Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best way to make gold currently?

There's a few things in the AH I want that are pretty expensive and I want to start grinding away instead of just spending a good chunk of the gold I have now. Is there some kind of best method to bring in an easy consistent amount of gold/hour? I could go farm herbs or something but I feel like there's got to be a more profitable way.

Get your garrison up to level 3. Get a barn to level 3. Farm elite wolves in Nagrand. Sell sumptuous fur. Watch the gold roll in. This multiplies for every barn you're running. I run about 4 of em. Pulling in at least 10k a day for not really doing anything. Small time investment, big rewards.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

There will never be a better method for making gold than playing the Auction House game. Buy shit that's underpriced and sell it for a higher price. This isn't fun and it requires patience, but nothing beats it in the long run.

If you don't want to do that, I've found that Fishing is good money. Each cast of my rod is anywhere between 20 and 3000 gold (lures = solid gold; Underlight Angler gives you a solid chance to fish up a whole school in a single cast, which is typically 5 fish). Herbalism is also good. Trade goods are extremely expensive this expansion.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I wanted to see if Bathory was right, so I checked my server's AH for Sumptuous Fur... for roughly 5g a piece, 50 fur can make you about 250g. You'd need to sell a looot of fur.

This is, of course, just for my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Get your garrison up to level 3. Get a barn to level 3. Farm elite wolves in Nagrand. Sell sumptuous fur. Watch the gold roll in. This multiplies for every barn you're running. I run about 4 of em. Pulling in at least 10k a day for not really doing anything. Small time investment, big rewards.
    Not to be a jerk, but there is no way in hell you are pulling in 10k a day from 4 barns. 4 barns yields about 500 fur a day. Even if fur was 10g apiece, you wouldn't pull half that. And don't say "savage bloods" they are like 50g apiece and only come from half the work orders. Don't be misleading. Average price for Fur is around 3 to 4g.

For consistent gold, you have to farm legion materials. Whether thats herbing, skinning, mining, fishing, whatever. It is up to you, but they all yield lots of gold.

get 4 110s and get the order hall dudes to rare with 850 ilvl. do all of the gold quests and by the end of the week you'll have made tens of thousands. happens to me all the time and i don't even notice it.

Deleted
    I trade Blood of Sargeras for Foxflower stacks on Dalaran vendor and i sell a stack of 20 for 500 gold.

It's not really great money but it's good instead of having Blood of Sargeras in your inventory doing nothing.
    But there are probably better ways of making money with Blood of Sargeras. This is just my noob way of doing it

If you can work overtime at your job, working overtime irl and buying tokens is by far the most efficient method.

Automation man, automation.

Deleted
    I farmed gold by working an extra hour yesterday, made 115k. Easiest method by far and requires something much more fun than grinding/farming anything in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    There's a few things in the AH I want that are pretty expensive and I want to start grinding away instead of just spending a good chunk of the gold I have now. Is there some kind of best method to bring in an easy consistent amount of gold/hour? I could go farm herbs or something but I feel like there's got to be a more profitable way.
    You do what we always did.
    You play the AH.
    Buy low, sell high.

Been said about a million times. Trade Skill Master addon and client.

10+ Year Old Account
    boe flipping is the best way to make gold currently
    use tsm and by no mean price your 101 boe too low or based on a market price
    proof on my signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    I farmed gold by working an extra hour yesterday, made 115k. Easiest method by far and requires something much more fun than grinding/farming anything in WoW.
    This is the way to do it.

Sell flasks.

MMO-C really needs a like button haha.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I use garrison barn + trader to farm bloods and fur. I also sell hexweave bags. I also sell enchants from running WQ dailies. There's also the Order Hall table with the gold/rune/quest missions that are also very profitable. I'm soon going to start using my stockpile of Bloods (Legion) to trade for good that I can make money with.

This is all casual, though, and it amounts to about 45-60k a week, sometimes more. Granted, I'm not trying to make gold, this is what I get from passively playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stylepoints View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but there is no way in hell you are pulling in 10k a day from 4 barns. 4 barns yields about 500 fur a day. Even if fur was 10g apiece, you wouldn't pull half that. And don't say "savage bloods" they are like 50g apiece and only come from half the work orders. Don't be misleading. Average price for Fur is around 3 to 4g.

For consistent gold, you have to farm legion materials. Whether thats herbing, skinning, mining, fishing, whatever. It is up to you, but they all yield lots of gold.
    This depends on the realm.

For example, my realm fluctuates wildly between 800g - 2600g a stack. I only ever sell fur over 1200g a stack, which is quite often. Last week I sold over 10 stacks for over 2.4k each. Also, with the bloods, I turn them into level 1 upgrades for weapons/armor (usually BS) and they sell for 4-8k each respectively.

The trick is peppering the AH when prices are high, which often correlates to when the proper trader isn't available.

Also, both WoD ore, sorcerous earth, and catalysts all still sell as well as they did in WoD, at least on my realm... some, even more than they did during WoD. Combine this with pets from the Menagerie daily, and you're raking in even more gold.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

IMO the two best places to farm right now:

Falcosaur farming with engineering+skinning. Hardened felglass is still selling for a ton, falcosaurs spawn in dense packs and respawn timers are super fast

Firelands 25h trash farm, gather all trash together, aoe, loot, vendor, reset instance, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    There will never be a better method for making gold than playing the Auction House game. Buy shit that's underpriced and sell it for a higher price. This isn't fun and it requires patience, but nothing beats it in the long run.

so much this.

pick some high volume, high price consumables. watch the market, become aware of price patterns.

buy low

sell high

I'm still doing WOD garrison once in a while with my tailors and selling those crafted 30 slots bags.
    I do garrison quest for ressource and buying Fur with my resources when its cheap.

On my main, I have JC and Enchanting, I can make a couple of Gold. And a shoulder enchant for Jewel bags