Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i had to laugh at this.
    not because youre threatened with being kicked from the guild, but i used to slack on trash too & i was a healer lol
    i couldnt be arsed to give it 100% on shit like trash, just enough to keep people alive & not once was i threatened with getting kicked.
    keep up the good work mate, im so glad i wasnt the only one who couldnt give a shit until the boss fights.
    as an old GM used to say, "you dont fucking progress by killing trash!!"
    This is the dumbest post i read in this thread lol

Waste time on trash means less time on boss, and trash can be a source of BoE items that can help the raid

It's obvious that afking for this guy is an issue, but looking at the logs. It's not only him. Like if Rexxer is afking, what is Delmat doing lol.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&difficulty=0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyskaar View Post
    As i have said before to you Rexerr: Raids are trash and bosses, if you don't pick up on one don't expect to be there for the other.

I truly wish you the best of luck in finding a new guild that raids HC Nighthold or higher with the amount of effort you put into raids, mythic + and into your artifact weapon.

P.S. You've been gkicked.
    isnt nighhold that piss easy raid that people can do with their eyes closed?

10+ Year Old Account
    i had to laugh at this.
    not because youre threatened with being kicked from the guild, but i used to slack on trash too & i was a healer lol
    i couldnt be arsed to give it 100% on shit like trash, just enough to keep people alive & not once was i threatened with getting kicked.
    keep up the good work mate, im so glad i wasnt the only one who couldnt give a shit until the boss fights.
    as an old GM used to say, "you dont fucking progress by killing trash!!"
    Actually, you do progress by killing trash. Take 2x as long on trash as you need to and you get fewer boss attempts which will hurt progression. But AGAIN, it's not about 100% on trash - once again, read the fucking thread (look at the logs where OP is doing 1/3 of the DPS of the people paying attention). When you're healing, it's also irrelevant how hard you play as long as, as you state, people live.

Tennisace - do you not understsandf what ignore means? And yes, you can focus for 2 hours. Your excuses are weak bullshit - if you went out to play rec league, oh, say, TENNIS, you'd not pause during the game to check your phone and call up your family while others on the court are waiting for you to serve. More to the point, you're not going to do that if you're on a team (say, baseball or soccer).... Oh hey guys, I'm not going to run after that ball... gotta text.

This is the same thing - people are coming together to do something. People like you are poison - you always think you're special, that you don't have to focus and pull your weight. The others in your raid are real people too.

You did this in progression? Bull. Shit. I flat out don't believe you. Now, back to /ignore.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-01-28 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    you progress by getting in more kill attempts on bosses, which you can't do if you waste time because half your raiders drag ass on trash
    we had good progress despite slacking on trash.
    if i played wow i would continue to do so, nothing & nobody would change my playstyle.
    luckily i no longer play the dumbed down version of the game i used to enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    (say, baseball or soccer)
    WTF is soccer????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    It's obvious that afking for this guy is an issue, but looking at the logs. It's not only him. Like if Rexxer is afking, what is Delmat doing lol.

Holy crap, I play destro and that is pathetic...

- - - Updated - - -

we had good progress despite slacking on trash.
    if i played wow i would continue to do so, nothing & nobody would change my playstyle.
    luckily i no longer play the dumbed down version of the game i used to enjoy.
    er... then why the hell are you here? How sad does one have to be to hang out of game forums for games you no longer play??

WTF is soccer????
    The rest of you outside the US call it football

Looks like Delmat didn't join the raid until they were on High Botanist Tel'arn. This is a more accurate log of what he did on trash https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...66&end=4540541

The difference is, does he have a history of afking on trash? Looking through their logs, he's only present on their final boss kill that evening where as Rexerr was "present" the entire time.
    Rex also has multiple logs on trash where he's dead last so it's pretty safe to say that afking is a recurring behavior with him.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2017-01-28 at 08:40 PM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    I should elaborate on this, I don't go solid afk during all trash. Its literally 30 secs to go for a bio, to reply to a text (if I have one) I still do my job in trash, do the deeps, blow what cds I can etc
    No you are not, otherwise they wouldn't call you out on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Holy crap, I play destro and that is pathetic...

- - - Updated - - -

er... then why the hell are you here? How sad does one have to be to hang out of game forums for games you no longer play??

