Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really think they can do too much aside from an expansion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So instead of adding ACTUAL content to the game, they are just adding more power creep in hopes that people are suckered in by "bigger numbers"?

Jesus Christ, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    once PoE comes to the ps4 I won't ever have a reason to play diablo 3 again really, especially when they release the solo self found league as my main issue with path of exile was the trading. God is the trading fucking awful
    Yeah, trading was a total clusterfuck, because it was all basically bartering... Which I'm terrible at. I know there are sites apparently, where you can find out what the rough price for an item is.. But I just don't care.

Also: The only thing which can save D3 for me at this point is for my Golem/Blood Drain Necro build to be both supported via sets and 100% viable.

OR

If after the Necro character pack comes out, they announce the Druid pack RIGHT away, and Druid has a set supported, totally viable werewolf build in the style of the old Fury Wolf.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Seeing as I pretty much always played Self Found anyway, I like the sound of this new league . And new expac noice...

but yeah, there is a less than 0% chance that Primal Ancients will go live the way they are now... If they do? Damn...
    They won't as they ahve stated it officially. They also mentioned they have "techincal hurdles" to overcome so defintely something new is under works. What i'd like to see? Primal items having the same stat range as Ancients but can be infused with other legendaries powers (obviously with a same item type restriction). There you have much more variety and things to farm with a simple small change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    once PoE comes to the ps4 I won't ever have a reason to play diablo 3 again really, especially when they release the solo self found league as my main issue with path of exile was the trading. God is the trading fucking awful
    Afaik it's only xbox an not ps4.

EDIT: as for classes DLC, they really may be the thing that can save the game. Since characters have a definite amount of builds available (with variants sure) and gameplay is basicallys et in stone with no changes in the future, more classes are the only real way to add interesting stuff - if Necro does good, i'm sure we can expect more on the line (Druid for sure, then who knows).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-06 at 08:58 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yeah, trading was a total clusterfuck, because it was all basically bartering... Which I'm terrible at. I know there are sites apparently, where you can find out what the rough price for an item is.. But I just don't care.

Also: The only thing which can save D3 for me at this point is for my Golem/Blood Drain Necro build to be both supported via sets and 100% viable.

OR

If after the Necro character pack comes out, they announce the Druid pack RIGHT away, and Druid has a set supported, totally viable werewolf build in the style of the old Fury Wolf.
    Not creating new sets/bonuses each season doesn't help give the seasons a fresh feeling, it's just lazy.
    I do hope necro will be fun, I'll at least try it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

EDIT: as for classes DLC, they really may be the thing that can save the game. Since characters have a definite amount of builds available (with variants sure) and gameplay is basicallys et in stone with no changes in the future, more classes are the only real way to add interesting stuff - if Necro does good, i'm sure we can expect more on the line (Druid for sure, then who knows).
    Yeah, they really fucked themselves on that front. Even if they add 3 spells per class to try and spice things up it'll have to have a legendary (or more than 1) associated with it and synergise with an existing set or have a new set made for them (which'd also mean 6-7 new set dungeons have to be made). If not, noone is gonna use them. :/

PoE self found stuff sounds pretty nice though. I always prefer self found anyway. :d

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Yeah, they really fucked themselves on that front. Even if they add 3 spells per class to try and spice things up it'll have to have a legendary (or more than 1) associated with it and synergise with an existing set or have a new set made for them (which'd also mean 6-7 new set dungeons have to be made). If not, noone is gonna use them. :/

PoE self found stuff sounds pretty nice though. I always prefer self found anyway. :d
    Imho they really need to add more sets. Lots of stuff is simply not used because there are no items nor sets supporting them.

And a disclaimer: the whole thing is caused by players themselves. D2 worked mostly because there was no need and no mean to get something on the line "BEST BUILD 892568256529+ GR FAST PARAGON".

Now everyone as soon a new video is out will pidgeonhole themselves into the freakin "meta" forgetting that it's something players have created. Sure, D3 doesn't help much with the GR system being the only viable option to progress in endgame, but build variety is definitely there. If the game is all about stacking multipliers either they need to be generic and not tied to very specific skillsets (which can be changed via more sets) or provide more items giving those multipliers to the skills currently unused (which can be obtained with more and new legendaries).

Set dungeons are unfortunately one of the things players hate - and i can cope with that because they are simply a) forcing you into gimmick builds to do them and b) some objectives are poorly designed and the direction to fix them is usually just nerfs so they become cakewalks. I'm doing them all with no haste since i want to finish the achievemnts but again they can all be trivialized by having a friend clearing stuff behind you while you focus on doing the objectives.

I think the concept of fixed dungeons with PvE encounters/fixed objectives could be expanded on. Current iteration is barebone and not interesting at all.

