Best GPS family locator for iphone?

I would like to know if anyone has good experiences they could share about family locators, such as Life360. I currently use Life360, but it seems to be pretty lousy for battery usage. I'm ok with that if that is just how all gps locators are, but I would like input if any seem better then then others for battery/functionality. Thanks.

Deleted
    Just don't get your phone stolen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can share your location with a contact/family using the built in functionality of the iPhone.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201087
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Just don't get your phone stolen.
    Helpful...in a non-helpful sort of way...you must have missed the word "family" I guess. I am looking to locate my children in the event something happened such as injury or criminal activity. I'll try to keep tabs on my phone though, just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You can share your location with a contact/family using the built in functionality of the iPhone.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201087
    Thanks, but that option is a little lacking in what I need it for. Appreciate it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just check in with Google (the location feature) or Facebook, unless you want live feedback. Live feedback will always drain your battery.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I'm familiar with is Life360. My mom uses it with my grand parents and she seems to like it but yeah I've read it can be a pretty big drain on battery life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Helpful...in a non-helpful sort of way...you must have missed the word "family" I guess. I am looking to locate my children in the event something happened such as injury or criminal activity. I'll try to keep tabs on my phone though, just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, but that option is a little lacking in what I need it for. Appreciate it though.
    Yeah, so don't get your phone stolen and it won't be you doing the tracking.

Something that's constantly on is gonna drain battery no matter what.

I would like to know if anyone has good experiences they could share about family locators, such as Life360. I currently use Life360, but it seems to be pretty lousy for battery usage. I'm ok with that if that is just how all gps locators are, but I would like input if any seem better then then others for battery/functionality. Thanks.
    get an android really, the features google has for tracking phones and ringing them from your browser or locking and wiping them are awsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the issue is lost or stollen iPhones, just use the "find my phone" feature.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2698?locale=en_US
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Most carriers offer it.

Trade in the iphone for androids and have a lot more GPS functionality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Most carriers offer it.
    Also correct. At least all major carriers have it usually have in on their website under your account settings.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Trade in the iphone for androids and have a lot more GPS functionality.
    Terrible thing about Android phones is they are worth next to nothing in couple years. At least with Apple you get a decent buy back. Unless that has changed recently. If you are leasing your phone it really does not matter I suppose.

This question would be better served asking on a mobile forum though. Not a gaming forum.

Terrible thing about Android phones is they are worth next to nothing in couple years. At least with Apple you get a decent buy back. Unless that has changed recently. If you are leasing your phone it really does not matter I suppose.

This question would be better served asking on a mobile forum though. Not a gaming forum.
    Overpay for a phone so it has a higher resell value?

- - - Updated - - -

Aldo - https://swappa.com/buy/devices/att

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Overpay for a phone so it has a higher resell value?

- - - Updated - - -

Aldo - https://swappa.com/buy/devices/att
    Guess since I have had my same carrier for nearly 20 years I don't "over pay".

Most carriers offer it.
    Yea, I have sprint for my carrier. I tried the one they offer, but I have an android phone and my daughters have iphones. So the sprint one doesn't play nice between the two types of phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    get an android really, the features google has for tracking phones and ringing them from your browser or locking and wiping them are awsome.
    Hmm, I tried googling for said features but found nothing helpful... Do you happen to know of the google feature's exact name so I can try that?

Yea, I have sprint for my carrier. I tried the one they offer, but I have an android phone and my daughters have iphones. So the sprint one doesn't play nice between the two types of phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I tried googling for said features but found nothing helpful... Do you happen to know of the google feature's exact name so I can try that?
    I literally log into google, there is a devices section of your google account in chrome, and you can ring your device, track it, remote lock it, remote wipe it.