10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even if you take the Joy Cons off you are not putting The Switch in your pocket, unless you got some big ass pockets. Its the size of a basic tablet.

You risk breaking it trying to carry it in ur pocket.

Just on the last page you can see its wider then a 3DS XL and even that thing isn't really pocket friendly. If anyone does do it, I hope they get a really good screen protector.
    The Switch without Joycons is not much larger than the N3DSXL. I can fit my iPhone 6s with a lifeproof case and my XL in the same pocket with about 1-1.5" room to spare in a regular pair of wrangler jeans. Not saying I'm going to carry the Switch around in my pocket when I'm at work, but it is doable in an average pair of pants.

Here's a real picture comparing the 3 http://i.imgur.com/ktSzPAA.jpg
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 2017-01-31 at 05:36 PM.

in my pockets sometimes my 3ds xl even gets turned sideways. theres plenty of room in most pants unless you wear skinny jeans in which case the pockets are pretty much just for show anyways
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in my pockets sometimes my 3ds xl even gets turned sideways. theres plenty of room in most pants unless you wear skinny jeans in which case the pockets are pretty much just for show anyways
    I have big pockets and all but...how fucking big are your pockets, dude? Do you wear like, Kevin Smith style jorts around all the time? Cargo pants with the big baggy pockets on the sides?

Just no ... dragging that thing around in your pokets is a no go..

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I have big pockets and all but...how fucking big are your pockets, dude? Do you wear like, Kevin Smith style jorts around all the time? Cargo pants with the big baggy pockets on the sides?
    Hey comfy is comfy bro. I ain't wearing no skinny jeans and breaking my donger just to be hip and emo
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Even if you take the Joy Cons off you are not putting The Switch in your pocket, unless you got some big ass pockets. Its the size of a basic tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Hey comfy is comfy bro. I ain't wearing no skinny jeans and breaking my donger just to be hip and emo
    I don't wear skinny jeans (totes gross), mine are actually pretty loose/baggy. Hence my confusion. I can fit my 3DS XL in my back pocket fine, but it would be incredibly awkward in my front pockets, and like hell do I want to leave something like that in my back pocket.

I can't imagine how it could go sideways and still fit in your pockets though, unless you wear absolutely massive pants. Again, Kevin Smith-esque jorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Even without the Joycons it would still stick way out of the pocket, which for me at least is a big no-go. At least my XL can almost entirely fit in my back pocket if I need to make a short trip somewhere and don't want to carry it. But again, I wouldn't leave my XL back there for long, and especially not in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Nintendo is going to ship more than 2m units in March now. They are increasing production.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't wear skinny jeans (totes gross), mine are actually pretty loose/baggy. Hence my confusion. I can fit my 3DS XL in my back pocket fine, but it would be incredibly awkward in my front pockets, and like hell do I want to leave something like that in my back pocket.

I can't imagine how it could go sideways and still fit in your pockets though, unless you wear absolutely massive pants. Again, Kevin Smith-esque jorts.

Even without the Joycons it would still stick way out of the pocket, which for me at least is a big no-go. At least my XL can almost entirely fit in my back pocket if I need to make a short trip somewhere and don't want to carry it. But again, I wouldn't leave my XL back there for long, and especially not in public.
    Only time I don't wear pants like that is when I'm wearing my dress pants

- - - Updated - - -

Also. I always take my 3ds out whenever I sit down so I don't mess up the screen

- - - Updated - - -

Also. I always take my 3ds out whenever I sit down so I don't mess up the screen

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So Nintendo is going to ship more than 2m units in March now. They are increasing production.
    Excellent news. Here is the forbes article about it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#7b13bf8878ab
    Nintendo has announced today that it’s ending production of the Wii U in Japan, which officially draws the era of that console to a close. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the last game made for the system, which will not see future production or releases the way you sometimes see last-generation consoles bleed into the new.
    With this news comes confirmation during Nintendo's earnings report (via WSJ’s Takashi Mochizuki) that Nintendo’s President Tatsumi Kimishima has said that the company will be increasing production of the Switch before launch, and that pre-order sales are looking good so far.
    The Switch has been sold out at most retailers since a week or so after it was officially available. I managed to snag my own at GameStop, a bundle for $500 that includes practically every launch game from 1-2-Switch to Zelda, but even those pricier ones are gone now. A new supply of Switches would ensure an even stronger launch for the console, and would help make Reggie Fils-Aime’s promise that the Switch would not suffer from NES Classic Edition-type supply issues come true.

