Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Republicans have just no clue how to handle her and it's getting embarrassing. Stop giving the progressive ammunition for fucks sake by jousting with her. Mitch McConnell might as well have just written her a $20 million check.
    Maybe we can call ol' pasty-face Mitch and see if he needs a spin doctor to set him straight? You'd probably fit right in.

Except it was hardly a mistake, it was likely a spur of the moment decision to push their agenda of shutting down dissent and opposition at every chance and hit the ground running. I've posted elsewhere that this is just the beginning of more to come from the Trump fascists.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too,” Bannon told writer Ronald Radosh in 2013. “I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

They're not worried much about the fallout at this point since right now they hold the cards in three branches and many statehouses. Already they're trying to criminalize protest and dissent in many states (further links if you want them).
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-02-09 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Maybe we can call ol' pasty-face Mitch and see if he needs a spin doctor to set him straight? You'd probably fit right in.

Except it was hardly a mistake, it was likely a spur of the moment decision to push their agenda of shutting down dissent and opposition at every chance and hit the ground running. I've posted elsewhere that this is just the beginning of more to come from the Trump fascists.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too,” Bannon told writer Ronald Radosh in 2013. “I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

They're not worried much about the fallout at this point since right now they hold the cards in three branches and many statehouses. Already they're trying to criminalize protest and dissent in many states (further links if you want them).
    I think the Bannons and the McConnells of the world have some rather different goals. Mitch McConnell (and Paul Ryan) are very establishment, and all of the flaws that entails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I think the Bannons and the McConnells of the world have some rather different goals. Mitch McConnell (and Paul Ryan) are very establishment, and all of the flaws that entails.
    McConnell and Ryan are establishment, but they're also pretty far right. They aren't going to hop off the Trump crazy wagon until or unless it becomes completely untenable. Meanwhile they'll do everything they can to push the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Oh, please. Sanders bailed out when he realized he lost. There wasn't any stupidity, or any conspiracy: Sanders plain lost the race.

Seriously, a lot of Sanders' supporters are much like Trumpists, denying reality and playing victims every time their candidate isn't shown in a good light. I've watched most of the Daily Show with Trevor Noah videos on Youtube, and under each video in which Sanders and Clinton were both present, in the comments a lot of people were like, "Trevor is a sold-out", "You should have bashed Hillary, instead of ridiculing Bernie" and such, even though objectively he grilled Hillary just as much as Bernie .

Populism... populism never changes. Populists don't win on a solid intelligent platform, they win on feelings and tribalism. And even though Sanders himself spoke openly against tribalism many times, not all of his supporters got the message, apparently.

---

And no, there is no evidence that Sanders would have done any better against Trump. There were polls, sure, but, as we saw on the election day, polls can be deceiving. If Sanders had run against Trump and lost - who would you blame then?
    Maybe the fact that Sanders is actually likable. Why is that so freaking hard to understand? Throwing mud at someone who has that quality doesn't stick like it does to unlikable candidates.

You Hillary supporters are full delusional. Yeah polls aren't accurate but when they show someone doing 8 or so percentage points better in the general and the election loss coming down to 3 states that traditionally vote Democrat then maybe you should try taking your blinders off for a minute.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-02-09 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Maybe the fact that Sanders is actually likable. Why is that so freaking hard to understand? Throwing mud at someone who has that quality doesn't stick like it does to unlikable candidates.

You Hillary supporters are full delusional. Yeah polls aren't actuate but when they show someone doing 8 or so percentage points better in the general and the election coming down to 3 states that traditionally vote Democrat then maybe you should try taking your blinders off for a minute.
    What does it matter whether he is likable? We aren't talking about getting the Democrat candidate to win at any cost, regardless of who he/she is - we are talking about choosing the best presidential candidate. Bernie lost the primaries, because, apparently, more Democrats liked Hillary than him. It doesn't matter what the polls showed at the time, Sanders hadn't even had a single debate with Trump - it is not clear how well he would have done against the bully. What matters is, he lost the primaries. That's it, that's gg.