TL;DR: the game needs improvements. Thing is that players are mostly lazy and unable to come out with a working build different from the ones provided to them, and the game being stale makes people fossilize into already definied roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Primal items having the same stat range as Ancients but can be infused with other legendaries powers (obviously with a same item type restriction). There you have much more variety and things to farm with a simple small change.
    That could be a lot of fun, having a legendary drop with a random second legendary enchant... Imagine something like Blood Brother dropping, but also have Furnace built in... Could make some odd weapons and old setups suddenly viable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Not creating new sets/bonuses each season doesn't help give the seasons a fresh feeling, it's just lazy.
    I do hope necro will be fun, I'll at least try it for sure.
    Yeah, that doesn't help much... I'm kinda hoping that the reason Necro is taking so long is they lied, the sneaky sneaks, and in addition to all the necro based stuff that's coming in the pack, they'll be releasing one new set for every other class as well, so even if you don't buy/play the Necro, there will still potentially be new stuff for you to play, as the new set will create a new playstyle for whatever class you DO play.

As for new character packs, I'd REALLY like something that using the Combo system from the old Assassin. Where your choice Generators all generate unique resources, which can be used by your spenders to have different effects. Could be very fun.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Be right back I think I need to spew all over my wall
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

thats retarded, they should make new legendary drop have ancient stats and new ancient have primal ancient stats.

they doing the same mistake again, couple of patches later we will have 10 layers of rng to get the best gear, this idea will probebly kill diablo because really so much rng ...
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, just had a slightly crazy idea.

How about instead of Primal Ancients, call them "Perfect Ancients" and instead of having a higher stat range, they ALWAYS roll with the maximum potential stat

So say a normal Ancient can roll with 800-1000 Primary stat, then 5-10% crit chance and 40-50% crit damage.

A Perfect Ancient will ALWAYS roll with 1000 Primary, 10% Crit and 50% Crit dam.

Basically, it's an RNG way... to remove RNG! As it removes the chance of you FINALLY getting the item you want, but having it roll with terrible stats.

This would carry across to reforging as well. The stat ranges on the item would ONLY be perfect, so reforging would literally just be picking the stat you want, the value would always be 100%.

That could be a lot of fun, having a legendary drop with a random second legendary enchant... Imagine something like Blood Brother dropping, but also have Furnace built in... Could make some odd weapons and old setups suddenly viable again.
    I was thinking more abut a cube recipe or similar that reuires quite a bunch of grind and you can infuse the legendary effect of choice.

Deleted
    At this point D3 is probably in maintenance mode only run by a very small team to keep it afloat until the supposed new game comes out. And that's good, D3 is outdated and it's probably for the best that they move their focus on new projects.

That's the only reason I can think of for these lacklustre updates for the game.

A new class DLC is not mainetenance mode, and basically anything about a new project is way ahead of our schedules.

I expect to see more coming over time, if anything to use D3 as a base to test stuff to use in the future projects (like world quests, legendaries and titanforged ended to be in Legion).

The point is that they don't need to keep the game afloat with anything. It's not a sub based game. We all already gave them the money.

A new class DLC is not mainetenance mode, and basically anything about a new project is way ahead of our schedules.

I expect to see more coming over time, if anything to use D3 as a base to test stuff to use in the future projects (like world quests, legendaries and titanforged ended to be in Legion).

The point is that they don't need to keep the game afloat with anything. It's not a sub based game. We all already gave them the money.
    Some think whole Necro stuff (+cube, +new locations, +new legendaries) was supposed to be e2 of d3...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Some think whole Necro stuff (+cube, +new locations, +new legendaries) was supposed to be e2 of d3...
    I don't really think so tbh - it may have been though. The only thing we know for sure is that when the new areas (Sescheron and the forest zone) were datamined before release, all of them plus other stuff were labeled as "X2_insertnamehere". All Crusader and RoS stuff was labeled as "X1_insertnamehere" so the connection is pretty obvious. Necro stuff is nowhere to be seen so we cannot know for sure and they can easily have changed all the references by now. Cube for sure didn't have anything of that for example.

At this point, it's simply clear that the plans for D3 have rapidly changed when Vanilla bombed on so many levels and RoS drastically changed the game for the better, only to have big people of the development team to leave after a while.

To be honest, i'd like to see Necro to be successful so they can deliver multiple class DLCs for revenue and bigger future support. Though it's pretty much disheartening when the dev team has abysmal answers to players like these http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/2050...-up-24-01-2017

Communication to players is really bad unfortunately. They cannot please everyone for sure, but at least they should give use the reasoning behind their choices.

Thing is that players are mostly lazy and unable to come out with a working build different from the ones provided to them, and the game being stale makes people fossilize into already definied roles.
    This is kind of misleading.

The people put out the builds because they are leaps and bounds above the other builds. This is not a situation of finding a diamond in the rough because there is nothing really hidden. Since everything relies on legendary bonus there is nothing for these "lazy" people to even look for.

The issue largely lies with lazy developers who rely on power creep leaving them ability to balance the sets properly within 5 grs of each other. one is always 10+ ahead of the others so of course, people take the path of least resistance.

I see Nevalistis actually posted in a reddit thread that's mostly shitting on this design.
    "We're paying attention."
    Clearly, they haven't been paying attention for the last 2 fucking years.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-07 at 02:46 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Yo DAWG I heard you like RNG so we added RNG on top of RNG!"
    -Blizz
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish we could trade with friends, not guildies, just people on ur friends that u had for atleast 1/2weeks, would make it so much better.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s