The Nintendo Switch launch is a unique experiment in the sense that it is not debuting during the holiday season, which is when we see the releases of new consoles probably 95% of the time. While I wondered if this was a good idea after I first heard it, I’m starting to think it’s actually a pretty solid plan, and not just because Nintendo definitely wants to get a new console out before their fiscal year ends.

By launching in March, they’re not competing with something like the Xbox Scorpio, which will be due out this holiday, but they’re not competing with any other console really, given that there’s no scramble to pick up and Xbox or PlayStation or even an iPad for the Christmas season. They have the window of time all to themselves. And not only that, by the time the holiday does roll around, if they can stick to their proposed release time table, they arrive with a pretty robust selection of games from Zelda to Splatoon 2 to Mario Odyssey to Xenoblade. Not a bad position to be in at all.
    Supply issues remain a concern. If Nintendo isn’t able to make enough Switch consoles for this initially launch window, it will frustrate many like what we saw with the NES this past winter. But for a new product like this, it’s also not uncommon for there to be sellouts and scarcity during this time. We saw the same thing happen with the Wii U for a time after launch, and obviously with the Wii before that for an even longer period.
    I would expect retailers to start making announcements of new stock of Switches over the next few weeks as Nintendo cranks out more of them before launch. Hopefully we’ll hear something more concrete about production soon, but with the Wii U completely gone and Nintendo’s focus only on the Switch (and 3DS) going forward, hopefully they’re in a better spot for supply to meet demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Excellent news. Here is the forbes article about it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#7b13bf8878ab
    Thank you. Couldn't remember where I saw it. Saw it on Twitter this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty official that Switch has a better launch lineup than 3ds by now. Snipperclips looks hype, just hopints its 30 $ or under.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can barely fit my Galaxy S7 into my pocket.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thank you. Couldn't remember where I saw it. Saw it on Twitter this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty official that Switch has a better launch lineup than 3ds by now. Snipperclips looks hype, just hopints its 30 $ or under.
    My girlfriend, who has no interest in video games what so ever demanded last night that I buy that game upon running into the treehouse live event showcasing it on youtube. Its a good sign.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone claiming this thing is portable to the point of putting it in your pocket, then talking about how you can still fit an animal in your pocket with a 3ds closed up in it, is fraking embellishing to the nth degree. Just stop. The switch is gigantic and not pocket portable. It's tablet 'portable', meaning you will need a case and a bag, otherwise you will constantly have a large object in your hand.
    BAD WOLF

The Switch is also thick as fuck for a tablet. It looks thin compared to the Wii U game pad, but it's near double the thickness of your average tablet these days and way thicker then phones. Hell, I think it might be slightly thicker then the OG Vita which was pretty damn thick itself.

Put the damn thing in a case and then in your carrying bag like you should all tablets/handheld.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feels fucking weird it's only 4 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Anyone claiming this thing is portable to the point of putting it in your pocket, then talking about how you can still fit an animal in your pocket with a 3ds closed up in it, is fraking embellishing to the nth degree. Just stop. The switch is gigantic and not pocket portable. It's tablet 'portable', meaning you will need a case and a bag, otherwise you will constantly have a large object in your hand.
    To add to this the screen in The Switch is exposed unlike the 3DS systems. Moving it in and out of your pocket you will risk scratching the screen up.

If a person gives no shits about taring there new $300 system up then ya its pocket portable. But realistically no it isn't.

Also "you" must have some big ass pockets for it to fit. Like I said early'er the 3DS XL barely fits and this is slightly bigger without the Joy Cons.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-01 at 01:15 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

why are you all concerned about putting a tablet in your pocket

what
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    why are you all concerned about putting a tablet in your pocket

what
    I'm not to be honest. Just saying its not going to be a mobile item that fits in your pocket. You can barely do it with the 3DS XL and with this you risk fucking up the screen.

Anyone buying it in the hope they can do that will be disappointed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Feels fucking weird it's only 4 weeks away.
    Speak for yourself, the wait is killing me. Doesn't help that I'm running every other fucking day. At least the release day is visible on my calendar app now.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.