Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, morons exist in ALL locales.
    No ones cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Ok, again, I did not say they were ignored. I am talking about the condescending attitude those who live in urban areas often have to those who live in rural areas.
    That goes both ways, but you don't see urban people electing a wannabe dictator because the rural people said mean things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, again, I did not say they were ignored. I am talking about the condescending attitude those who live in urban areas often have to those who live in rural areas.
    It's not condescension, it's reality. They have an outsized voice in government and are heavily subsidized via entitlements and SS compared to their urban counterparts.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not condescension, it's reality. They have an outsized voice in government and are heavily subsidized via entitlements and SS compared to their urban counterparts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That goes both ways,
    True
    but you don't see urban people electing a wannabe dictator because the rural people said mean things.
    but they created the scenario that caused it to happen and need to take responsibility for it.

Also people need to stop treating Trump's supporters as some homogeneous monolith. Its a hastily cobbled coalition that can be fractured apart, not have adhesive vitriol thrown on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak
    You're acting like these are mutually exclusive? Somehow?

but they created the scenario that caused it to happen and need to take responsibility for it.
    It's not their fault that the rural people are a bunch of thin skinned pussies that can dish out the insults but can't take them in turn. Though I suppose that's why the like Trump, he represents them in that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    ''Melt'' as in 4.3% of the vote.

And 11% in the poll for the local elections.

Shaking, truly shaking.

FTR, people that drone for Marine Le Pen (who have actually markedly leftist for France (!) views on economy) have you ever heard of Paul Déroulède ? Général Boulanger ? Pierre Poujade ? The Cagoule ? Charles Maurras ? They were all ''about to win and to destroy the Republic''...
    Well to be fair depending on the outcome of the primary election we may have a terrible choice to do between two nation-wide unpopular candidates on of them being Marine Le Pen...sigh.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're acting like these are mutually exclusive? Somehow?
    They are, because it shows the true reasoning for their blustering; they want a Christian Anglo monoculture where the government only benefits them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

It's not their fault that the rural people are a bunch of thin skinned pussies that can dish out the insults but can't take them in turn. Though I suppose that's why the like Trump, he represents them in that way.
    If you treat them as a single entity with such outright contempt you can't really fault them for turning away and right into the arms of someone like Trump.

If person A walks up and says "You are a stupid whiny moron." and person B walks up and says "That Person A, total loser, I want to make your life great again!" who the fuck do you think they're going to listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak
    They are, because it shows the true reasoning for their blustering; they want a Christian Anglo monoculture where the government only benefits them.
    But how does this mean they can't be treated with condescension? You are, by assuming they all want the same thing, and all Trump supporters voted for him for the same reasons. This is wrong-headed, and therefore detrimental to the objective.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-02-06 at 10:07 PM.

Lol, she looks like an Aussie version of the American Oragutang.
    And those poll numbers.. ye not so GREAT.
    Australia, turned up on my radar, wathing those those idiot border patrol shows, yeah sorry I like watching that shit.
    You guys are just, if not more, as paranoid about stuff, be it human or cargo entering your precious country, as the US.
    It's funny to me, a regular european white guy, how you manage so much hate.
    I guess living in the outback and having noone but your sister to fuck within 1200 miles will create people of this type.
    Idiots, and more idiots, omg if there was a God he would strike ye down!!!

If you treat them as a single entity with such outright contempt you can't really fault them for turning away and right into the arms of someone like Trump.

If person A walks up and says "You are a stupid whiny moron." and person B walks up and says "That Person A, total loser, I want to make your life great again!" who the fuck do you think they're going to listen to?
    They're basically cheering at Trump's direct threats to my state, so they can go fuck off.

That is a HUGE picture! I opened this thread and literally jumped, like it was one of those peaceful videos that try to lure you in to a false sense of security only to have some crazy demon-head lunge at you. I think it's because the entire page loaded except for images and then POP, she was here. No warning, man, no warning.

So, anyways, I see you referred to her as the "next leader of Australia". Is that a serious statement? I've been reading some other info that's fairly conflicting.

They're basically cheering at Trump's direct threats to my state, so they can go fuck off.
    Trump is a direct threat to every state and we're all in this together at this point. Do you think its better to try and turn people away from him or hammer his base together with insults?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Supporting Trump today is the best way to become unelectable. Good luck to her.
    This is a joke right? I mean he single handily crushed the souls of all on the political left and took the senate with him. I could be wrong but the Democrats have less power than I can ever remember in history. Everyone so far that has opposed him has lost, including 16 of the GOP greatest, but yea alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    At least it's not about Hitler's penis or sexual harassment advice.
    Hey man, I never promised anyone that all of my threads would be a home run.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    The probable main reason that people like Trump, Hanson and so on is that people are starting to get sick and tired of the professional politician who promise everything to win and then renege on those promises when they do win..
    More likely when reporters report (and other parties or politicians comment on) on a given political party or politician they need a story and so they make it sound like said politician reneged on promises despite the promises being intents and often the reason it never happened was that it proved impossible to get majority backing for the idea.

Then because the reporting is sheite hate for politicians breeds, malcontent and discontent breeds and from there it just keeps going downhill

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    SO someone break down Australia for me: What would be Australia's good regions (Red Areas) and which are the evil regions that hate white males, hate people who want to keep the money they earn, and want criminals running around burning and breaking windows? (Blue Areas)
    Red areas in Australia are Labor party, blue is Liberal Party, green is national party (allies with Liberal Party), minor parties and what not, cbf'ed checking.

The electorates are generally for the House of reps (lower house) and the senate is for the state. However we can choose who becomes senators for the states. Though we tend to vote in the party. It is a weird and silly system where someone who gets less than 1% of the votes can get a seat in the senate. E.g. Ricky Muir back in 2013 - 2016.

Saying that, it is hard to say which 'region' is which. The electorate i'm in is a labor safe seat. Generally labor MP's or independents get my seat. During the by-election for my electorate last year, the liberals didn't even bother putting up a person. Wollongong's Mayor is an independent.

The system we have prevents people like Pauline Hanson from becoming PM as you need over 76 seats to form a majority government. One Nation Party simply does not have the numbers to get all those seats. Instead the minor parties and independents try to get into the senate and get hold of the balance of power, even if they have no idea what it means (see Ricky Muir)
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2017-02-07 at 05:35 AM.

Trump is a direct threat to every state and we're all in this together at this point. Do you think its better to try and turn people away from him or hammer his base together with insults?
    It seems clear from the last few posts of yours that you don't support Trump. I really appreciate that fact that you understand what's really going on though. The left in general doesn't seem to realize that their strategy for "resisting" is doing the opposite. It's driving more and more people to Trump.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    as an australian , i can't believe we got just as many stupid people as in the us . We don't need a ginger trump , she should go back to her bloody fish n chips shop in ipswich and stay out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    as an australian , i can't believe we got just as many stupid people as in the us . We don't need a ginger trump , she should go back to her bloody fish n chips shop in ipswich and stay out of politics.
    She can't even handle satire. Remember when she sued Pauline Pantsdown and won?

If you can't handle political satire, get out of politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Too bad Tony Abbot is not PM now, I wanted to see him try and shirtfront Trump and see his reaction.
    Are you kidding? Abbot wouldn't be able to stuff Trump's cock in his mouth fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.