Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope no new races/classes in 8.0.

However that doesn't exclude adding more race/class combos, Night Elf Paladin seems very likely.

More race customization options would be awesome, new hairstyles, skin colors, etc, we got tattoos on demon hunter so could maybe be expanded to new tattoo/skin colors on most races.

But it can go further by using Sub-races for the many models we already have in game.
    Tauren: Taunka/Highmountain
    Orc: Grey or Brown skin
    Troll: Forest/Ice
    Dwarf: Wildhammer/Dark Iron (Earthen or Iron dwarf seem to far fetched)
    Draenei: Red skin (liberated from the legion/argus?)
    Blood elf: Blue eyes (even tho high elf are more Alliance oriented high elf for alliance could work if they let's say trade off nightborne for horde)
    Night elf : Nightborne
    Goblin & Worgen : Model updates + additional customization
    Human : More customization
    Gnome : I don't see full mechagnome happening. But more crazy hairstyles/faces etc works.
    Forsaken : Dark ranger elf model, basicly high elf but undead.

And IF they decide to add complete new races my top 3 would be :
    - Vrykul
    - Ogre (1 head would make the most sense) but 2 heads would add weird customization, and voice emotes could be split between them.
    - Naga

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I still believe that Wardens will make an appearance. As farfetched and as unlikely as it sounds, its been part of the lore and hidden like the demon hunters since 2007/TBC in WoW.
    Watchers Aerie is set up like a class hall kind of area also, recruits are training and could easily be phased into one on that note.
    Only issue is, once a-bloody-gain it will be a melee related class unless they do a whole throw-your-chakram kinda dance thing so its actually a physical range class.
    Yes Warden as a class seems right now the most solid next choice lore wise, adding it as a 3rd demon hunter spec would just feel weird switching specs .

They could modifty part of the VoTW as starting area replace demons with naga or something after the legion is driven off.

Plate ranged class? Even tho most spells are taken by other classes now, like throw glaive, blink, fan of knives.

Could be the first Ranged/Tank class??
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-06 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New race/class combos I'm fine with, but I hope to hell Blizzard is done adding classes to this game, they had trouble balancing it properly when there were only 9, now there's 12 and they still can't handle it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Who screams in pain when he uses the light
    yet still uses it.

he burns 'alive' but he uses it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    New race/class combos I'm fine with, but I hope to hell Blizzard is done adding classes to this game, they had trouble balancing it properly when there were only 9, now there's 12 and they still can't handle it.
    I'd like to say although its a bit shaky, what causes most of the issues for imbalance is due to mathematics and creating formulae to calculate things. As the numbers starting going into millions and billions trying to find the right algorithms to do so is harder and harder. Adding classes is the easy part.

Put it this way, you know 1 multiplied by 1, but start changing it to 12568 multiples by 23 with a diversion of 4 and so on... You'll grab a calculator.

Not knocking you, but why would demon hunters need a holy spec to "fit in" warlocks have been around just fine. And we allow shadow priests.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Dawnseeker View Post
    Necromancer is what I want as a regular class.

I don't care if it's a 'warlock that controls undead lol'. I want the damn thing.
    play unholy dk then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    yet still uses it.

he burns 'alive' but he uses it.
    yes but preists and paladins use light in differant ways
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to say although its a bit shaky, what causes most of the issues for imbalance is due to mathematics and creating formulae to calculate things. As the numbers starting going into millions and billions trying to find the right algorithms to do so is harder and harder. Adding classes is the easy part.

Put it this way, you know 1 multiplied by 1, but start changing it to 12568 multiples by 23 with a diversion of 4 and so on... You'll grab a calculator.
    Adding classes is easy, balancing them isn't, thank you for not saying anything that disproves my point?

Blizzard couldn't balance them right when we only had 9 and numbers were much smaller, I really, really doubt that numbers are the issue... Just because you can't do the math in your head quickly doesn't mean somehow it's going to be more difficult to balance, at the most it would just be a bit more time consuming...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-02-06 at 12:37 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Adding classes is easy, balancing them isn't, thank you for not saying anything that disproves my point?

