Poll: Take Glyphs away from Inscription

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Do you know how market works? Majority of people will buy enchant on AH instead of buying mats and asking enchanter. Same goes with pretty much any mats. Final product usually more popular aka easier to sell.

And yes, lets place stone, 10 ppl will portal to dala to change their talents and lets do this on every boss so we will lose 2 hours out of 9hour raiding schedule. Sounds legit.

Eh it shouldn't be removed, but frankly I wish they hadn't completely removed the glyph UI so you knew what exactly was out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kloui View Post
    Do you know how market works? Majority of people will buy enchant on AH instead of buying mats and asking enchanter. Same goes with pretty much any mats. Final product usually more popular aka easier to sell.

And yes, lets place stone, 10 ppl will portal to dala to change their talents and lets do this on every boss so we will lose 2 hours out of 9hour raiding schedule. Sounds legit.
    It will take at max half an hour per raid and 10 people don't need to do that, that's gross exaggeration. Changing talents per boss is also gross exaggeration, depending on class you do that once or twice per raid.

Enchanting is completely different story, because it's a "fire and forget", you don't need to carry 10 enchants with you in case something drops - you just drop a guild bank and take them from there.
    Also it's balanced around the fact that mats are more expensive than green items. Also it helps that green items do drop for everyone instead of those with certain profession, so availability of greens in chain greens>dust>enchants chain is very good, compared to herbs, when you have to compete with alchemists.
    Enchanting is not comparable to inscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Exactly, and rightly so. Even the ones you mentioned still need to change so that you don't require them anymore. Professions in general should not affect performance.
    then why have them.

Quote Originally Posted by kloui View Post
    Actually laughing. "Ye, lets remove the only thing inscription has to offer, its already in shitty situation". For world-quest heroes and for pet battles experts maybe. But when in EN/TOV every tome costed around 400g it didn't feel like inscriptors are in bad spot. Even now with each tome around 100g on AH you still making thousands of gold everyday from it, but yes, the only thing you can put on AH is glyph. Sure. Keep crying. Hope blizzard will listen, focus on glyphs and make tomes even cheaper so it will not feel like you just got robbed whenever you changing talents in raid.
    Yeah, keep living in your fantasy land when even Blizzard confirmed the biggest cost part of the respec tomes were prices of herbs and not scribes charging a premium, and they subsequently nerfed the mats because it was the amounts of herbs that pumped up the price.

The professions that made gold in legion were gathering professions, enchanting (because crystals still go for 4-6x the price of vendoring the item) and alchemy IF you got a 3-star recipe early.

The whole 3-star system means whoever was lucky could just dump the prices to the point he would make a small profit margin but ensure the competition isn't getting any profit at all. Many, many people dumped thousands of gold at loss into their professions in hopes of getting those elusive 3-stars and since it's RNG (like everything in Legion), you aren't guaranteed a return for your investment, like, ever. It's not like in previous expansions "I sank 20k into levelling my prof but now that I'm max level I can craft this and that recipe at a constant profit". Nope.

Going forward from what OP suggests we should indeed delete professions from wow. That would get rid of herbing / mining bots as well as about 80% of the economy. Inflation will go sky high as people will amass gold and they won't have any necessities to spend it on, because how much you can really spend on mounts, pets, transmogs and boosts. Token prices will go to infinity or completely disappear from AH because people will have no reason to buy gold. I foresee a golden age of wow ahead, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, there is no gameplay value in glyphs, they are simply cosmetic. It's cool cosmetic stuff brought by an optional profession. It's not traditional for professions to actually not affect gameplay, but add vanity items instead, professions, traditionally, used to be a performance boost. Glyphs are not a core part of class identity at all, they are irrelevant for class identity.

Yeah, i can imagine that, but that's not removal of one whole profession that exists for 4+ expansions. You don't want to add something new, you want to take away something that exists because you are too lazy to level your own Scribe or to pay other players to do stuff for you, you just want free shit with no effort
    Gameplay value as in having to do quests and stuff to unlock them. A rainworm needs about 10 electric shocks to understand something, how many do you need?

