Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Garrosh brings heart of Y'shaarj back to life using the pools of Pandaria. Fortunately, the whole God isn't resurrected. (DaveKosak)
    just what i was looking for, ty
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still very hopeful we will see C'thun and Yogg Saron again. I don't honestly think we killed them in a weakened or imprisoned state due to the lack of fall out which followed after.

When the titans killed Y'Shaarj the destruction and death rattle was catastrophic causing the well of eternity, this is why I believe we haven't seen the last of the remaining three.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I am still very hopeful we will see C'thun and Yogg Saron again. I don't honestly think we killed them in a weakened or imprisoned state due to the lack of fall out which followed after.

When the titans killed Y'Shaarj the destruction and death rattle was catastrophic causing the well of eternity, this is why I believe we haven't seen the last of the remaining three.
    The well of eternity was created because he was ripped from the surface and his last breath cursed the land, C'thun's corpse still whispers and if the events in Ulduar at the beginning of legion is any indication yogg's corruption is still around there as well. So there is a good chance they are dead, ever since chronicle was introduced they became basically the equivalent of titan keepers for the void lords, so don't expect them to be extremely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so explain yash's heart?

- - - Updated - - -

and his heart?
    Much like the skull of guldan the heart held a fragment of the dread gods power. Which garrosh fully and quickly exhausted entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

We destroyed cthun and yogg from the inside. Yasharraj was the strongest and was literally ripped FULLY out and squished in the planets sky. Its no surprise there is no similar effect from the other 2

and his heart?
    A "living" heart does not equal the full being.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    A "living" heart does not equal the full being.
    i would still consider a living heart to be the old god being alive as hes still very much able to corrupt and do shit , but confirmed yash is now completly dead, nothing is left and his corruption will fade
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The well of eternity was created because he was ripped from the surface and his last breath cursed the land, C'thun's corpse still whispers and if the events in Ulduar at the beginning of legion is any indication yogg's corruption is still around there as well. So there is a good chance they are dead, ever since chronicle was introduced they became basically the equivalent of titan keepers for the void lords, so don't expect them to be extremely powerful.
    Really ruins them for me. Originally the Old Gods were considered to be the strongest beings at full power due to speculation. Yes Sargeras was considered the final boss of WoW, but the fact that these guys had an ever lingering presence and threat to always return was always such a threat. Now we got these random Void Lords that just seem a tad boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It fits in with the Lovecraft inspiration. Cthulhu is inconceivably powerful to mortals, yet even he is less than a dog to some other cosmic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Really ruins them for me. Originally the Old Gods were considered to be the strongest beings at full power due to speculation. Yes Sargeras was considered the final boss of WoW, but the fact that these guys had an ever lingering presence and threat to always return was always such a threat. Now we got these random Void Lords that just seem a tad boring.
    There is a lot of mystery around the void lords, if blizz plays it right then they could be really cool with that oldschool old god vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I must say I'm a bit disappointed in how the Old God Lore turned out. Largely because they aren't as strong as we thought they were. Apparently Sargeras and Aman'thul could wreck them with no problem. That kind of urks me.

Before we knew much about the Old Gods what we did know was that there were four to five of them, and it took the entire Pantheon to defeat them. That would tell us one Old God at it's full power was far more powerful then a Titan.

I mean when we take down C'thun and Yogg we would say to ourselves "They weren't at full power" or "We pretty much killed the tip of their pinky". It seems like they are only a tad stronger then Keepers like Odyn. Last I checked we owned just about every keeper so far, (Odyn was sandbagging I guess). So maybe we took down two Old Gods with more power then we thought.

The Old God's have been pulling strings from behind the scenes for ages corrupting amazing demi-gods like Azshara and Deathwing and it turns out this whole time they themselves are just pawns of these Void Lords? Now they are supposed to be physical manifestations of void lords or something. And the idea of Void Lords themselves as this new over arching villain is cool.

But the fact that everything is now so connected kinda ruins the aloof chaotic nature of the Old Gods that held no true purpose. I would have rathered the Old Gods be a separate entity entirely from the Void Lords, that just like always are just lurking in the backgrounds biding their time and screwing everyone over, because they're powerful enough to do so.

Whispering
    Their lore kind of has been "ruined" for some time. If you give something a health bar, it loses a lot of the Lovecraftian aspect.

