Poll: Your least favourite Nighthold raid encounter?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Star Augur.

since i mostly pug Nighthold, every grp either gets seriously stuck at Augur, or is already past him
    Augur is really annoying to pug because the end phase is the strick check while the first few phases are the confusion checks that can wipe a pug group a couple of times before you clear up who's stacking where for the frost cleansing. So you can spend a lot of time in a group and then only later realize that you either can't kill it or it's going to be extremely tight so you'll be risking a long series of low % wipes in a long fight.

On most other bosses you can usually judge right from the start whether the pug has a chance of killing it so you can avoid wasting an hour or two on a group that disbands without killing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Demon summonin is warlocky, yeah. But he is more like "uh guys, can you lend me hand here geez?" rather than summon demons to his bidding.

So many warlocky things that could've been added:

Summon demons added with soul-link so you need to kill adds in order rather than just cleave. Or it damages him at same time.

-Felfire appears just as "imma throw ball here that does no damage on normal woo". Where is like.."Channel demon fire"? Would've looked cooler if it has to be aoe dmg.
    -Immolate, corruption.. He could even life tap to get mana for some huge nuke.

Idk, it just felt very boring with all "Im away, kill adds that help me, now I open rift that you dont even see if you dont actually turn camera to certain angle then whine sergares for more power. Oh and I cleave now"

in b4 "have you killed him in mythic" claims.
    true but maybe on M he will be better?

Elisande, like OP said there was so much hype going into our encounter with her and all you end up doing is repeating the same phase 3 times, was kinda disappointing for me.

Great raid overall though.

I went with Elisande. The fight is just so.. bland? Also a huge missed opportunity for having Thalyssra actually do something other than just stand there with a bunch of Kirin Tor geeks but at this point most of the story in WoW is a bunch of fanservice lore stomping crap so whatever.

Honorable mention for Anomaly because it's such a lame fight where if your raid don't suck you never/barely see the second time phase on Normal or Heroic.

I really like Nighthold though especially compared to EN. The raid is fucking beautiful and the rest of the bosses are fun enough that I'm not already bored of them a couple of weeks after release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I went with Elisande. The fight is just so.. bland? Also a huge missed opportunity for having Thalyssra actually do something other than just stand there with a bunch of Kirin Tor geeks but at this point most of the story in WoW is a bunch of fanservice lore stomping crap so whatever.

Honorable mention for Anomaly because it's such a lame fight where if your raid don't suck you never/barely see the second time phase on Normal or Heroic.

I really like Nighthold though especially compared to EN. The raid is fucking beautiful and the rest of the bosses are fun enough that I'm not already bored of them a couple of weeks after release.
    agreed that NH is lot better then EN, i was bored of EN after first clear really

Overall, NH is a really solid raid. If I had to pick one I'm not overly fond of however, it would be Anomaly. Spending almost the entire fight on heroic in slowtime is agonizing, but maybe it's better on mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anomally is forgettable and feels pointless. What's the gimmick, what's the point?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While Elisande is disappointing I go for Botanist. He just makes no sense. There is no theme behind his abilities, he seems to be the only one of his kind in the entire Suramar storyline and he just has a crapton of abilities just for the sake of having them.
    Such a pain on Heroic! I can't begin to imagine the nightmare that is Mythic Botanist...
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    People seriously voting on Botanist? Best encounter in years imho.
    Don't think any boss in this raid is bad per sé, but least favourite probably krosus, just because it's basically a patchwerk fight with some adds.

Anomaly, because the gimmick isn't even a gimmick.

The whole speeding up thing is completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I like Elisande, the mechanics are neat. Mythic looks crazy and involved.

Looking at mythic, High Botanist Tel'arn is going to be the most hated, boring tedious fight once most people have seen it.
    It's one of the easier fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    To be fair Nighthold is actually a pretty weak raid with lots of unmemorable bosses.
    I can't even say which the worst one is, because 6-7 fights are competing for it since many are underwhelming.
    This.

