Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Republican President proposed and signed it. Democratic House with passed it with a strong minority of Republicans supporting. Bipartisan Senate support.
    You mean Bush, a guy widely despised by Republicans at the time and even to this day.

As for the Bi-Partisan support, yeah it bit everyone in the ass: Republicans faced an insurrection in their party while Democrats got annihilated on a state, house, senate and gubernatorial level.

I think Dems are in a crisis of leadership. Trump is out smarting them at every turn. It will be hard for anyone to vote Dem after watching this clown show.

They actually rolled out Pelosi today. She was totally babbling, almost incoherent. Is that their leader? If not, who is?

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Don't assume the world saw Clinton as a better choice. A lot of people in the world looked at her in very negative light. They did the same with Trump.
    To be honest... Sanders would have been the perfect choice for everyone. He would have brought balance. A good percentage of Republicans were considering him. Once Hillary snaked her way in, all was lost for America. Sanders was literally our last hope for a sane world.

I guess sanity was never Americas thing anyways. I hate my country
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

You mean Bush, a guy widely despised by Republicans at the time and even to this day.

As for the Bi-Partisan support, yeah it bit everyone in the ass: Republicans faced an insurrection in their party while Democrats got annihilated on a state, house, senate and gubernatorial level.
    I don't give a shit about your goal post shifting. You tried to act like a bipartisan bill was the Democrat's doing and that is flat out bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think Dems are in a crisis of leadership. Trump is out smarting them at every turn. It will be hard for anyone to vote Dem after watching this clown show.

They actually rolled out Pelosi today. She was totally babbling, almost incoherent. Is that their leader? If not, who is?
    I mean.....Trump seems to think Frederick Douglas is still alive and couldn't find a man who was sitting opposite him at a table. Glass houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    #buttheydiditfirst!!!

Good to see Democrats being the bigger Men here.
    What tangible value is there in being the bigger man? I don't care about ego, I care about the people whose lives are on the line. They matter more.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not really. As far as winning the EC vote and just getting power all you need to do is do exactly what the Republicans did for 8 years. Spread lies and disinformation and then when the next election comes around swoop it all up. Popularity is not required to hold power in this country.

Before you righties get your panties in a twist I'm not saying that's what they should do but if that's the route Democrats want to take it has been shown to be very effective.
    Exactly. Stirring up the crazy left also gets everyone else riled up and out working. Dems have a LOT of work to do before they can take back the House/Senate in 2018 - and they are getting plenty of money to help out (the ACLU got 4x times their annual online donations in one weekend, lol).

They are going to use the same playbook the GOP did in 2009. And it will more than likely work wonders considering how absolutely batshit crazy the GOP is right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    So when will Trump dissolve the Senate? Is that this week or next?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So when will Trump dissolve the Senate? Is that this week or next?
    After the Death Star is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They are going to use the same playbook the GOP did in 2009. And it will more than likely work wonders considering how absolutely batshit crazy the GOP is right now.
    When was the GOP not batshit crazy? ... I don't remember a time in my lifetime, where I did not feel like everything Republicans wanted to do, was wrong and immoral in every sense of the word. They are basically the party of Ruin. Everything they touch is destroyed, and causes misery and strife in America, and the world.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Amazing ability to say that without the slightest hint at irony...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    After the Death Star is complete.
    Lord Bannon already culled the jedi (national security) council while everyone was panicking about the Muslim ban.

So, I guess the death star is this week, and the empire begins next week then?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    When was the GOP not batshit crazy? ... I don't remember a time in my lifetime, where I did not feel like everything Republicans wanted to do, was wrong and immoral in every sense of the word. They are basically the party of Ruin. Everything they touch is destroyed, and causes misery and strife in America, and the world.
    Before the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act the Republicans were the sane party, but the parties switched sides as the crazy Democrats jumped ship to join the Republican party and drag them down to the depths of insanity.

