Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They now plan to not have Tomb of Sargeras be available when 7.2 hits, but to release it after 7.2.
    Was it ever supposed to be a raid in 7.2? If not, quit crying...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit, five months in MoP we had 5.2 release with new raid (second tier with 12 bosses after launch tier with 16 bosses), two new islands full of content (compared to not even released Broken Shore, which is just a revamped scenario location), Brawler's Guild (compared to few new bosses they've added to re-release) and Krasarang daily hub with a bunch of awesome solo scenarios and some nice world PvP. What new content we've had so far in Legion? Lazily revamped dungeon, Dragon Soul-tier 3 boss raid and, like, ten new world quest, which are all 'kill falcosaurs/kvaldir'. Insane flow of content, I know.
    So 5 months into Legion we've had a 3 boss raid released, a revamped dungeon, a revamped Brawler's Guild, new world quests, a new pvp based faction for rep, 4 new mount quest chains, a 10 boss raid tier, micro holidays (1 of which has occurred), new legendaries, a new m+ level cap. Archaeology has been staggered to the point that, even if you have worked on it since day 1, you will not be able to start the last part until 11 days from now. Most people are also still working on finishing AK25, let alone getting 54 points into the weapon for 1 spec.
    Even if content isn't as much or released as fast as some feel it should be, most people are still working on content that was released on day 1 of the xpac. Most content is lasting longer than it ever has before. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of opinion.
    As far as the OP's post, I don't agree with that at all as there is no illusion of twice released content, only that there is a staggering of content released during a patch, which prolongs the content, which gives people things to do, which extends the life of the game.

They now plan to not have Tomb of Sargeras be available when 7.2 hits, but to release it after 7.2.

This is a recent trend which really reached its highpoint with Legion.

They try to make people think that they are releasing content twice.

They release Legion, but they don't release raids right away. They release the first raid a while after that, and hold back the second raid for several months.

Then they release 7.1, but they hold back Trial of Valor for several weeks.

They release Nighthold weeks after that, bit by bit for LFR players, which is the majority of players.

And now 7.2 will be released several weeks, if not months, from now, and then the actual raid will come later.

That way they create the illusion that there is always new content.

But in reality, you're getting less content than we used to get back in Vanilla and TBC days, or even Wrath.
    Jesus fucking Christ... Cry somewhere else please.

They are releasing the content that is ready sooner instead of holding it all off until it is time for the next raid. It would be a nightmare if Tomb released in 2-3 months. But a lot of people don't want to wait 6 months for the broken isle events, the class compaign, the invasions and all that... This isn't an illusion, this is something they said they would be doing at blizzcon! It is a much better model.

10+ Year Old Account

They release Legion, but they don't release raids right away. They release the first raid a while after that, and hold back the second raid for several months.

They release Nighthold weeks after that, bit by bit for LFR players, which is the majority of players.

And now 7.2 will be released several weeks, if not months, from now, and then the actual raid will come later.

But in reality, you're getting less content than we used to get back in Vanilla and TBC days, or even Wrath.
    That was always the plan, not something they changed.
    Man, them releasing 90% of the content for a patch earlier than they would if they kept the next raid tied to it sure is awful.

What the heck are you on about lmao.

Pretty much. World of Delayed Content: Nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Please tell us more of your insider knowledge of what CMs are doing.
    Don't waste your time even bothering to reply to him. He's been complaining about the game for like 6 years now and is just too stupid to realize that the game isn't going to go back to the way when he enjoyed which is god knows how long ago. Some people are just beyond help. Instead they spend years complaining about a game they haven't enjoyed for a long time.

Im fine with them releasing the Raid a week or 2 later, gives us enough time to relearn our classes for the 5th time this expansion. As for content, its been mostly blah to me...

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I talked to their regional CM chief in person, if you have to know, plus I am in the industry and know what CMs do from my own experience.

But you can always ask CMs yourself. (They will happily answer you, too, because that's an easy lowball that doesn't require any actual knowledge, just BS, and the question makes whoever answers it look important.) Their answers as to what they are actually doing (obviously they were asked politely, at the conferences, in the interviews, etc, with no subtext of "you are doing nothing") are always "we are going to meetings" / similar idiocies, invariably padded with blank BS like "and many, many other things".
    My dad works for Nintendo too!

Yes.

http://warcraftrealms.com/graph/week...-1&factionid=2

- - - Updated - - -

They are reliable for that kind of info. The forums have been over this laughable "it's unreliable" a hundred times over, it's only unreliable for those who don't have a clue about stats. And it's getting confirmed all the time by other sources (ie, wowprogress / arena trackers who obviously only inform about their slices but together this composes into a completely unsurprising picture).
    OK, so you link this, but uhm, definitely don't fully understand it- 1 there's an extra class pulling people (in theory) from other classes, since the same account can't play 2 classes at once. Then there is a dip when the holidays start which trends up going towards Jan which tells me this data is prolly not a full picture. Then while u say people don't understand statistics you don't explain your defense I assume it has to do with sample size, however there is no control over getting an accurate sample-what about people who play new content to see it and leave (try building a guild on those people, it sucks) what about people who pvp, I can just as easily say this shows pvp is crappie and the numbers support it. Correlation does NOT equal causation. It would be more reasonable to say the old content release of mop/wod was problematic bc the people with all the info changed the structure. I would like to see data after a year of the xpac I think that would give a clearer picture of where wow stands

I get what you are saying. They have definitely reach a new level of effective content stunting.

Deleted
    Yes.

http://warcraftrealms.com/graph/week...-1&factionid=2

- - - Updated - - -

They are reliable for that kind of info. The forums have been over this laughable "it's unreliable" a hundred times over, it's only unreliable for those who don't have a clue about stats. And it's getting confirmed all the time by other sources (ie, wowprogress / arena trackers who obviously only inform about their slices but together this composes into a completely unsurprising picture).
    You clearly have no idea about Stats if you think that you can extrapolate a trend from incomplete data.

i genuinely don't get why you still play wow, all i see is you complaining so why stay

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    How is it an illusion when there is a steady, constant stream of content?
    Because it's by definition not a steady, constant stream of content.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Staggered content doesn't equal no content.

Them releasing the 7.2 raid later is a good thing, but more importantly there is a gameplay reason. You have to unlock the raid while playing in the new zone released with it, and because of this, it allows them to actually release the 7.2 patch SOONER because we have to play through content before the raid (and i guess dungeon?) will unlock

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    There are many valid Legion concerns, but lack of content is NOT one of them, in fact, for me and my guild there is TOO MUCH to do, causing burnout.
    You are missing the point, the thing that causes burnout is not an abundance of content, but small amount of content, that you repetitevely do day after day, week after week, month after month for some shade of reward. 7.2 adds one new dungeon, yes, but mythic+ rebalance means that you'll run the same 7.0 dungeons every week for at least another year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Staggered content doesn't equal no content.
    The same way it doen't mean we get more content than ever opposite to what majority of posters here believe.

Deleted

Look at this guys picture. Look at the nose. What does that make ham look like? Yep, that's exactly what he is and was his op was. Why accounts like his aren't just permabanned is a different subject, I've never really agreed with the policies of this site, but there is no denying what he is. Don't fall for his bait.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh he is fully aware of all of this. Most people would refer to what he is doing as trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing to disagree with. It isn't an opinion. Releasing 2 different kinds of content at different times is literally releasing content twice.

- - - Updated - - -

So if you run out of content to do somehow that magically makes the content nonexistent?
    That's the point - it's only an illusion