Nighthold is not a good raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Anomaly, because the gimmick isn't even a gimmick.

The whole speeding up thing is completely irrelevant.
    It isn't irrelevant on Mythic..

You need to decide when you transition between time speeds to maximise your boss DPS and it's a race to kill the adds so you can interrupt before power overwhelming wipes your raid.

That stacks on top of the personal responsibility of running time bombs out of the raid, healers getting rid of the time release absorb and everyone avoiding unnecisary damage from other mechanics.

For a second boss in an instance I feel like it's tuned about right and tests your raids coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's one of the easier fights.
    But it is long and repetitive with the only dangerous things happening at the end.

I haven't seen them all in mythic yet so I can't say for sure. From what I have seen though Either of the 1st 2 fights. They aren't horrible, but not going on either. They are the first fights and should be pretty basic to allow people to work their way in the door I guess. Without a doubt the worst part of Nighthold is the trash.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Trilliax or Elisande, probably going with Elisande. Boring encounters the both of them. The rest are actually quite fun and I'm seriously surprised that Skorpyron gets so many votes. If you think it's a bad encounter, just tank him near the hole in the wall. On my Ret pala it's incredibly exciting that way to drop consecration in front of him and not fail on shockwave and the rest.

Krosus is probably my fav.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    my vote goes to krosus, any patchwerk fight is not needed anymore and totally boring
    On the contrary. Every raid with 10 or more bosses should definitely include a patchwerk encounter. It's fun for analysis and benchmarking.

However, I also think Nighthold is a rather boring raid. It's not bad, but it's not too memorable and none of the bosses except for Krosus, Tichondrius and Gul'dan left an impression on me. It might be because we're just fighting a collection of Nightborne and a robot model we've seen walking around in Suramar a lot. They are too plain.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-02-05 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    This.

Nighthold is not a good raid.
    Says you, top 5 for me. Only boss i really could be meh about is Skorp but he's the first one anyway, i love Trill to death, that fight is hilarious.

Krosus feels epic. The mechanics are simple but the feeling of fighting this huge demon on the bridge that is collapsing is amazing.

I also like star ogre because he gives you his reasoning for fighting you: he looked into the void and saw the horrors that are coming for us, the things that should not be, and he gives you the feelimg that the legion can actually be a salvation from the void.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoChango View Post
    It isn't irrelevant on Mythic..

You need to decide when you transition between time speeds to maximise your boss DPS and it's a race to kill the adds so you can interrupt before power overwhelming wipes your raid.

That stacks on top of the personal responsibility of running time bombs out of the raid, healers getting rid of the time release absorb and everyone avoiding unnecisary damage from other mechanics.

For a second boss in an instance I feel like it's tuned about right and tests your raids coordination.
    Except the faster time doesn't increase your DPS.

It's literally just if you took the fight and put it on 2x speed.

I mean, yes, spells get cast faster, and Dots tick faster, but DOTs also expire faster, CDs dont last as long, the boss is faster, the boss casts spells quicker, everything moves quicker.

If you make everything in the twice as fast, literally nothing gets changed. It just "feels" different, nothing is actually different

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Except the faster time doesn't increase your DPS.

It's literally just if you took the fight and put it on 2x speed.

I mean, yes, spells get cast faster, and Dots tick faster, but DOTs also expire faster, CDs dont last as long, the boss is faster, the boss casts spells quicker, everything moves quicker.

If you make everything in the twice as fast, literally nothing gets changed. It just "feels" different, nothing is actually different
    The bosses enrage is based of actual time (7mins) so you should let a number of power overwhelming stacks go off in fast time in order to make it so you can kill the boss inside the enrage.

You also can't spend too much time in any of the phases as power overwhelming stacks start killing you as you run out of healing cooldowns.

You saying the time component of the fight is irrelevant and writing that response makes me think you don't actually understand the mechanics of the fight and you either haven't done it on Mythic or you did it and didn't understand why the boss was being interrupted at specific times.