Deleted

SPriest 7.1.5 PvP No Voidform

I've been playing around with the no voidform build recently and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. It feels a lot more like WOTLK SPriest. For anyone who doesn't know its this build:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/shadow/cIDM
    http://www.wowhead.com/honor-calc/priest/shadow/Jv0

Some of the talents are more preference than anything, but the jist of it is you get 100 insanity, speed boost with mania, damage boost with edge of insanity, misery for easy multidotting and mind bomb + shadow crash for big burst aoe on stacked targets without compromising positioning. Fleeting embrace provides huge heals if you have enough dots up.

Has anyone else tried this out? So far I've just been using it in random bg's and RBG's and I can easily compete with Boomkins for damage done and by timing my burst right I'm usually around the top 3 for kills. From what I understand voidform build is better for 3's but I've not done much arena this season to proper test them both against each other. I know the recent nerfs effected this build. I'm just wondering has anyone else tried it out? How are you finding it? Any suggestions you would make to the build? Sanlayin/shadowy insight is one discussion point for talent selection, I prefer the more constant heals + constant extra damage myself.

Deleted
    Might be fun in random bgs with void ray and psyfiend but no form priest is a slow caster af, and without ros and swd/silence combo hf killing anything that heals.... nop. At the current state you can be in VF quite often. Tis a bad pvp talent imho.

If you're never in Void Form then why take Mania?
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    If you're never in Void Form then why take Mania?
    That's the reason why, you'll always be at 100% haste. Perma 33% speed boost.

same i love it , great playstyle gg

Quote Originally Posted by Riotcat View Post
    That's the reason why, you'll always be at 100% haste. Perma 33% speed boost.
    NVM Brain Fart. I was thinking Mania was 1% speed boost per 3 ticks of Void Form. And I think you mean you'll always be at 100% insanity.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haha yep. I derped there too. Score is 1-1 now.

Deleted
    Hmm, if i correctly understand that build, you are doing 30% more dmg from the moment you get to 100 insanity and for as as long you stay alive after it, because as i know Insanity doesn't drop out of Voidform, right??? Of course it sounds much better than Voidform which only last for a couple of seconds if not getting CCed, interrupted, silenced etc. You only lose one weak instant cast for a duration of Insanity and one artifact base spell?
    This talent looks amazing for BGs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    because as i know Insanity doesn't drop out of Voidform, right???
    It does decay when you're not in combat, but very slowly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matildah View Post
    It does decay when you're not in combat, but very slowly.
    Yeah pretty much this, by the team you leave one team fight and join the next you're only about 1-2 casts off 100 insanity again. Its a pretty fun playstyle imo and works well in RBG's. If I'm running any RBG's soon I'll record it and upload it so people can have a look. It started out as a fun gimmicky build but its actually pretty effective in larger fights.

It takes 30 seconds for insanity drain to start. You could conceivably keep it at 100% by Shadow Crashing the empty air every 30 seconds if you wanted.

Hmm, if i correctly understand that build, you are doing 30% more dmg from the moment you get to 100 insanity and for as as long you stay alive after it, because as i know Insanity doesn't drop out of Voidform, right??? Of course it sounds much better than Voidform which only last for a couple of seconds if not getting CCed, interrupted, silenced etc. You only lose one weak instant cast for a duration of Insanity and one artifact base spell?
    You also lose the golden trait that increases dot damage every second you're in void form, and you lose lingering insanity. Seeing how spriests are rot, 20-25% extra haste and 30-40% extra dot damage is kind of a big loss

For random BG's, you may be better off just dotting everything on the map and hitting void form.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Wow, this is looks like a very interesting BG build to try out on my priest :O. Kudos to you for the creativity!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    Seeing how spriests are rot, 20-25% extra haste and 30-40% extra dot damage is kind of a big loss
    You get 30% damage from Edge of Insanity, wowhead.com/spell=199408, which will be active pretty much 95% of the time.

I have tried this build for a few days now, and I must say that I enjoy the playstyle very much. It reminds me of the tanky shadowpriesting we did back in Vanilla, but instead of melting faces we're DOT:ing them to death. To clarify: the idea behind this build is that with enough VT's out (accompanied by SWP) you will be self-healing by quite much, and with the 133% run speed (from Mania) you will be very hard to catch - if they manage to snare you, pop Dispersion - and when you're low on health, pop VE. Survivability increases very much this way, which is key if you want to be anything else than free honor for the opposing team.

By having so many (long lasting) DOT's out, we're putting a lot of pressure on enemy healers who will not have time to focus on their own health. When they drop below 75% hp, switch to them and Psyfiend+Shadowcrash+MB+Mindbomb+MF (save silence if they trinket Mindbomb) and they should be very dead.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, I don't entierly disagree with you, but you simplified it a bit too much imo.

The 30% more damage at all times, while void form is 25% more damage (with lotv) during Void Forms, which essentially can be started "when needed". In addition you lose a ton of haste, and you'll miss out on 3 artifact perks (The major one being increased damage on dots for the duration of your voidform), where as 2 are golden.

In addition, it will reduce your defensives, due to dots not hitting as hard as while in Void Form (Vampiric Touch healing), and you'll miss out on Void Bolt AND Void Torrent, which are both great sources of damage.. Especially Void Bolt since you can cast it while kiting away.

This means that you get slightly better constant rot and passive movement speed at the expense of any and all burst, as well as the defensive perks as mentioned above.

Not saying Edge is not viable, especially in BGs (it is even a somewhat fun playstyle), but just saying "it sounds much better than voidform" is a bit misleading.

Tried this build a couple of weeks ago and gave up. Pulls out less damage overall and less burst. Less self healing. Mania is kinda fun tho. Build is interesting but the standard build is still ahead in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by matildah View Post
    You get 30% damage from Edge of Insanity, wowhead.com/spell=199408, which will be active pretty much 95% of the time.

I have tried this build for a few days now, and I must say that I enjoy the playstyle very much. It reminds me of the tanky shadowpriesting we did back in Vanilla, but instead of melting faces we're DOT:ing them to death. To clarify: the idea behind this build is that with enough VT's out (accompanied by SWP) you will be self-healing by quite much, and with the 133% run speed (from Mania) you will be very hard to catch - if they manage to snare you, pop Dispersion - and when you're low on health, pop VE. Survivability increases very much this way, which is key if you want to be anything else than free honor for the opposing team.

By having so many (long lasting) DOT's out, we're putting a lot of pressure on enemy healers who will not have time to focus on their own health. When they drop below 75% hp, switch to them and Psyfiend+Shadowcrash+MB+Mindbomb+MF (save silence if they trinket Mindbomb) and they should be very dead.
    I'm talking about the golden trait from your artifact, which stacks with your 30% insanity damage boost. Its only active during void form.
    Keep in mind void form already has extremely high uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Deleted
    I've tried it in random BG, we still can barely do anything with meele train...