Blizzard couldn't balance them right when we only had 9 and numbers were much smaller, I really, really doubt that numbers are the issue... Just because you can't do the math in your head quickly doesn't mean somehow it's going to be more difficult to balance, at the most it would just be a bit more time consuming...
    Actually, I was disproving as you said "but I hope to hell Blizzard is done adding classes to this game". So I said the opposite in that adding classes is the easy part and they can add as many as they like as it doesn't create imbalances, the balancing is in the math which has changed every expansion with the inclusion of the original classes. Balancing with math will happen indefinitely whether they add classes or not. Because skill addition or pruning, class overhauls and so forth.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-02-06 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I was disproving as you said "but I hope to hell Blizzard is done adding classes to this game". So I said the opposite in that adding classes is the easy part and they can add as many as they like as it doesn't create imbalances, the balancing is in the math which has changed every expansion with the inclusion of the original classes. Balancing with math will happen indefinitely whether they add classes or not. Because skill addition or pruning, class overhauls and so forth.
    Creating new classes does cause imbalances because it's a new class, they have to balance every other class around the addition of that one, and balance that class around the existence of all the others, that is a lot of work to do, work they never get right, and they sure as hell never get it right at launch, DH are still a fucking mess, Monks are a fucking mess (MW healers in RBGs are basically the only viable healer because they are so strong), and DKs, well, blizzard has been fucking up their balance repeatedly since the beta started.

Like I said before, time isn't Blizzard's issue, it's competence, or lack-thereof, and their incessant need to redesign the classes every expansion, which just takes whatever balance they had been working on for the last 2 years and fucks it up entirely... Instead of continuing to tweak and perfect the classes as they are they have to start balance over from scratch every time, hence balance always being a complete shitshow at the start of every expack... No one but complete morons would repeatedly handicap themselves like that for no reason at all.

Balancing with math will NEVER happen because blizzard redesigns classes, repeatedly starting over from scratch prevents the "math balancing" eventuality entirely, especially in PvP, where the "math balancing" isn't the major issue, mechanics are.

I'd like to mention that they can change each expansion as you perhaps assume that the same team has been making the game for the last 12 years including technology? Things will always be changed and variables will exist. Game designers and developers have to correct previous errors and original content that simply isn't sufficient anymore, so fucking up will happen because perfection doesn't exist. It's why they have PTR, to test things to try and make things occur.

If simple was as simple as 1=1, then you wouldn't get hiccups and an actual need for testing as developers can predict the actuation.

If they didn't add classes or change classes to make balancing potentially impossible, to be fair you or many others would probably have quit years ago or new people would join. If they didn't do class overhauls and 'changed them eevery expansion' then fuck me, warlocks would still be pretending to do damage, hunters would still be carrying around a quiver in a relic slot and dwarves be would priests indefinitely because their racials would be superior to everyone.

You can't label the problem of imbalance down to 'yes it's because of classes'. They had imbalance from the word go. As mentioned before dwarves priests were hot shit back in Vanilla. Now having a certain race to class isn't really much more then cosmetic. It's not probably a direct fraction that you're aiming at but they don't want it to be perfection and balanced where the sequencing makes it so linear it hurts fun and challenge, it's why they have a random generated system. The main problem is this random generated system layers and now has to include a lot of numbers not from your damage but to other inputs and sources including relays from simple things like NPC's.

Still back to the topic, I do wonder why Demon Hunters got only 2 specs when the norm has been 3. Wonder if they will add in another one instead or class/race.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-02-06 at 12:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Not knocking you, but why would demon hunters need a holy spec to "fit in" warlocks have been around just fine. And we allow shadow priests.
    because illidan stormrage is destined to become holydan angelrage.

