Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    120 mythic+ and all emissary quest + random raids, dont have 3rd one yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Legendaries are exponentially more difficult to obtain with each additional legendary you get. You should not change specs unless there is "Crossover" in the legs you have, and if you get bad ones it is easier to reroll and level a new character to 110 to obtain good legendaries than it is to get them on a character that already has bad ones.
    Where has this ever been said or confirmed?
    In my experience this isn't true... I clear everything I possibly can every week + a daily hc/bg and the odd mythic+.
    I get a legendary on my main every 2-3 weeks consistently. I got my 7th this week.
    The only time I ever had a longer gap was for my first one at the start of Legion which took 5 weeks.

I read all the blue posts and I can't remember them saying it gets harder every time you get one, I just hear players saying that.
    If you discount the bad luck protection thing at 4+ that they changed from a couple months ago I don't think its true.

played since release and only have 2 legendary feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by Samwisez View Post
    2Defensives... BlinkChest+Neck. and chest is going to be replaced bcoz of P4set
    Last edited by exor37; 2017-01-29 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    Where has this ever been said or confirmed?
    In my experience this isn't true... I clear everything I possibly can every week + a daily hc/bg and the odd mythic+.
    I get a legendary on my main every 2-3 weeks consistently. I got my 7th this week.
    The only time I ever had a longer gap was for my first one at the start of Legion which took 5 weeks.

I read all the blue posts and I can't remember them saying it gets harder every time you get one, I just hear players saying that.
    If you discount the bad luck protection thing at 4+ that they changed from a couple months ago I don't think its true.
    Well your one sample size has convinced me as opposed to the aggregate collected data of everyone in the armory

Quote Originally Posted by Samwisez View Post
    How many days /played do you have? And are you doing all raids + mythics + pvp every week? I'm asking because "played since" doesn't say anything. One could lvl up day one and mostly do stuff that will never drop legendary.

I only have 4 on main, more than 50days play time, each day 5-7 M+ dungeons, emissary cache, daily, normal mythics each week, HC raids...

Good thing is that 2 of them are useful so i can't really complain. What would it help would be to when you get legendary you get additional "coin" that can be used to roll on a legendary for OS and get one random ( utility or class specific ). That would help a lot because I play with all 3 specs ( out of 4 ) and I will never get legendary items for all specs considering there are like 30 atm.
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-01-29 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Well your one sample size has convinced me as opposed to the aggregate collected data of everyone in the armory
    How about you answer the question...
    Where have Blizz said that each legendary gets exponentially harder to get... I've not seen it.

From my own activities (not taking into account that some things give a higher chance than others) I get a legendary around every 300-400 loot chances on average, whether that be a boss kill, an emissary cache, a m+ chest or a bg win.
    The only time I've seen that this is different is now your first legendary comes pretty quickly after you hit 110.
    That might extend to your 2nd legendary too, I'm not sure, but after that everything I've seen the chance after that is linear.
    (at least after the BLP fix)

If each legendary was making the chance exponentially harder I would have seen some increase in the time until the next legendary drops.
    What I do each week is consistent (other than it increases slightly as new raids open) and the time in between legendaries for me is consistent.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-01-29 at 01:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing changed, the system is still ultra shitty... the may have upped the drop rate a tiny bit like they said but nothing you will feel on single character level...

And no fix to the system in sight. It still prevent people from performing at top level. It still prevent pure from switching spec per fight (probably the worst for me). It still leaves you with a shit taste in your mouth when your drop almost everyone of them but your bis, and the feeling of dropping bis is more one of relief than one of excitement....

They will probably patch some shit in 7.2 were you can target one or exchange them... and then everyone will have the 2 same legendary and it's going to be just like the ring or cloak in wod/mist, legion is probably my favourite expac in terms of content. M+ are awesome, raids are great and there is always stuff to do but i wish they would have stayed with "not every expention needs a legendary" quote they said in early legion development.

Haven't gotten a legendary in 6 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toisha View Post
    I finally got to meet our lord and savior, Prydaz, yesterday. I'm not exactly stoked about this.
    It may not be the one you hoped for, and I wish you luck with whichever that is, but sit back and give Prydaz a chance. The pure stats on it are pretty impressive, and the bubble isn't useless. You might be surprised how many high-end guilds are taking advantage of several members using it during progression.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    How about you answer the question...
    Where have Blizz said that each legendary gets exponentially harder to get... I've not seen it.

