Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a thought:

The Trump administration (particularly Bannon, who has a lot of experience with news) is feeding American media falsehoods under the guise of 'anonymous White House correspondents', knowing that the media will readily take the bait in the current climate of hysteria only to inevitably be proven wrong, thus losing the trust of the public, which shifts to favor direct White House releases of information.

Trump's not smart enough to come up with something like this, but I think Bannon is. This would give the administration a lot of power over information flow surrounding government.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2017-02-02 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Why mexico's presidents polls are in the shitter. His resistance to Trump is the only thing making his numbers rise in the polls and the only way his party is going to survive the next election. It would be in every conceivable instance a best interest case in reporting he did.
    Unless he has a transcript showing he put Trump in his place it would be a major negative not a positive, besides you are missing the fact that despite his flaws he wants a deal with Trump. He is very pragmatic if not foolish he even invited Trump to Mexico before he won to his own detriment.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Unless he has a transcript showing he put Trump in his place it would be a major negative not a positive, besides you are missing the fact that despite his flaws he wants a deal with Trump. He is very pragmatic if not foolish he even invited Trump to Mexico before he won to his own detriment.
    Doesn't change the fact he could have stated exactly that. Donald Trump is the great uniter of Mexico atm lol. Instead he passed. Not sure why you find that effects his credibility. I have no doubt he wants to a deal with Trump, changes to Nafta and a buffet of taxs on mexican imports will be far more damaging to Mexico then to the US.

Doesn't change the fact he could have stated exactly that. Donald Trump is the great uniter of Mexico atm lol. Instead he passed. Not sure why you find that effects his credibility. I have no doubt he wants to a deal with Trump, changes to Nafta and a buffet of taxs on mexican imports will be far more damaging to Mexico then to the US.
    Yes but Donald Trump is unifying Mexico against him

As for import taxes they will not damage Mexico at all, we import a lot of goods from Mexico that we cannot produce or can't produce enough of for our population. The tax will hurt regular Americans the most since they use a lot of imported goods. Trade deals are complex entities that need to be modified with careful consideration not a hammer like Trump is doing. The Trump team seems to be signaling that currency would make up for any import tax but that doesn't make any sense at all.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes but Donald Trump is unifying Mexico against him

As for import taxes they will not damage Mexico at all, we import a lot of goods from Mexico that we cannot produce or can't produce enough of for our population. The tax will hurt regular Americans the most since they use a lot of imported goods. Trade deals are complex entities that need to be modified with careful consideration not a hammer like Trump is doing. The Trump team seems to be signaling that currency would make up for any import tax but that doesn't make any sense at all.
    Vehicles: US$90.4 billion (23.7% of total exports)
    Electronic equipment: $81.2 billion (21.3%)
    Machines, engines, pumps: $58.9 billion (15.5%)
    Oil: $22.8 billion (6%)
    Medical, technical equipment: $15.2 billion (4%)
    Furniture, lighting, signs: $9.9 billion (2.6%)
    Plastics: $8.3 billion (2.2%)
    Gems, precious metals, coins: $7.1 billion (1.9%)
    Iron or steel products: $5.7 billion (1.5%)
    Vegetables: $5.6 billion (1.5%)

Within a year, everyone of those top 10 exports can be made here. Many already are.

President was tanking in the polls UNTIL Trump announced the wall. People are now rallying behind their president because of the stance he's taken with Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mexican Government must be fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    What more than likely happened was Trump was doing his usual "big bad 'boss'" routine when someone heard that sentence and took it out of context. When it came out both sides took to damage control and denied it ever happened. Mexico denies it because that's what a professional politician does. The White House denies it because this story leads more credence to their "fake news" tripe.
    I was listening to a political commentator talk about how world leaders argue all the time, we just never hear about it. Margaret Thatcher and Reagan apparently had shouting matches, for example. It didn't come out until much later, of course.

I don't know how true this is that world leaders do this in general, but I really am inclined to believe it.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-03 at 12:18 AM.

Vehicles: US$90.4 billion (23.7% of total exports)
    Electronic equipment: $81.2 billion (21.3%)
    Machines, engines, pumps: $58.9 billion (15.5%)
    Oil: $22.8 billion (6%)
    Medical, technical equipment: $15.2 billion (4%)
    Furniture, lighting, signs: $9.9 billion (2.6%)
    Plastics: $8.3 billion (2.2%)
    Gems, precious metals, coins: $7.1 billion (1.9%)
    Iron or steel products: $5.7 billion (1.5%)
    Vegetables: $5.6 billion (1.5%)

Within a year, everyone of those top 10 exports can be made here. Many already are.