In case you didn't notice professions are changing from performance to vanity items since about 7 years now. And yes, spells are what make up class identity in 90% so anything that affects spells also affects class identity.

Add scrolls and relics to inscription to fill the void and we're good.

In case you didn't notice professions are changing from performance to vanity items since about 7 years now.
    I bet that's why they're adding profession legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I bet that's why they're adding profession legendaries.
    An exception always strengthens the rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they DO affect your core spells because animations are a PART of them. Perfect for class unlockables.
    Finally inscription lost some of it's monopoly on the market, but we still need to do more to make the other professions shine. Something along the lines of Engineering with other nice stuff I don't give a shit.
    Just stay away from the motherfucking core spells.
    Buy them on the AH you cheapskate.

No, they DO affect your core spells because animations are a PART of them. Perfect for class unlockables.
    Finally inscription lost some of it's monopoly on the market, but we still need to do more to make the other professions shine. Something along the lines of Engineering with other nice stuff I don't give a shit.
    Just stay away from the motherfucking core spells.
    Doesn't most profession have a monopoly? Enchanters makes enchants. Jewelcrafters makes gems. Both can give boose to your spells. Why are these not a problem?

How much are glyphs? Are they not a one time purchase anyway. While gems and enchants are needed each time you replace your gear.

An exception always strengthens the rule.
    Like Inscription 'affecting one of your core spells'?

I actually agree with OP, class aesthetics changes should be entirely dictated by class related content and have lore related quests to give explanations for the changes, would add A LOT of immersion to the game imo.

As for inscription, it really does need a new niche and perhaps a complete redesign from the ground up. its in a pretty sorry state at the moment which is unfortunate, is perhaps a redundant profession at this stage. The glyph system is rather clunky to be frank.

To clarify, i think removing glyphs as they exist in their current state is a good idea and creating a more robust class customization system in its place. Glyphs themselves perhaps ought to be redesigned to something more marketable?

Perhaps an on use item that reverts soulbound items to account bound? would be a great seller on the AH for anyone with alts of the same armor type and wouldnt detract from any other profession? For instance: Glyph of the unbound helm - Turn a soulbound helmet item into an account bound item.

That could expand to a massive niche of potential items actually, the regular items could simply turn soulbound into account-bound and the more expensive inscription items (VERY EXPENSIVE) could turn soulbound into BoE (though this could create a lot of issues however, accountbound is much less risky). Other options could be scrolls of reccomendation, where you can use an item to lower your rep with a faction and bind it to a scroll for consumption on an alt, or potentially on the AH? Would solve a lot of in game issues at current with alt progression

This could be awesome for legacy raiding too, where you loot items your class cant equip, so you buy a scroll, unbind it and trade it to a class that can use it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    then why have them.
    For economy? its like a separate minigame on the side. When it affects performance, like it did in cata, certain proffessions became mandatory for certain specs, which was garbage design. The only way proffessions should affect power is through the gearing system. Id much rather it not affect gameplay and have that dictated entirely by class. If a pick and choose system were implemented, id much rather that be through cross classing than through proffessions.
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2017-02-03 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    next thread idea

"remove armor and weapons from blacksmithing"
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    next thread idea

"remove armor and weapons from blacksmithing"
    Right next to "make gold soulbound and not tradeable", you'd think I invented this but sadly nope saw that as a "suggestion".

Take Glyphs away from Inscription

I want to take the core element/whole basis of a profession out of the game because I don't want to spend 200g on a gylph even though I get 900g from emissary caches.

I disagree with you and judging by the poll so do the majority of others.