From my own activities (not taking into account that some things give a higher chance than others) I get a legendary around every 300-400 loot chances on average, whether that be a boss kill, an emissary cache, a m+ chest or a bg win.
    The only time I've seen that this is different is now your first legendary comes pretty quickly after you hit 110.
    That might extend to your 2nd legendary too, I'm not sure, but after that everything I've seen the chance after that is linear.
    (at least after the BLP fix)

If each legendary was making the chance exponentially harder I would have seen some increase in the time until the next legendary drops.
    What I do each week is consistent (other than it increases slightly as new raids open) and the time in between legendaries for me is consistent.
    They have never stated that you spend longer and longer on each legendary. This is just a fact that the WoW population as a whole has figured out - you are amongst the very, VERY small minority if you've got 7 and get them regularly. It took me 2 months of doing everything every week to get my fifth on my hunter, and that included grinding 40-54 artifact traits in prep for nighthold. There's maybe two or three players in my guild where almost everyone is at 54 traits that has 6. I don't think *anyone* has 7, and we're fairly comfortable in the top 150 world, so most people put A LOT of effort in.

Keep in mind that it's not sure you would have seen an increase personally; Legendaries are still down to luck. Just because a month of doing stuff raises the chance from .01% to 1%, doesn't mean you can't get one after two weeks at .5% - you could even be lucky and get one the next day at 0.05%. That's why a single sample size will NEVER matter, statistically you're lucky as FUCK and don't even seem to realise it.

But keep in mind that we don't need Blizzard to tell us how the system works if we can observe and draw conclusions from HUGE sample sizes ourselves. I mean, it's not like some all-powerful being told us that gravity exists, but we still know that's a fact due to our own observations.

I've found it best for my overall enjoyment of the game to just play and trust they would come in their own time. That strat has worked for me. My main has 5; my alt has 2. I've never stressed over it. I raid with my guild twice a week and tank whatever keys they have, but very rarely pug anything. I do my emissary quests and used to tank daily H dungeons back when I still needed AP. I went as long as 5 weeks between legendary drops but once got 2 in 2 hours. Yet here I am, 5 months into the expansion, with 7 legendaries between my two toons. Considering they are supposed to be special, I feel that's a fair drop rate.

Took more than a month for most of us to obtain and max out legendary items in past expansions. Why should it go faster in Legion?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I've found it best for my overall enjoyment of the game to just play and trust they would come in their own time. That strat has worked for me. My main has 5; my alt has 2. I've never stressed over it. I raid with my guild twice a week and tank whatever keys they have, but very rarely pug anything. I do my emissary quests and used to tank daily H dungeons back when I still needed AP. I went as long as 5 weeks between legendary drops but once got 2 in 2 hours. Yet here I am, 5 months into the expansion, with 7 legendaries between my two toons. Considering they are supposed to be special, I feel that's a fair drop rate.

Took more than a month for most of us to obtain and max out legendary items in past expansions. Why should it go faster in Legion?

Mainly because spending weeks if not months between each legendary when they're directly tied to the performance of your character is asinine at best. Atleast with the previous legendaries, you had a way to farm them and a somewhat set timeframe ("OK, I need 10 more shadowfrost shards, and I get 7 per average per week - I'll likely get my shadowmourne next week!"). Now it's just all pure, blind luck. They even stated initially that there'd be ways to farm and "target" specific legendaries when they first proposed this system, but that just never happened - so now I, as a competitive DPS, am forced to lack 10% behind a player in similiar gear and of equal skill, because (s)he managed to luck out and get the two best DPS legendaries for the class, while I'm stuck wearing two of the worst. I was lucky enough to get one of the BIS ones *last friday*, before the major NH progression started for me, but suffice to say going in with Zevrim's and Magnetized blasting cap wasn't exactly going to do me any favors as a hunter.

Likewise, the fact that we're stuck playing one spec because legendaries available boosts our performance with more than class balance in general is dumb. Why am I getting punished for playing the best spec for the first half year of an expansion? I'll never get beast mastery legendaries, so I'll never be going BM, because that spec is SUPER reliant on the correct legendaries. I can farm artifact weapons up to equal power, but when I've got a 10% performance boost as MM from legendaries vs no legendaries, I'm sort of fucked if BM ever becomes the decidedly best spec - hunters who got the two BiS MM legendaries as their first can just switch loot spec, but I've got these choices:

1: Stick with MM and hope I get the second good legendary and ride it out.
    2: Switch to BM and hope I *don't* get one of the 4 bad ones available for the spec (prydaz, trinket, feign helm, aspect bracers) over one of the 3 good (shoulders/belt/ring). That's under 50%, and I'm going to need TWO BM legendaries. MM at least is down to about the same (3 bad, 2 good ones left).

