Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Was asked to sit for the first time ever

I have 2 non DPS legendaries, we cleared normal NH. I was not bottom of the meters but was in the bottom 25%.

Now lets be clear I was a touch undergeared compared to the raid but normally I can still keep up through play even if undergeared. But I have to admit it was very frustrating being held back by not having 2 good dps leggos.

Now I am falling behind more since I'll have to find a new group to run NH with since my 400k'ish dps isn't good enough for heroic with the current group.

Anyone else feel the frustration of getting non dps leggos? I'm sure it probably feels great to have the 2 best ones and beat everyone else though too.

If you are getting benched for normal nighthold it's probably not because of your legendaries are bad but because you are a terrible player.

Deleted
    Legendary system is bullshit and blizzard will NEVER use this again.
    I feel for you, because I have it the same way. On the 4 chars I play I only get utility legendaries.
    #FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If you are getting benched for normal nighthold it's probably not because of your legendaries are bad but because you are a terrible player.
    I'd have to agree with this. The Legendaries only make up a small % of your DPS. People have it in their heads tha you'll go from a 400K player to a 600K player just from 2 Legendaries. Bad is bad. If your guild feels the need to sit a 400K player from Normal or Heroic, they're a bad guild too.

Deleted
    I was using a healing legendary item up until a few days ago as I couldn't equip a 2nd yet, yet my DPS was still great (Ele Shaman). Don't use not having 2 legendary items as an excuse for not preforming well. If you're doing normal mode chances are you don't have a guild full of 890 ilvl players so the difference in gear shouldn't be so large that you get benched. Just learn your class better and stop making excuses.

If you got benched in normal NH there is no way it was because of not having "good" legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I have 2 non DPS legendaries, we cleared normal NH. I was not bottom of the meters but was in the bottom 25%.

Now lets be clear I was a touch undergeared compared to the raid but normally I can still keep up through play even if undergeared. But I have to admit it was very frustrating being held back by not having 2 good dps leggos.

Now I am falling behind more since I'll have to find a new group to run NH with since my 400k'ish dps isn't good enough for heroic with the current group.

Anyone else feel the frustration of getting non dps leggos? I'm sure it probably feels great to have the 2 best ones and beat everyone else though too.
    Whut? Benched in Normal? ..uhh this hurts my head...
    So if what you write is true and you're not total shitshow of a player - my advice would be to look for a new guild, because whoever benched you isn't completely right in their head.

Benched in Normal. For not having BiS legendaries. If it wasn't so sad, I'd be laughing my ass off.

Edit: Update, Actually I'm laughing my ass off

You must be really bad, no offense. Perhaps use this down time to research how you can do better

I agree that the legendary system is terrible, but there are no legendaries that will turn a 400k dps player into a 600k dps player. As far as I'm aware all of the extreme outliers (Subtlety boots, Havoc ring, Boomkin helmet) were nerfed to be much less powerful.

Regardless, there aren't any hard DPS checks in normal Nighthold. Were you doing mechanics properly?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../15250728/11/#

If this is you (which based on your post history it seems to be) then it clearly isn't a legendary problem.

If your guild has their logs where you did 400k set to private for some reason, then too bad. But as it looks now, your dps isn't very good in the normal NH clear you were a part of. If you posted in the warrior forum in an effort to get better, then plenty of people (including myself) would be willing to help you. But by posting here, you're just gonna annoy us.

While it is true that some legendaries can provide significant dps boosts (warrior helm for instance), it's no excuse to use them as a scapegoat for improper play.
    Last edited by SwiftExE; 2017-01-31 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    400k single target is more then enough for heroic nighthold, if everyone in your raid in fact does that.

So if you are benched it probably has other reasons. I donät know you, but in my experience people who blame "the system" (in your case not getting legendaries) are difficult to work with. They often do not aknowledge own shortcomings and think they are the king, but only victims of circumstances. Maybe its your movement, your handling of mechanics, your attitude or a combination of all those things.

In NH, doing mechanics right is actually important. Eating cake at trilliax, handling the debuffs at aluriel correctly, running far away with the bomb at krosus, not infecting the raid with the plague at tichondrius and so on. If I saw someone struggling with that on normal, I'd probably bench him on heroic, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you get bench for normal or hero it's most likely not cause of your legendary... 1st 400k dps on St is good enough for at least 6-7 hero boss even probably 10/10 if you play encounter perfectly and in hero parssing very high is not really important.

I suggest you find a guild with a RL that is not a retard who thinks they need every one at 600k dps to clear hero by Brut forcing every boss.

Also yes the legendary system is pure crap, but it's not the reason why some people cannot find grp or clear content.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2017-01-31 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    I agree that the legendary system is terrible, but there are no legendaries that will turn a 400k dps player into a 600k dps player. As far as I'm aware all of the extreme outliers (Subtlety boots, Havoc ring, Boomkin helmet) were nerfed to be much less powerful.

Regardless, there aren't any hard DPS checks in normal Nighthold. Were you doing mechanics properly?
    having IFE & ED combined as a balanced druid (our 2 BIS), is about a 12.8% increase in sims on a 400k Target patchwerk fight. aka 51200 dps increase,
    used to give us about a 38% damage increase,

people like OP need to realise. DPS LEGGOS ARE A 4-5% dps increase each, some combined give more of a benifit.

if your doing 400k dps you should be fine for normals, but i think @op is confusing 400k with 40k by the sounds of it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Give us logs for the tries that you were benched for. But yeah, its either raid leader being out of his mind or you being absolutely horrible.

Was just about to ask for logs. I've got you at 178k on Guldan and 248 on magistrix. 6 and 25 percentile. I'd be a carry on heroic. Are those logs posted above correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post

I know it's a tank item, but the Prot Warrior gloves are a 10-15% DPS gain. Don't think there's a DPS class with a legendary that strong right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftExE View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../11/#boss=1849

If this is you (which based on your post history it seems to be) then it clearly isn't a legendary problem. If your guild has their logs set to private for some reason, then too bad. But if you link us a recent personal log from Nighthold with your 400k+ deeps, then we can help you. You certainly shouldn't be getting benched for that in normal nighthold. While it is true that some legendaries can provide significant dps boosts, it's no excuse to use them as a scapegoat for improper play.
    If that's his logs, his guild failed on star augur because they were 5-healing it with every healer near 40% overheal. Drop a healer, probably even 2, and he's easily dead. The fury warrior in those logs is doin 380kish at like 870-875 or somethin ilvl for single target

Link logs. You're not telling us something.

I pretty much have the same feeling as others. If you're getting sat on normal, it's not because of being legendary-less.

You got benched because you're fucking awful, not because of a lack of good legendaries.