As said before, a lot of what kept them interesting was the mistery. We knew very little about them, now we know a lot.
    Except for N'zoth. He is the one old god who is still very misterious. Where is he imprisioned? Who are his followers? When will he break free, and how?
    And then came those whispers.
    Five keys to open our way, five torches to light our path. The king of diamonds has been made a pawn. At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.
    More questions. More mistery. The old gods are still interesting, for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus we see something of Yogg Saron respawning in one of the quarries in Icecrown and what is directly below ICC itself.

Blizzard said themselves they wished they spent more time making the connection between Yogg Saron and the Lich King clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    There is a lot of mystery around the void lords, if blizz plays it right then they could be really cool with that oldschool old god vibe.
    The thing is to my knowledge Void Lords are just seem to be larger versions of those Void Guards we see those Warlocks lug around. We beat on those things all the time.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really enjoy all the new Lore about the Void and Old Gods that has been coming out more and more recently.

"Who watches the Watchers in the Dark"

Look, people:

The Old Gods have ALWAYS been weaker than the titans. What Krasus said during the WOTA was hyperbole. Besides, I find the Void Lords More Or less like The Outer Gods, than I do With the Old Gods (AKA Their Avatars).

Also, ALL of the Old Gods We've killed so far, ARE DEAD! Blizzard even said that in a tweet. (Not even going to Ask AquaMonkey For the tweet).

Also, An Old Gods Heart is just a left over presence of an old god, it doesn't mean that it's still alive. For all we know, Y'sharrj might've lost all of his energy, even though his heart was still pumping...barely...

But, from what lore states, ALL THE OLD GODS ARE DEAD EXCEPT FOR N'ZOTH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Plus we see something of Yogg Saron respawning in one of the quarries in Icecrown and what is directly below ICC itself.

Blizzard said themselves they wished they spent more time making the connection between Yogg Saron and the Lich King clearer.
    Is that thing in the quarry near the Shadow Vault actually part of Yogg-Saron or just some random graphical weirdness? I always did wonder about that, as it looks a lot like part of C'thun than it does any part of Yogg-Saron.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Is that thing in the quarry near the Shadow Vault actually part of Yogg-Saron or just some random graphical weirdness? I always did wonder about that, as it looks a lot like part of C'thun than it does any part of Yogg-Saron.
    I always thought it was the remains of the forgotten one Arthas and Anub'arak kill just as they exit Azjol'Nerub on the Icecrown side

10+ Year Old Account
    i would still consider a living heart to be the old god being alive as hes still very much able to corrupt and do shit , but confirmed yash is now completly dead, nothing is left and his corruption will fade
    The reason the other can whisper as well, is that their corpses still corrupt around them and are very much autonomous. The three Old Gods are dead, but even as Yoggy himself says, his corpse will fester and corrupt, hence the whispering in Ulduar and the minions that still serve.

Our power relative to the lore is something that really pushed me away from Warcraft. Old Gods were once very unclear in regards to how powerful, and how many existed. The direction they went in more recently made them somewhat harmless in the grand scheme of things. They are easily killed by titans, their physical forms vanquished, and the fifth nearly discarded altogether. While I'm not writing off C'thun or Yogg as completely gone, it's still a little disappointing that something that had so much discussion over the years was reduced to "Y'Shaarj is already dead, C'thun and Yogg or basely gone for good and N'zoth doesn't really matter with the strength you have now".

It's not just the old gods though. I'm still bitter that Archimonde was just pushed off like that. WC3 and BC depicted them in a stronger light in my eyes and to see them reduced to being overpowered without any sort of plot device is jarring. The titans? Completely destroyed. Aggramar? Dead. At that point, it's hard to take any kind of 'power level' seriously anymore.

With both the Eredar lords and the Old Gods, it seemed like you could always argue "well, he was attempting to pull himself through the portal" or "well, that was just a fraction of his physical form made material". Now it seems like we'll suddenly be able to handle any problem regardless of how it was depicted prior.

While lore on all of this was sparse, Blizzard always seemed to depict them in the game in a way that made them seem as if their full strength was still well above their own. At some point, it feels like Blizzard just gave up on that and said "no, you can kill these forces with your current power"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Can somebody link me to an explanation of this whole old god / void lord / whatever stuff? Is this from a novel or something? There's so much lore I'm clearly missing out on as I have no idea what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Can somebody link me to an explanation of this whole old god / void lord / whatever stuff? Is this from a novel or something? There's so much lore I'm clearly missing out on as I have no idea what's going on.
    "Warcraft Chronicles:Volume 1". Thats all you need.