Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I doubt it. For one, Radcliffe said "other", not "otherS", so there's only one more LMD beyond May. For two, I really don't want the show to turn into Battlestar Galactica "who's the secret LMD" nonsense. Especially since Step 1 after finding May and Radcliffe is gonna be "let's cut everyone to see if they're mechanical or not".
    Right, but he made it sound like the other was already inside S.H.I.E.L.D. as a contingency plan; LMD Radcliffe wasn't in S.H.I.E.L.D. and even if he was he'd not be an alternative option for getting the Darkhold. It has to be someone who could.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Right, but he made it sound like the other was already inside S.H.I.E.L.D. as a contingency plan; LMD Radcliffe wasn't in S.H.I.E.L.D. and even if he was he'd not be an alternative option for getting the Darkhold. It has to be someone who could.
    You know, I thought that at first, but I went back and re-checked their dialogue:
    Radcliffe: Our May Life Model Decoy should get us the Darkhold eventually. And if something goes wrong... then we have our safety net.
    Ada: You're referring to the other android now in operation.
    Radcliffe: Yes. Our second LMD.
    That doesn't sound like they have a second LMD inside S.H.I.E.L.D.; that sounds like he has a second LMD to act as a safety net in case something goes wrong with their entire plan. A safety net to save Radcliffe, not a back-up plan to get the Darkhold. And something did go wrong: Fitz figured out what Radcliffe was up to, and S.H.I.E.L.D. captured him. Except due to his safety net of his own LMD, he escaped.

And he still has May in place to get him the Darkhold, so his original plan continues.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-01-27 at 06:18 PM.

Now, this is the kind of episode I've been waiting for.

I like how LMD-Radcliffe discusses the origin of souls and whether or not an LMD could have one, followed by the discovery that LMD-Radcliffe has a fully-functional hard-light brain, bringing into question whether or not he is actually conscious/sentient in his own right... and then they just incinerate him anyway.

Especially odd decision since LMD-Radcliffe would be more likely to know where May is than LMD-May.

Holy shit, that twist at the beginning.

And the ending gave me some serious Caprica flashbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, that scene right near the start of yesterday's episode, where they're testing the new LMD detector, and it gets triggered when a lady walks in with some clothes on a hangar? I would lay solid money that woman's an LMD spy. Because otherwise, that's a hugely wasted opportunity for some delicious irony.

Oh, Radcliffe. Someone needs to tell him that making a copy of someone's mind and then killing the original isn't the same as granting the original immortality.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, that scene right near the start of yesterday's episode, where they're testing the new LMD detector, and it gets triggered when a lady walks in with some clothes on a hangar? I would lay solid money that woman's an LMD spy. Because otherwise, that's a hugely wasted opportunity for some delicious irony.
    Doubt it. Scene was probably set up to show the new LMD detector, but since no LMDs are present they used a slight malfunction to show how it works. That way the audience knows there's a working LMD detector in the facility and can recognize it when it inevitably happens for real.

The woman was an extra. We'll likely never see her again and if we do it'll be in the background.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Doubt it. Scene was probably set up to show the new LMD detector, but since no LMDs are present they used a slight malfunction to show how it works. That way the audience knows there's a working LMD detector in the facility and can recognize it when it inevitably happens for real.

The woman was an extra. We'll likely never see her again and if we do it'll be in the background.
    That bit in bold isn't something you can possibly know, not unless they specifically examined that lady, which they didn't. If they had, and cleared her, THAT would have shown it was a glitch, instead they ASSUMED it was. And assumptions are how you get LMD spies.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That bit in bold isn't something you can possibly know, not unless they specifically examined that lady, which they didn't. If they had, and cleared her, THAT would have shown it was a glitch, instead they ASSUMED it was. And assumptions are how you get LMD spies.
    What I mean is to their knowledge there isn't anything present since they destroyed the remaining known LMDs so they didn't have any to test the system with.

Point is they used an extra to carry the clothes. There isn't much reason to make some random extra an LMD because they won't stick around for the plot unless the plot is that every single person in SHIELD except for a select few were LMDs (which would be dumb).

They likely weren't trying to hint at the extra being an LMD at all. All SHIELD agents were likely checked off-scene after last weeks incident. You're just looking too far into it.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

What I mean is to their knowledge there isn't anything present since they destroyed the remaining known LMDs so they didn't have any to test the system with.
    LMD-May says hi.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    LMD-May says hi.
    That's right. They didn't destroy LMD-May did they?

Either way. I still doubt the extra is an LMD. The scene was too insignificant and would be too obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's right. They didn't destroy LMD-May did they?

Either way. I still doubt the extra is an LMD. The scene was too insignificant and would be too obvious.
    Same could be said of a lot of little things in the first half of Season 1. None of which meant anything until the reveal of Ward being Hydra all along.

Just saying; it wouldn't be the first time they dropped something like that in with long-term purpose.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same could be said of a lot of little things in the first half of Season 1. None of which meant anything until the reveal of Ward being Hydra all along.

Just saying; it wouldn't be the first time they dropped something like that in with long-term purpose.
    But you're comparing small things that happened to meaningful characters. It's not the same as a tiny thing that happened to an extra. It's an extra. Name one time in this show's history where a meaningless extra ends up being a huge part of the plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you're comparing small things that happened to meaningful characters. It's not the same as a tiny thing that happened to an extra. It's an extra. Name one time in this show's history where a meaningless extra ends up being a huge part of the plot.
    Don't look at it as "a small thing that happened to an extra". It happened to FITZ, who was right there and waved her through despite the detector going off.

And we really can't say the lady's an "extra" that easily. She didn't look like anyone special, but that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't even mean she'll have a ton of screen time when she's revealed, either; she may have gotten in to set up a wiretap or the like and then left and never came back.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look at it as "a small thing that happened to an extra". It happened to FITZ, who was right there and waved her through despite the detector going off.

And we really can't say the lady's an "extra" that easily. She didn't look like anyone special, but that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't even mean she'll have a ton of screen time when she's revealed, either; she may have gotten in to set up a wiretap or the like and then left and never came back.
    She's an extra. No extra has turned into a major or even a minor character in this show. I don't even think she's credited for that matter.

Best case scenario the scene was hinting at something regarding the detector. Don't think it has anything to do with the extra being an LMD.

It's strange nothing seemed to have impacted the Russian dude at all if he read the whole Darkhold. Didn't it freak everybody else out once they opened it?

I don't get it, why not upload her into Aida 2.0's body? Or, he wants to do that later and Aida will object...

The russian is a cartoon villain at this point... so evil that the Darkhold doesn't really do anything to him. And ambushing Shield when they had no 'marine' support, what the hell.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-08 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I don't get it, why not upload her into Aida 2.0's body? Or, he wants to do that later and Aida will object...
    If he did that, then he'd have a copy of Agnes Kitsworth's mind inside a super-strong android body that was aware that he "cured" the original Agnes by murdering her after making a backup copy.

Surely he could program a 'no-harm' directive into her (like May) or limit her strength. Not cool, I know, but she'd be 'alive'. She already took a leap of faith. She knew her body was a goner.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-08 at 11:29 PM.