Poll: Your least favourite Nighthold raid encounter?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    my vote goes to krosus, any patchwerk fight is not needed anymore and totally boring
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Augur but mainly because i'm melee and that pretty much means it's a patchwerk fight with little movement. Elisande had alot of potential with her mechanics but they messed them up sadly. The time concepts on her is fucking awesome but dealing with adds all the time detracts alot.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    I like Aluriel because of how clean her kit is. 3 schools of magic, a spell for each, then she Replicate, Detonate and Animate that spell. It makes sense and doesn't feel like they just put mechanics for the sake of it.

Botanist feels very bland on the other hand. He's totally that boss with a messy kit that doesn't even really make sense.
    I completely agree with you on Aluriel and somewhat agree with you on Botanist. I personally do enjoy how hectic botanist gets, but that's more because its a bit different than other fights, rather than it being good encounter design. Mechanics wise it feels like it's very messy, and no matter how well you play, it's never not going to be messy. I think I'll dislike that last part on mythic.

In any case, I dislike Star Augur (on HC and Normal) the most, by far. As a melee, there are times where I simply do not have to deal with even A SINGLE mechanic for the whole 8 minutes. I need to switch target exactly once. It looks cool, but that's the only good thing about it.

I found Star pretty boaring. A lot of people are sold on the room and whats going on in the back ground but the fight itself I just didn't find great. Elisande isn't far off and might even take first place for me for a lot of the same reasons. Just not a lot going on. (I suspect mythic will change this on both of course)

Trillax annoys the shit out of me, so gets my vote. CA is a close second simply because of the slowdown, the rest of that fight is decent though.

Deleted
    Chronomatic Anomaly and Krosus.

Deleted
    Scorpion because i am afflcition. I have only heroic experience and to be honest i feel bored almost on every boss. But I wont call it bad raid untill I go Mythic

I've yet to see it on Mythic, but Star Augur is a pretty shit fight on N/HC. The phases last too long, the boss abilities are dull, and there's nothing really going on except for the pretty phase transitions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Krosus and Augur long fight? Do you even raid?
    krosus is short star augur isnt really short but not really long either

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've yet to see it on Mythic, but Star Augur is a pretty shit fight on N/HC. The phases last too long, the boss abilities are dull, and there's nothing really going on except for the pretty phase transitions.
    when i do him i just look at his room and keeping breath up ofc when its running

Skorpyron. That "thing" is not even a proper bossfigth.

Speaking from Heroic, Elisande is pretty horrendous.

Tel'Arn gives half our raid a headache though from particle and fuss overload so he wins.

Overall, Skorpyron.

But considering how much better it should be (considering it's a huge part of the story) Elisande's fight is actually awful. Killing elementals over and over again and basically doing the same shit three times in a row for a single fight.

Deleted
    Gul'dan was underwhelming and anti-climatic.

I was expecting more than just another "add fight", like whole raid has been part from Krosus (unless you fail, even he has adds..).
    Where was epic warlock things. He just goes in bubble like paladin. Geez

Elisande. Melee get 100% uptime, while ranged are in africa soaking beach balls.

Wait, that's every fight in NH. Nevermind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Gul'dan was underwhelming and anti-climatic.

I was expecting more than just another "add fight", like whole raid has been part from Krosus (unless you fail, even he has adds..).
    Where was epic warlock things. He just goes in bubble like paladin. Geez
    well demon summoning is warlocky and that bubble is the eye of amanthul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Overall, Skorpyron.

But considering how much better it should be (considering it's a huge part of the story) Elisande's fight is actually awful. Killing elementals over and over again and basically doing the same shit three times in a row for a single fight.
    I would agree here, Skorp is just a shit fight and Elisande was a underwhelming, I like the Time Dilation mechanic but they really could have done it without the elementals and their bubbles.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Guess it depends on worst. Star Auger is boring as hell for melee as you don't even need to move for 2/3rds of the fight, and Elisande is just boring add killing for most of it while hoping RNG doesn't screw you with her collapsing ring attack. Both are extremely long and a giant pain in the ass to do over if you wipe, I mean to me, any fight you can hero/lust on twice (like Elisande) is just too much time...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    well demon summoning is warlocky and that bubble is the eye of amanthul.
    Demon summonin is warlocky, yeah. But he is more like "uh guys, can you lend me hand here geez?" rather than summon demons to his bidding.

So many warlocky things that could've been added:

Summon demons added with soul-link so you need to kill adds in order rather than just cleave. Or it damages him at same time.

-Felfire appears just as "imma throw ball here that does no damage on normal woo". Where is like.."Channel demon fire"? Would've looked cooler if it has to be aoe dmg.
    -Immolate, corruption.. He could even life tap to get mana for some huge nuke.

Idk, it just felt very boring with all "Im away, kill adds that help me, now I open rift that you dont even see if you dont actually turn camera to certain angle then whine sergares for more power. Oh and I cleave now"

in b4 "have you killed him in mythic" claims.

Star Augur.

since i mostly pug Nighthold, every grp either gets seriously stuck at Augur, or is already past him

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    my vote goes to krosus, any patchwerk fight is not needed anymore and totally boring
    If you think Patchwerk was boring, you obviously didn't heal or tank it.

Or melee because you had to dip to lower your HP to not get one shot.