Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reading the OP article it doesn't say Trump will end it, it mentions that there are rumors of changes coming to the program. The thread title is verging on fake news.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Most of the discussion seems tech focused, but a fair number of physicians are on H1Bs as well. And if we need less of anything in this country, its doctors amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/31/tech...ech-companies/

Another move by Trump to put Americans first is to end the H1B visa program. This will free up many good jobs, mostly in tech, and send many foreigners back.

#Americafirst
    I wouldn't trust cnn anymore, but fact is that the company I used to work with had lets say more than 50% of "foreigners". They just gonna move from SF to Toronto and thats it easy fix.

There were plenty of job that Americans couldn't fill mostly due to education and skillset, so good luck.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    And those intellectuals from other countries will love the freedom and transparency they experience in China.
    If USA is not longer an option, they will move elsewhere and every country with more common sense than Trump will roll out a red carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It simply isn't true that temporary foreign workers are ideal for long-term innovation. For that we offer citizenship for good candidates.
    So you ignore the posts that refute your argument so you can repeat said argument? Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah Indian American citizens are successful but you're claiming most came from H1B as opposed to being obviously good immigration candidates?
    Either way its a net win.

Im not against the program as long as its not designed ir used to replace Americans

They are the type of immigrants we should be encouraging. Any culture that values education and family vslues are good to me.

There's a reason you dont see them at BLM protests. They actually have jobs and understand that to he successful in this country you just have to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    Most of the discussion seems tech focused, but a fair number of physicians are on H1Bs as well. And if we need less of anything in this country, its doctors amirite?
    Well it's the tech companies that abuse the system. Mark Zuckerberg was trying to get a bill passed that would triple the H1Bs.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/23/tech...reform/?iid=EL

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Why do you think such a program exist, it's because U.S does not produce enough highly skill worker in tech and other industry... it was also there to prevent outsourcing...
    Because the way they want to push people away from a specific area like Tech and other trade skills and want them all to go to a 4 year college and go further in debt and not have anything to show for it but an Art degree that is useless. If they put incentives for people to specialize and go to school for cheap or free if they go into a specific field, there would be a huge rush of people.

I mean it's a clear fact that companies utilize the H1b visa to get highly skilled employees that they can exploit in order to decrease their labor expense without reducing productivity.

It's a simple fact. Every single financial statement that has H1b visa employees running through their salary line reflects this in every single American company, from hospitals to tech companies.

I don't understand where the argument is here.

We should take a hit in order to invest in our college grads and youth and push people away from doing more school and more debt, to getting into actual work and learning there. Now, we have to have an MBA to compete with a guy from India who is accepted at a lower base pay.

...lol.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2017-02-07 at 05:45 PM.

And so begins the brain drain.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And so begins the brain drain.
    You mean, so ends the brain drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You mean, so ends the brain drain.
    I don't understand where the argument is here.
    The only right thing you said. How on earth is ending H1B visas ending the brain drain? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Either way its a net win.

Im not against the program as long as its not designed ir used to replace Americans

They are the type of immigrants we should be encouraging. Any culture that values education and family vslues are good to me.

There's a reason you dont see them at BLM protests. They actually have jobs and understand that to he successful in this country you just have to work.
    It isn't just Indians though, on average immigrants who went through the US legal channels should be better off than the average citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should take a hit in order to invest in our college grads and youth and push people away from doing more school and more debt, to getting into actual work and learning there. Now, we have to have an MBA to compete with a guy from India who is accepted at a lower base pay.

...lol.
    Lower pay sure but that guy from India is usually a higher quality worker than an American one. They're coming in with more skill sets and don't require as much training.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Reading the OP article it doesn't say Trump will end it, it mentions that there are rumors of changes coming to the program. The thread title is verging on fake news.
    #alternativefacts

Remember when the line was "I have no problem with legal immigration"?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    As opposed to the freedom and transparency under Putin, or Trump?
    Ya, Putin and Xi would love rabid protests in airports and campuses. /s

False equivocation never does anybody good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    For citizen candidates, don't conflate that with illegals and temporary foreign workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I actually forgot, because I didn't buy the bullshit to begin with unlike the "look for every possible scapegoat reasons to argue against immigrants except mentioning they are immigrants" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Lower pay sure but that guy from India is usually a higher quality worker than an American one. They're coming in with more skill sets and don't require as much training.
    Yes, I know. This is why no effort is made in investing in our graduates/schools. We have a pool of highly qualified, underpaid workers to select from.