Exactly, and rightly so. Even the ones you mentioned still need to change so that you don't require them anymore. Professions in general should not affect performance.
    Would you kindly please leave the fucking game and never come back? Seriously, thanks to people like you most professions are useless crap now. You ARE SUPPOSED to buy stuff from AH. Crafters ARE SUPPOSED to sell stuff on AH. That's how server economics work. Your propositions are moronic. Please, stop trying to ruin the game for all of us and just go away. You and people like you have already made enough harm.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-02-04 at 06:28 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

perma food buffs and flasks as well please, so we can remove all profs all togather

Deleted
    What the hell is this insanity?

First, buy the off the AH, they cheap.
    Second, i don't even care. Take them off.
    Third, inscription is super valuable because of runes and tomes now, so it's far from useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Doesn't most profession have a monopoly? Enchanters makes enchants. Jewelcrafters makes gems. Both can give boose to your spells. Why are these not a problem?

How much are glyphs? Are they not a one time purchase anyway. While gems and enchants are needed each time you replace your gear.
    That's one of the points which was raised: they are NOT a one-time purchase anymore.
    That's why it would be better to unlock them with our classes once, and have them in the Collections tab similar to mounts and heirlooms.

When we earn them, we can just make one by clicking on the button like we make an heirloom and equip it to our spell.
    So we don't have to rebuy it from AH when we accidentally swap a glyphed spell to a talent for example.
    And we also wouldn't have to rebuy it if we want that particular spell to have another glyph or switch back to the standard spell.

As for enchants and gems: I wouldn't mind having to buy some off AH as long as I'm offered some basic ones from vendors or daily quests or other sources. The more powerful ones could even be player crafted I don't care. But spells and their glyphed visuals should be class specific as they are the bread and butter of any given class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Take away glyphs? Sure.

Give me back my freaking buff scrolls in exchange. I actually liked being able to give people buffs in dungeons, as opposed to alchemy, where cross-realm restrictions still keep me from handing someone an elixir. (Why is that still around, incidentally, when realm distinction is effectively gone from the game by now?)
    Exactly this. This is a perfectly valid alternative to glyphs.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-02-04 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the points which was raised: they are NOT a one-time purchase anymore.
    That's why it would be better to unlock them with our classes once, and have them in the Collections tab similar to mounts and heirlooms.
    They shouldn't be a one-time purchase, why are you so entitled to have it in a tab? We've already tried a tab, it doesn't work, and old prices of 5g per permanent glyph only proves it.

When we earn them, we can just make one by clicking on the button like we make an heirloom and equip it to our spell.
    So we don't have to rebuy it from AH when we accidentally swap a glyphed spell to a talent for example.
    And we also wouldn't have to rebuy it if we want that particular spell to have another glyph or switch back to the standard spell.
    You are too cheap to buy cosmetic stuff that doesn't affects your gameplay and want a whole profession to be gone. I agree that glyphed talent should remain glyphed but it's the same category as mage having multiple polymorphs, but glyphable polymorph is only a regular one.
    As for enchants and gems: I wouldn't mind having to buy some off AH as long as I'm offered some basic ones from vendors or daily quests or other sources. The more powerful ones could even be player crafted I don't care. But spells and their glyphed visuals should be class specific as they are the bread and butter of any given class.
    If you don't care - don't buy them. Why would you want to buy +5 crit gem from a vendor when a +50 is available on AH?
    No, glyphs shouldn't be class specific and they are not "bread and butter" of a class by any stretch of imagination.
    From this whole discussion with you only one valid point was risen - talent swapping destroys glyphs and it should be fixed, because you don't intend to remove or replace glyph, you intend to remove or replace a talent. Thanks to game mechanic limitation it works like it works now, but i wish it will be changed in time, all other points are simply you being too lazy to level profession yourself while wanting to benefit from it without paying others to do that for you.

Exactly this. This is a perfectly valid alternative to glyphs.
    No, because buffs don't exist anymore, it's not valid alternative to glyphs, because buffs. Don't. Exist. How something that don't exist can be "a perfectly valid alternative to glyphs"? You want blizzard to return buffs into a game and add another ~500g of mandatory spending's per wipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.