Warlords of Draenor went out of its way to prove just how completely and utterly pointless the world is by being a barren wasteland of worthless grindfucks.

You know, the empty barren worthless world that was exactly as Blizzard envisioned it, because hey, they got rid of flying for the majority of Warlords, and got to show us just how creative they could be with no flying hindering their oh-so vast creativity.

That creativity being platforming that made Bubsy 64 look competant, apexis grind fests that absolutely no one cared for because of how braindead they were in design and execution, and Trashran.

I do not have an issue with the current system of needing an achievement to fly... I DO think that the achievement (and all it's component parts) should be available from the start, just requiring you to do things that may take some time.
    Add a new area? Add another achievement.
    Having to run around on the ground for the SAME quests, in the SAME zones for months is not making people appreciate the scenery more... I would bet that most people have already stopped paying attention to the scenery by the tenth time they are running a quest, so forcing ground mounts at that point is not making people pay more attention to the world the devs have built, just annoying them.

And before people talk about world PvP... how much does that effect PvP realms, let alone PvE realms which last I heard was the majority?

Basically, having to run things through on the ground at first? Not a problem in my opinion. Having to use ground mounts only, 4-8 months into the expansion when I have already done all the quests on 5-10 characters? Seriously annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    How do you not understand that they spent years developing an expansion, coming up with enemy mechanics, quests, zones and world interactions, is it really so bad that they want you to experience everything they have been working on rather than trivializing the content by avoiding everything they have worked on including combat, by flying over everything?

I think flying is the worst thing that they have added to wow, not because it skips content, I personally like flying, but I hate the sense of entitlement most of the community feel towards it. Blizzard make a whole game and all people care about is skipping it. If it feels like work, do something else and don't pay for a subscription. No one forces anyone to pay a subscription!
    I literally need one spell to kill anything that isn't a rare mob.
    Where are the mechanics you talk about? How is the content not trivialized?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    Flying should have been enabled from the start of the legion, via a token that comes by mail, in a package that also contains a token for 54 artifact traits and 3 legendaries...
    Next expansion they probably WILL be mailing people BIS at the rate WoW is going
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Now, lets say Blizzard comes along at some point and makes it so that quests are all fully voice acted, sort of like SWTOR does. Some people LOVE that the voice acting makes the game feel more alive, and more immersive. They really like what Blizzard is doing with the game. But some people just want to do the quest and move on. When the people who just want to do the quest ask why there's no option to skip the voice acting, the ones who like it tell them that WoW clearly isn't the game for them anymore and that they should leave. Even though some people skipping the quest dialogue wouldn't actually stop other people from listening and enjoying it fully.
    And it probably wouldn't be the game for them any more. When a game makes rapid changes like expansion launches or even just gradual changes over a longer period of time with intermittent patching, it isn't necessarily the same game people fell in love with originally. When you stop enjoying a game (which is literally created for player enjoyment) then it's time to stop playing the game. That's the glory of video games; when you get tired of them or are no longer entertained, you simply make the choice to stop playing it. I haven't hit that point in WoW yet, but I'm sure eventually enough changes will be made to the game where I no longer derive enjoyment from the content and decide that it simply isn't the game for me any more. It happened with other MMO's I tried playing like SW:ToR which went with a terrible Free to Play model; I tried it out for a while and decided it simply wasn't for me so I stopped playing it. I tried Archeage but found it very boring because to me it felt like a 3D Farmville, I tried Aion but was annoyed by a lot of things about the game and the wild swings in class balance when the game launched along with their frustrating gemming system for gear so I stopped playing it. That's the point of a game; you play it for enjoyment and when you no longer derive enjoyment from the game, you can just stop playing it. I don't go back to previous games or their forums and obsess about how I thought the game was better before X change, I simply move on even if I invested hundreds of hours into it because it's still just a game at the end of the day.

At the point I decide WoW is no longer the game for me I'll look for something new to do whether it's another MMO that draws my attention, putting more focus into other games I play casually like League of Legends or H1Z1, or simply a new hobby altogether that isn't related to gaming at all like cooking or some sort of crafts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...inder-part-two

so the part two is here..

i remember blizzard saying that part 2 would be way more faster than part one, but yet, you need:

-Do the history line of legionfall;
    -Reach exalted with Armies of Legionfall;

if the reputation follow like was the other, when u can only get rep with WQ/Emissarys (and the questline), this will take roughly 1 month to complete, like part one.

this is just stupid tbh :/

already tired of getting on ground, and hte worse, everytime i get dazed, i get unmounted. if at least they take the unmount part of it, it would be less stressing :/
    yea it really is stupid that you can't get this in only 1 day...
    We should be able to clear a raid in an hour, see all the content in 3 hours. They need to come up with a big patch every 2 weeks.

Seriously, stop rushing, you'll burn yourself out. Trust me, i know
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I literally need one spell to kill anything that isn't a rare mob.
    Where are the mechanics you talk about? How is the content not trivialized?
    overgearing content renders lower end content trivial. news at eleven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    yea it really is stupid that you can't get this in only 1 day...
    We should be able to clear a raid in an hour
    You do realize that, depending on the raid, skilled people can actually do this?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    overgearing content renders lower end content trivial. news at eleven.
    At this point everyone but the most casual player has outgeared the content. Everyone has seen the content, the mechanics etc to the point of one shooting everything. Thanks to world quests there is probably no area you haven't seen dozens of times.

Being against flight at this point is purely out of spite, but you already. Admitted to that anyway.

And it probably wouldn't be the game for them any more. When a game makes rapid changes like expansion launches or even just gradual changes over a longer period of time with intermittent patching, it isn't necessarily the same game people fell in love with originally.
    Fundamentally I agree, however.....

When you stop enjoying a game (which is literally created for player enjoyment) then it's time to stop playing the game.
    ...the thing here is that many of us didn't stop enjoying the game as a whole. We just didn't enjoy this one aspect that was changed. I still like raiding. I still like dungeons. I still like PVP.

But, unfortunately, Blizzard's actions since WoD have made it pretty damn clear that anything OTHER than quitting is regarded as implicit approval of anything they're doing.

Simply telling someone that this isn't the game for them any longer is far too simplistic of a response, anyway. As you yourself seem to understand quite well: Games change, especially MMORPGs. That means they can change BACK as easily. Simply throwing up your hands in frustration and going to play something else for a little while is probably a perfectly healthy thing to do. I've done it plenty of times. But there are no real substitutes for WoW, and I see nothing at all wrong with continuing to work towards bringing back a feature that LOTS of people obviously enjoy. And bringing it back in a form that doesn't suck slimy murloc balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    Which, theoretically, wouldn't be the worst idea so long as the open world was actually designed to be challenging for such power and utility, and shifted the focus away from braindead grind quests to more skillful play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    The harm it does is that it makes the world seem empty. Right now there's people everywhere, you see people all the time while running to and from world quests. With flying, you'll never see lots of people anymore since they just fly straight line to the point.
    The entire premise here is badly flawed. You want to force other people to play in a way they don't enjoy just so you can personally feel like the world SEEMS more populated?

That's not harming the game. That's harming your own selfish desire to perceive the game in a very specific way. Those people will be there doing content regardless of how they got there. If you really want to argue for making a world which feels more populated, then you should be arguing for quests with objectives more complex and lasting than "Kill x bears" or "collect x nuts". The issue you're having is not with flight, but with how weak the content is.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-28 at 12:12 PM.