President was tanking in the polls UNTIL Trump announced the wall. People are now rallying behind their president because of the stance he's taken with Trump.
    roflmao if they are not being made here due to labor cost why would they move back? they will simply go to southeast Asia where labor is even cheaper or speed up automation. The Mexican president's poll numbers are in the teens, they are rallying but not behind him not showing up to the meeting may have given him a slight bump.

Also your list is flawed vegetables for example a lot of them cannot be grown here due to weather or lack of manpower, Mexico has a agricultural deficit with the US not the other way around. That's why as I said before trade is complicated not simply black and white as Trump would have you believe.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-02-03 at 12:30 AM.

If you admit you got pushed around by a bully like Trump, you only make yourself out to look weak and you open yourself up to being abused by other bullies.

Schoolyard bullying works the same at the national level.

Sadly, by that logic, Trump's just *asking* for a violent response to one of his national threats. "Find the biggest bully and beat the !@#$ out of them, and noone will pick on you."

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    roflmao if they are not being made here due to labor cost why would they move back? they will simply go to southeast Asia where labor is even cheaper or speed up automation. The Mexican president's poll numbers are in the teens, they are rallying but not behind him not showing up to the meeting may have given him a slight bump.
    I'm glad you are easily entertained! Pretty sure deregulation, tax cuts, plus NAFTA renegotiation might change their minds or at the very least peak their curiosity. I wasn't suggesting that they would move back here but you are right they could go to south east asia. I was suggesting that the only market monopoly mexico has is the production of illicit drugs lol, and I mean if we legalized it here, they would really be in trouble. Everything mexico exports to America, we can make here. Any combination of those tax cuts, deregulation, and NAFTA renegotiation could also stir up US entrepreneurs to open up shop .Either way, my point stands. Mexico has far more to lose then to gain.
    Last edited by Stacyrect; 2017-02-03 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    The left has fake news.
    The right has fake news.

Not even worth watching or reading anything.
    A normal citizen can not tell what is what.
    i think the tipoff would have been the source of this news. And this whole fake news thing is a tad missleading, a good 90% of whats labeled as fake news is just idiots new sites reporting shit without vetting sources, wanting to get the jump on the fresh new area of drama, and it turns out thier source was lying the whole time, we have had that for years, but the news sites used to give a shit about vetting a story or a source, now they just take anything and run with it. the other 10% is the news purposely misleading people.

I'm glad you are easily entertained! Pretty sure deregulation, tax cuts, plus NAFTA renegotiation might change their minds or at the very least peak their curiosity. I wasn't suggesting that they would move back here but you are right they could go to south east asia. I was suggesting that the only market monopoly mexico has is the production of illicit drugs lol, and I mean if we legalized it here, they would really be in trouble. Everything mexico exports to America, we can make here. Any combination of those tax cuts, deregulation, and NAFTA renegotiation could also stir up US entrepreneurs to open up shop .Either way, my point stands. Mexico has far more to lose then to gain.
    Please tell me how you are going to renegotiate and tax cut things we cannot make either due to weather, lack of manpower or inability to produce enough. Also you are basically advocating for corporate welfare to get minimum wage jobs back, are you serious?

Yes Mexico has more to lose but we won't get out of this unharmed especially regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Who exactly would like Trump to threaten to invade them? Probably any country that hates Trump. I'm sure the Dems would love if Trump threatened to invade Mexico or France or Germany, that just moves him 1 step closer to being impeached.
    No who as in what countries are just waiting for Trump to want to invade Mexico. And what would they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No who as in what countries are just waiting for Trump to want to invade Mexico. And what would they do?
    Sorry, I didn't mean anyone is waiting for the US to invade Mexico. Only that I'm sure that there are some Anti-Trump countries that would like for him to threaten to invade them in. Not so much 3rd world countries, but ally nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean anyone is waiting for the US to invade Mexico. Only that I'm sure that there are some Anti-Trump countries that would like for him to threaten to invade them in. Not so much 3rd world countries, but ally nations.
    No worries. I may have misinterpreted it as well.