Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Putin > Turnbull, I guess.

Russia handles their own problems and their own population, like they handle their relationship with the west. It is ignorant towards its own savagness and remains apathatic towards the resulting losses.

Who wants to be friends with amateur villains ? They can't hurt anyone, without smashing a piano onto themselves. Dr. Evil has achieved better results than Putin, and that guys space ship was a penis rocket.

Trump chooses his role models as successfully as Bruce Willis was looking for the 12 Monkeys. Have a travel ban Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Trump wants to open discussion with Russia, no issues with it honestly, but Trump's campaign has been on of constantly selling "Put America First" so much so that's it actually being mocked by other countries.

So here he is in an interview being asked about Russia, and he deflects by insulting the US.

Now in all honesty, I don't care that much about it, but to hear it from a man who yells about making the US great, and America first, over and over again is a bit hilarious, to have his comments immediately defended by the Pro-Trump crowd, who also were chanting America First etc as well just makes the whole comment Trump made during the campaign about going out and shooting someone and his followers not caring that much more real.

Regardless this in reality isn't a big deal overall, certainly nothing compared to what else has going on, whether your are pro or against, it just strikes me as humorous is all.
    My point is actually deeply sticked into this very issue.

He know Putin is a "baddie". He know he killed people. But he's still willing to talk to him because he think there is a national interest in doing so.
    Putin also know the USA are not exactly the people that he's used to call "friends" but he's gonna sit at the table nonetheless.

Is this a revolutionary way of thinking the world ? No it's the norm. It's not really worthy of a discussion and even less "hilarious".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    "Leftists" are just amused that Trump will say or do anything to defend Putin while not showing a shred of same magnanimity towards other countries.
    You are going places, being honest about what USA did wrong is exactly about other countries which it hurt. Left-side activists were attacking USA for the very same thing for years, long before Putin was even worth mentioning. Trump saying what he said is closer to left-side anti-war activist than to anyone from righties who actually voted for him, yet lefties are still trying to grasp straws, b'cuz Trump is #1 evil, even if he actually agrees with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reason why I voted for Trump is because he reminded me of the "America's not the greatest country anymore" speech from The Newsroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    My point is actually deeply sticked into this very issue.

He know Putin is a "baddie". He know he killed people. But he's still willing to talk to him because he think there is a national interest in doing so.
    Putin also know the USA are not exactly the people that he's used to call "friends" but he's gonna sit at the table nonetheless.

Is this a revolutionary way of thinking the world ? No it's the norm. It's not really worthy of a discussion and even less "hilarious".
    The problem with this logic is I'm not sure if Trump is educated enough to come up with an idea like this. The most likely explanation is just that he admires Putin. Trump has no experience or education in politics and doesn't read a lot, or at all. I'm not sure. Look at how chaotic his first few weeks in office were. There was no in-depth planning involved.

I'm pretty sure that if you or me were in charge things would be smoother than they are under Trump because at least we would have the humility to pick up a book and attempt to learn. We sit here thinking about these things while Trump thinks about ratings on the Apprentice and his crowd sizes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump has no experience or education in politics and doesn't read a lot, or at all. I'm not sure. Look at how chaotic his first few weeks in office were. There was no in-depth planning involved.
    There's plenty of people around him that do have a great deal of experience.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Drumpf is just taking a page out of his retarded supporters' handbook:
    If the US has done anything in the past, then it's ok for the US and any other country to do it in the future.

I see it on these forums ALL the fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    The problem with this logic is I'm not sure if Trump is educated enough to come up with an idea like this. The most likely explanation is just that he admires Putin. Trump has no experience or education in politics and doesn't read a lot, or at all. I'm not sure. Look at how chaotic his first few weeks in office were. There was no in-depth planning involved.

I'm pretty sure that if you or me were in charge things would be smoother than they are under Trump because at least we would have the humility to pick up a book and attempt to learn. We sit here thinking about these things while Trump thinks about ratings on the Apprentice and his crowd sizes.
    I think he's purposefully generating news and if he is, he's very successful at it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

A big part of me wants to be supportive of the fact that Trump is willing to concede that the US has faults, that we've made mistakes. This is a good gesture. But deep down, I really can't shake the feeling that he's just really trying hard to be supportive of Putin. And not in a good way, which I think is important to add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    He's not wrong. The Iraq war created ISIS.