and his illidari gotta keep up with the lords theme.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

yes but preists and paladins use light in differant ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Except that it doesn't and has been stated by Blizzard to make no sense in lore. Undead priests use the holy power in a way that is very different than paladins.
    Sir Zeliek is undead and he is a paladin who wields the light. Yes he was mindcontrolled but mindcontroling someone doesn't make them do stuff they couldn't already do. If you mindcontrol a gnome mage, it won't be able to do stuff like turn into a bear or cat like a druid but you could make the mage shoot fireballs and frostbolts. Sir Zeliek is irrefutable proof undead can still channel the light as paladins. It's just extremely painful. Extremely painful doesn't mean impossible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Sir Zeliek is undead and he is a paladin who wields the light. Yes he was mindcontrolled but mindcontroling someone doesn't make them do stuff they couldn't already do. If you mindcontrol a gnome mage, it won't be able to do stuff like turn into a bear or cat like a druid but you could make the mage shoot fireballs and frostbolts. Sir Zeliek is irrefutable proof undead can still channel the light as paladins. It's just extremely painful. Extremely painful doesn't mean impossible.
    yes he is still a paladin in death, but that is because
    A. paladin in light
    b. hes being mind controlled so he has no care for his pain, he will kill himself with the light before even noticing it
    c. he is not using full paladin abilities, just stuff like smite and such, the basic shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to mention that they can change each expansion as you perhaps assume that the same team has been making the game for the last 12 years including technology? Things will always be changed and variables will exist. Game designers and developers have to correct previous errors and original content that simply isn't sufficient anymore, so fucking up will happen because perfection doesn't exist.
    Have you ever heard the phrase "don't fix what isn't broken? Yeah, it's a thing for a reason... None of the class revamps (which started in Cata) ever needed to happen, the classes basic designs are and were fine as they were in WotLK, they should have stuck with those and kept tweaking and adjusting, no total overhauls were anywhere near necessary.

It's why they have PTR, to test things to try and make things occur.
    Irrelevant if they ignore feedback, which they do.

change classes to make balancing potentially impossible,
    minor changes are fine, that falls under the category of "tweaks", most classes these days don't remotely resemble what they were 4 years ago, let alone further back, save for cosmetics, and not often for the better.

As mentioned before dwarves priests were hot shit back in Vanilla.
    and some simple tweaks to their racial would have fixed it...

You can't label the problem of imbalance down to 'yes it's because of classes'. They had imbalance from the word go.
    Yes, and it never got fixed because they kept rebuilding classes from the ground up and adding new ones instead of sticking with what they had and making small incremental, proper adjustments to bring things in line. Shit will never be balanced when they start over from scratch with half the classes every 2 years.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-02-06 at 02:14 AM.

yes he is still a paladin in death, but that is because
    A. paladin in light
    b. hes being mind controlled so he has no care for his pain, he will kill himself with the light before even noticing it
    c. he is not using full paladin abilities, just stuff like smite and such, the basic shit
    Doesn't matter what excuses you make. He is an undead paladin. Mindcontrolling someone doesn't make them magically able to do stuff they couldn't already do. You can't mindcontrol a druid and force them to transform into a demon via Metamorphosis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what excuses you make. He is an undead paladin. Mindcontrolling someone doesn't make them magically able to do stuff they couldn't already do. You can't mindcontrol a druid and force them to transform into a demon via Metamorphosis.
    the issue is not that undead cant be paladins, its that they wouldent last long before they kill themselves

Deleted
    I'd rather see more classes get a 4th spec rather than new classes on it's own.

They need to do something to make the current classes feel more fresh because their reworks did not achieve the goal, it just made most specs even more clunky and more boring than before. I wish we would just go back to MoP, class wise, it was the best the classes ever were, there wasn't one class I didn't enjoy playing, right now, I hate at least 7 classes that I doubt I'll even get them to 110 at this point.

the issue is not that undead cant be paladins, its that they wouldent last long before they kill themselves
    Holy light based undeads are not impossible though. We have seen them with Odyn's Val'kyr in the halls of valor. Perhaps the Forsaken could learn from Odyn's ability to create holy light infused undead like the Val'kyr.

Deleted

No it's not more difficult, they work in factors of 1000.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy light based undeads are not impossible though. We have seen them with Odyn's Val'kyr in the halls of valor. Perhaps the Forsaken could learn from Odyn's ability to create holy light infused undead like the Val'kyr. They are undead beings powered by light with the ability to enter the Shadowlands.
    they are holy spirits, not rotten flesh filled with the holy light, we allready know preist undead hurt themselves when they cast, but alot of their spells are external, where paladins are internal and would consume them to death from within over time