The rest of you outside the US call it football
    no wonder you call it soccer when you have fans like this jerk...

My thinking is , you are slacking you are disrespecting everyone else's time and efforts.
    If you are not doing your "job" you do not need to be there.
    That is my opinion though.
    Different Guilds, different rules.

If you need to do something during trash, say something. Although it's not a huge deal now and then I can see how someone consistently letting his teammates deal with trash could piss people off. In case you hadn't considered it others might have Facebook, emails or texts too but manage to do their part, even though it's trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of in Kara as a Resto Druid the whole raid had to wait on me because I was in Treant form.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or we call it soccer because we already have a game that uses a foot-shaped ball that is far more popular in the states.
    What the fuck is wrong with your feet if they are shaped like footballs?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account

Joining later in the raid? no dmg until then so quite sure he wasnt in the raid until later.
    Last edited by Addict; 2017-01-28 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm not trolling and it's against the rules to accuse someone of that.

I do need to do that. Sometimes family members want to talk. I'm not going to just ignore them for 2 hours. What kind of person puts a video game ahead of their family? That's ridiculous!

I've been in pretty serious progression guilds which were doing hardmodes and it was never a problem. If you're a top tier player, they understand.
    Being in the same guild as OP (and being a father of two young boys myself, so I don't qualify as the single college student) I can say this. His afking had nothing to do with family life. Read his OP and you will see for yourself. If you want to stand up for someone by all means. I hate that OP brought this whole discussion onto himself but the officers in the guild we are in had every right to warn and remove him. He was warned about being removed from the raid multiple times. Get your facts rights before you blindly jump to someones defence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntall View Post
    Being in the same guild as OP (and being a father of two young boys myself, so I don't qualify as the single college student) I can say this. His afking had nothing to do with family life. Read his OP and you will see for yourself. If you want to stand up for someone by all means. I hate that OP brought this whole discussion onto himself but the officers in the guild we are in had every right to warn and remove him. He was warned about being removed from the raid multiple times. Get your facts rights before you blindly jump to someones defence.
    Please.
    I'm not defending the OP. I'm defending the notion that raiding is like being in the army where you cannot leave the computer screen during trash. That is simply not how it is for any guild that isn't going for server/world firsts. Aka most guilds.

The OP says...
    on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH.
    How can you say you're a social relaxed guild which is clearly not doing cutting edge content, yet expect a military like atmosphere?
    Last edited by Tennis; 2017-01-28 at 09:55 PM.

Please.
    I'm not defending the OP. I'm defending the notion that raiding is like being in the army where you cannot leave the computer screen during trash. That is simply not how it is for any guild that isn't going for server/world firsts. Aka most guilds.

The OP says...

How can you say you're a social relaxed guild which is clearly not doing cutting edge content, yet expect a military like atmosphere?
    I agree with you.

It reminds me of myself being a warrior tank in TBC. We were doing farm content in black temple, back when threat actually required you to be very aware and we had no aoe abilities. So I was obviously not playing at my max awareness during trash, and a trigger happy rogue was blade fury'ing on trash and dieing. Every single time.

Eventually, his moaning managed to get me kicked from the guild a few months later but I never felt bad about it. More like relieved.

This is why I might sympathize with the original poster. Raiding is not the army. On laid back guilds, you should get away with playing at a lesser level on trash.

Yes. Would have already kicked you. Hate idiots like you *triggered*

Please.

The OP says...

Everyone has different expectations and limitations. If people in the guild are fine with clearing without breaks, and still feel they have a relaxed, social setting, than that is up to them to determine. The OP was warned that his behavior is unacceptable. The OP did not make any claim that he tried to petition for an actual break, only that he broke the guild's rules. Your claims are valueless.

If I feel like a social guild requires having a break every hour, that does not mean that a guild that has one every two hours is not a social guild. People are different. Their treatment of the OP is also not overbearing in the slightest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    This is why I might sympathize with the original poster. Raiding is not the army. On laid back guilds, you should get away with playing at a lesser level on trash.
    He was given fair warning, ignored it, went out of his way to try and shame his guild, and was shown to be doing far worse than he himself had let on. He had every right to be kicked. Nothing is army like about having standards, casual or not. The definition of casual is not set and stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.