Also funny how America suddenly can do no wrong as long as it's Trump who criticizes it.
    Russian proxy warring created ISIS, in it's basic form. It only "became" ISIS after declaring war on their benefactors.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Whatever you think of Trump it looks like he's picked some amazing people for Ambassador to the UN

And Mattis for Secretary of Defense

And I'm hoping Tillerson the Secretary of State is good as these two.

Trump is doing his own thing which is odd.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, kind of disappointed with Halley to be honest as a citizen of SC..... her replacement as governor leaves a lot to be desired. WHY DID YOU LEAVE US!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think he's purposefully generating news and if he is, he's very successful at it.
    He certainly makes a good distraction. Someone is putting papers in front of him to sign. And whoever that is wasn't elected to be president and isn't getting news coverage. This is what worries me the most to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The murder of political opponents? Well I dunno about you but I've not heard of her ordering assassinations of her political opponents.
    I haven't heard of Putin ordering assassination of his political opponents either!

Now, allegations on other hand were being made for both...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It's hard to remember to cite sources after two years of the masses believing Trump at nothing but his word.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1847603741

There's a quick one. Looks like most of them covered things like human rights and corruption.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...l-journalists/

So yeah, no one's proven the connection, largely because most of the cases are mysteriously unsolved in Russia's legal system,
    Actually most cases do get solved. People just dismiss their results as "government coverup".

but 36 journalist deaths in 16 years based around investigating corruption and human rights is pretty suspect. Granted Putin assumed power in 2012, so only six of those murders happened while he was President, though five of those were within a year.
    Russian crude death rate is hovering around 14 death per 1000 per year, to get one journalist death per year you would only need ~71 anti-corruption journalists (in 140+ million country), if we would assume one out of 10 is "from mysterious medical causes" or "from criminal assault", you would only need 710 (again, for entire country).

There are about 100 thousand journalists in Union of Journalists organization in Russia (of all kinds, not just anti-corruption ones obviously), and possibly at least as many unaffiliated.

Still, more supporting evidence for that than anything Trump's ever given. According to that site, Trump even agreed that Putin's killing journalists was bad, before he turned around and said it hadn't been proved.
    Both are true. Killing journalists is bad; no case have been proven to be connected to Putin's direct order.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Both are true. Killing journalists is bad; no case have been proven to be connected to Putin's direct order.
    Cards on the table, though. Do *you* think Putin is savvy enough to permanently remove opposition in this way or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Cards on the table, though. Do *you* think Putin is savvy enough to permanently remove opposition in this way or not?
    He seriously has no need to physically assassinate them to do that, opposition is hovering at extremely low ratings and none of them can contest his position.

And going after journalists when he has at least ten times more media to drown them out with different spin? Waste of time.

Most journalists listed as victims investigated corruption of local variety (thus being targets of local rather then government assassins), not Putin specifically, while those dealing with "human rights" dealt with Chechens who had no respect to such concepts (and on occasions killed or captured people for ransom even if they went to Chechnya to "defend" them as journalists).

Some journalists killed also happened to be in Dagestan/Ingushetia (right next to Chechnya) where people are a lot more tribal and rule of law is quite a bit more "loose".

Thus out of entire list those who can reasonably be attributed to their anti-corruption/anti-government work are victims of those trying to preserve local hierarchy rather then Putin personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Seriously, that must be one hell of a Watersports video.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c7f5d5ebc82b

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States of America... the successor or Washington, of Jefferson, of Lincoln, Teddy Roosvelt, Wilson, FDR, JFK, and Reagan. Long may he reign.

Make America Great Again!
    He is only saying the obvious. You seem to have a problem with the truth Skroe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand him, but this is the first "good" thing he's done so far. Not trying to pretend that the US is any different.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    I can't stand him, but this is the first "good" thing he's done so far. Not trying to pretend that the US is any different.
    Well, the US is a bit different. Trump isn't ordering hits on dissenting journalists and there is a balance of power. Checks and balances, you know, which even Trump respects. There is - wait, what is Trump sayin? "The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

Hmm, maybe more a senpai-kouhai thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Well, the US is a bit different. Trump isn't ordering hits on dissenting journalists and there is a balance of power. Checks and balances, you know, which even Trump respects. There is - wait, what is Trump sayin? "The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

Hmm, maybe more a senpai-kouhai thing?
    First of all, the "ordering hits" on people sound like the propaganda coming off CNN etc but even if thats true, USA is responsible for millions more dead than what Russia is, just from the Cold War and after