I was really hoping that the Republicans wouldn't end up doing this. It's contrary to every damned thing a democracy should be: Actual debate and discussion not crazy obstructionism.
    Republicans have done nothing but obstructionism for 8 year straight.

The republican politicians are up there saying "They should work for us, I've never seen anything like this, blah blah blah" more stupid shit along those lines after they spent a full year blocking a supreme court appointment just because they could.

Let me tell you right now Democrats growing a spine and fighting for the people against the insane horse shit Trump and the republicans are orchestrating right now is not going to back fire. It's what people want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really sick of the dirty politics that go behind closed doors. Side deals here, blackmail there, ... obstruction, filibustering ... the worst of House of Cards has been taking place in the US Government for over 50 years.

Our government is full of a rich old farts who have no grasp on the realities of the average working man or women. Time to retire ... or better yet just die already.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-02-01 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    I just saw an article claiming republicans plan to do away with the EPA before 2018 (the midterms) as though they already know they are going to lose congress. They have never been this bad. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, I'd like to point out the irony of complaining about opposition in the first few weeks of a Presidency, when the Republicans have essentially been refusing to play ball for the last 8 years, for the most part. Remember when they refused to even consider Garland for the SCOTUS position, even though Garland was a moderate who'd been lauded by both political sides during his career?

Frankly, if the Democrats didn't return in kind, that would be a losing strategy. This isn't about winning in the short term, it's about doing everything you can to oppose the rubber-stamp behaviour and bring the Republicans towards the middle, where something can actually get done. "Compromise" doesn't mean you get your way. It means NEITHER of you get your way. You get a solution you're both equally unhappy with.

Complaining when you try to push a highly partisan agenda and don't get support from the opposition is ridiculous. You want their support? Compromise.*
    you are woefully ignoring reality

there are 10 seats held by democrats up for reelection in states won by Trump. Do you think the majority of voters in those states want the democrat senators from those states obstruct the agenda they voted for?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let me tell you right now Democrats growing a spine and fighting for the people against the insane horse shit Trump and the republicans are orchestrating right now is not going to back fire. It's what people want.
    The people approve of Trump's "crazy actions". Take for instance the travel ban.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15F2MG

The Reuters/Ipsos poll found that 49 percent of Americans agreed with the order and 41 percent disagreed. Some 53 percent of Democrats said they "strongly disagree" with Trump's action while 51 percent of Republicans said they "strongly agree."
    So 8% more approve of the ban then disapprove, and that was the most radical action Trump took. Trump hasn't lost a single person that voted for him and if you think you're going to defeat him with a few protesters guess again. Democrats won't get the minority turnout in midterms to handle this.

The people approve of Trump's "crazy actions". Take for instance the travel ban.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15F2MG

So 8% more approve of the ban then disapprove, and that was the most radical action Trump took. Trump hasn't lost a single person that voted for him and if you think you're going to defeat him with a few protesters guess again. Democrats won't get the minority turnout in midterms to handle this.
    If Trump showed me anything, it was to highly question polls.

Deleted
    Trump won because the Republican candidates were quite frankly terrible. I mean seriously who wants to vote for Rubio or Jeb!. They offer nothing! Hell the most reasonable person was Kasich...but he's just so dull.

Don't assume the world saw Clinton as a better choice. A lot of people in the world looked at her in very negative light. They did the same with Trump.
    Not really, only the not so bright Americans took things about Hillary far too serious.

An e-mail problem vs a complete and utter nuttjob with no moral guiding? Gee I wonder, what's worse.

Oh in before you say Pay to Play, just like any president has done and what Trump is doing now.

Pay to Play on embassy positions is fairly unimportant as you just have to represent your country and listen to what your team says.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I am really sick of the dirty politics that go behind closed doors. Side deals here, blackmail there, ... obstruction, filibustering ... the worst of House of Cards has been taking place in the US Government for over 50 years.

Our government is full of a rich old farts who have no grasp on the realities of the average working man or women. Time to retire ... or better yet just die already.
    Filibustering is dirty politics?