Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

5 dead! Canadian Mosque Attacked

BREAKING NEWS

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aths?CMP=fb_gu
    Five people have reportedly been killed and several injured in a gun attack at a mosque in Québec City, the mosque’s president has said.

The shooting was carried out by three attackers and happened during evening prayers at about 8pm on Sunday, said witnesses.

About 40 people were thought to be in the building – the Québec City Islamic cultural center on Sainte-Foy Street – at the time.

They were killed inside of a mosque? So it's probably non-Muslims shooting Muslims maybe?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Sad stuff, lets hope the cops find and kill the people who did it then. Would save some paperwork.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They were killed inside of a mosque? So it's probably non-Muslims shooting Muslims maybe?
    Mosque attacks are common place in the arab world, usually done by suicide bombers though so yeah could be done by non muslims we will see soon enough, should be easy enough to track them and hopefully kill them, could spare one for some info.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sad stuff, lets hope the cops find and kill the people who did it then. Would save some paperwork.

- - - Updated - - -

Mosque attacks are common place in the arab world, usualy done by suicide bombers though so yeah could be done by non muslims we will see soon enough, should be easy enough to track them and hopefully kill them, could spare one for some info.
    Considering this is done in Canada, and the Mosque had a pig's head left on its doorstep last year, I am going to say it was done by Christians.

Im definitely interested in finding out the whos and whys.

Mosque attacks are common place in the arab world, usually done by suicide bombers though so yeah could be done by non muslims we will see soon enough, should be easy enough to track them and hopefully kill them, could spare one for some info.
    Usually done by other muslims, at that

Seems they have already captured 2 people and one is still on the run, went pretty fast.

Quebec City Police say several people are dead*after shots were fired inside*a Quebec City mosque on Sunday night.*
    Multiple people are also feared wounded, according to CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada.
    Their condition is not known at this time.
    A few dozen people were inside the*Islamic cultural centre of Quebec in the*Sainte-Foy*neighbourhood when the shooting began just after 8 p.m.*
    The director of the centre said at least five people were killed, but that information has not been confirmed by police.*
    Two suspects have been arrested.*
    A large perimeter has been set up around the mosque.
    This June, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, a pig's head was left on the doorstep of the mosque.

This was on CBC

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Difficult to say, globally speaking Muslims tend to be the biggest victims of Islamist violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Usually done by other muslims, at that
    Yes in the arab world it's about sunni and shia's, i doubt it's that in canada though could be some right wing nuts pissed that they will take in more refugees, we will know in a few minutes/hours.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Trudeau will now want bring over hordes of Muslims to get Canada's tolerance meter back up.

infracted - trolling

It's not trolling, Trudeau really does care more about virtue signaling than the welfare of Canadians.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-01-31 at 04:10 AM.

Wait, really? Would that be the first "terrorist" attack in quebec?

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    No there was the 2014 Saint Jean sur Richelieu ramming attack by a jihadi.

There was this guy who shot up the Canadian parliament. There have been a few.
    That to.

Only in Amer... oh wait...

Yes in the arab world it's about sunni and shia's, i doubt it's that in canada though could be some right wing nuts pissed that they will take in more refugees, we will know in a few minutes/hours.
    Considering the Arab world is coming to the west, the probability of such things happening is only going to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Sainte-Foy?

Welp, I'm getting a panicked phone call from my grandparents that live nearby.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141023201043-erin-dnt-savidge-ottawa-parliament-shooter-00002217-story-top.jpg[]

The Canadian Parliament isn't in Quebec.

You tried though. Just not hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    This place is like... 45 minutes away from my home.

This is sincerely... You know, you tend to think you're immune to these things.

Humans can be disgusting at times.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Radio-Canada, pig heads have been left before there.

Wonder who the two suspects are.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes a special kind of hatefulness to take a case where 5 innocent people died from a hate crime, and use that as a vehicle to attack people like the victims for daring to be here in the first place.

My sympathies lie entirely with the victims, who should never have to face this kind of hostility.