And all of this on top of only getting a legendary once every month and a half on average because I'm over my 4-legendary "easymode" limit. That means 3 months to even get two shots at BM legendaries. So it SHOULD go faster in Legion, because instead of a single legendary with a confirmed timeframe that is only mildly reliant on RNG (even extreme outliers were AT WORST two weeks behind others), we've got TEN legendaries all 100% reliant on luck. And unlike in the past, the one legendary isn't for a single spec only, meaning you could still use your offspec; EVERYONE has legendaries now. In the past, it wasn't an issue if a druid went resto to heal, despite having Dragonwrath - there was no healer legendary, so he was on equal footing. NOW, a DPS going healer is behind by 2x legendaries straight off the bat. That's not good design. That's shoe horning people into a single spec and actively trying to punish us for branching out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    1: Stick with MM and hope I get the second good legendary and ride it out.
    2: Switch to BM and hope I *don't* get one of the 4 bad ones available for the spec (prydaz, trinket, feign helm, aspect bracers) over one of the 3 good (shoulders/belt/ring). That's under 50%, and I'm going to need TWO BM legendaries. MM at least is down to about the same (3 bad, 2 good ones left).
    Its even worse.

Even if you got good MMs ( like me:boots-belt) you cant just say "Fuck this..I put BM loot spec and I will switch IF I get the mantle-roar-ring" mostly because I still would need MM relics drops for progression.

So on top of everything "not-great"(I would stop at that) about the systems there's no way to set a loot spec and legendary loot spec that would help those lucky people satisfied with their legs switching specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing that they did not see / plan about the difficulty of switching specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    They have never stated that you spend longer and longer on each legendary. This is just a fact that the WoW population as a whole has figured out - you are amongst the very, VERY small minority if you've got 7 and get them regularly. It took me 2 months of doing everything every week to get my fifth on my hunter, and that included grinding 40-54 artifact traits in prep for nighthold. There's maybe two or three players in my guild where almost everyone is at 54 traits that has 6. I don't think *anyone* has 7, and we're fairly comfortable in the top 150 world, so most people put A LOT of effort in.

Keep in mind that it's not sure you would have seen an increase personally; Legendaries are still down to luck. Just because a month of doing stuff raises the chance from .01% to 1%, doesn't mean you can't get one after two weeks at .5% - you could even be lucky and get one the next day at 0.05%. That's why a single sample size will NEVER matter, statistically you're lucky as FUCK and don't even seem to realise it.
    I acknowledge I am probably very lucky, but I also do far more than most week in week out to maximize my chances.
    Most people tone down what they are doing once they get a couple and likely exaggerate the amount they are doing.
    I do everything available every week (+ regular pvp) and have done since launch, but don't do a huge amount of M+.
    I have MM at 54 traits, BM at 50, SV at 35, just as some sort of guideline (not that AP is a great indicator necessarily), I'm not someone who is just picking up legendarys from just doing emissary caches every day.

I agree though, the system is terrible.
    Even with the amount of legendaries I have, I don't feel like I can ever switch specs (and it kinda looked like we might need to in 7.1.5 at first). I'd need to finish grinding BM AP AND then go get 2 good BM legendaries before it would ever be worth switching...
    Untargetable legendaries are stupid and there are so many simple solutions to fix the problems with the insane RNG of it all.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2017-01-30 at 05:16 PM.

I think the biggest problem with the legendary system right now is that it punishes bad luck twice.

So the first punishment is obviously getting a bad legendary. Since Blizzard decided to make legendaries a mixed bag of situationally useful and always useful, some legendaries are better than others period. Take Guardian Druid, you either have the Thrash bracers or you don't, if you don't you're missing out on a substantial damage buff.

The second punishment is that every successive legendary seems to take about twice the effort as the previous on average. So not only did you get a shit legendary, but you've now dug yourself in a hole, and each shit legendary makes the hole larger and larger.

For some reason people place some value on the number of legendaries others have, when in fact the number you have beyond two is irrelevant. You can't use more than two. I would rather have only two good legendaries, than six shit ones because getting that seventh is going to take potentially months and months.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    I think the biggest problem with the legendary system right now is that it punishes bad luck twice.

So the first punishment is obviously getting a bad legendary. Since Blizzard decided to make legendaries a mixed bag of situationally useful and always useful, some legendaries are better than others period. Take Guardian Druid, you either have the Thrash bracers or you don't, if you don't you're missing out on a substantial damage buff.

The second punishment is that every successive legendary seems to take about twice the effort as the previous on average. So not only did you get a shit legendary, but you've now dug yourself in a hole, and each shit legendary makes the hole larger and larger.

For some reason people place some value on the number of legendaries others have, when in fact the number you have beyond two is irrelevant. You can't use more than two. I would rather have only two good legendaries, than six shit ones because getting that seventh is going to take potentially months and months.
    I totally agree

I have 4 of them and would trade 3 of them JUST for the BM shoulders right now. I have Sephuz, Pyrdaz, Healing Pants, and MM wrists when I was MM spec in EN. Decided to just go BM in NH since I didnt have any real MM legendaries for raiding. But you look at my list and its like WTF. I have 3 NON SPEC related ones out of 4...F me

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    Would deleting a rubbish legendary reset your chances?