I am not a Hillary supporter, I just think she was the best, the most rational candidate among the Democrat ones. Sanders is a populist, there isn't much depth in his policies, only loud slogans. Same as Trump, except with much more brains, knowledge and experience. Are you telling me that people like me should have preferred Bernie, rather than Hillary, even if we don't like him - just because he was a Democrat too and had a higher chance to beat Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    McConnell and Ryan are establishment, but they're also pretty far right. They aren't going to hop off the Trump crazy wagon until or unless it becomes completely untenable. Meanwhile they'll do everything they can to push the agenda.
    They'll stay on the Trump train as long as it's expedient, but I think it's also fair to say that they find Trump's antics (and some of his policies) exasperating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    Oh you're absolutely right, It's not like I have any qualifications or experience in the field of psychiatry whatsoever so my sincerest apologies .

It's adorable how you accuse others of being obsessed with Trump yet use the same soundbites from him regarding senator Warren. Her ancestry was never proven to be false and no proof was found that she ever marked a form to tell the schools about her heritage, nor any public evidence that the universities knew about her lineage before hiring her.
    Lol trumps soundbites? People have ripped warren for her lies before trump even announced he was thinking of running for president, but here you go fella.

There isn't a scintilla of Native American blood in Warren. The Atlantic committed a random act of journalism in 2012 and found that Warren is not eligible to be listed as a member of a Cherokee tribe

If you don't like that like just do a simple search for elizabeth warren lies about native american heritage, there's dozens of articles about it. So much for trump soundbites fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The rule shouldn't apply for a confirmation hearing for a cabinet position. Sessions isn't there as a senator, he's there as a nominee. Criticisms have to be allowed for a hearing and it's ridiculous that it wasn't. It wasn't even her words.

Seems like a stretch and an abuse of the rules to shut her up.
    I actually tend to agree that the rule exists so that you can't attack the other people debating, and that someone being voted on who also happens to be a Senator is kind of a loophole.

Still, she went straight for that race card even though there really isn't much evidence to that point, and then started trying to use identity politics to validate the quote, because if the quote is bullcrap I don't care who the hell said it. Though it would seem prudent to shut up anyone using that tactic rather than simply the times its used against Senators.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Elizabeth Warren would have ran for president. It really makes me angry that the democrats decided to anoint Hillary the nominee the way they did. It cost us a lot. There's no telling how much damage Trump and his cohorts will be able to do over the next 4-8 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    They'll stay on the Trump train as long as it's expedient, but I think it's also fair to say that they find Trump's antics (and some of his policies) exasperating.
    Sure but what do they care, as long as they can gut social programs, privatize and deregulate everything in sight, get more money and tax breaks for the MIC and their corporate masters? Tolerating a Trump or a Bush is just part of another day at the office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I wish Elizabeth Warren would have ran for president. It really makes me angry that the democrats decided to anoint Hillary the nominee the way they did. It cost us a lot. There's no telling how much damage Trump and his cohorts will be able to do over the next 4-8 years.
    They really just should make the primaries determine both the presidential and the VP candidate: the winner becomes the presidential candidate, and the one taking the 2nd place becomes the VP candidate. In this case, then Hillary and Bernie would be running together, which, I guess, would please almost everyone supporting either of them; or, if Warren replaced Hillary or Bernie, it would also be a powerful combo.

I've never understood why the presidential candidates tend to choose such marginal VPs. I mean, no one even knew who Pence and Kaine were before these elections. Why not pick someone who has a significant popularity in the country?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warren should be thanking the GOP for the gift they gave her.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    They really just should make the primaries determine both the presidential and the VP candidate: the winner becomes the presidential candidate, and the one taking the 2nd place becomes the VP candidate. In this case, then Hillary and Bernie would be running together, which, I guess, would please almost everyone supporting either of them; or, if Warren replaced Hillary or Bernie, it would also be a powerful combo.

I've never understood why the presidential candidates tend to choose such marginal VPs. I mean, no one even knew who Pence and Kaine were before these elections. Why not pick someone who has a significant popularity in the country?
    Both were actually pretty crucial in securing votes from certain groups. Pence was the RNC's answer to the evangelical right's demands for representation and ensured Trump could get their vote. Kaine on the other hand was actually a bit to the left of Hillary and was/is a political celebrity in the state of Virginia which was shaping up to be a crucial swing state itself. Kaine is arguably what eeked out her win there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Your source is CNN so it's automatically biased.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sessions was confirmed, so it does not matter. :P The Democrats are in panic mode now. Like screaming and kicking as they keep failing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Just got proof she was targeted by Republicans. Lindsey Graham admitted she needed to be shut down

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/politi...ren/index.html
    The right-wingers keep finding new lows.

I wonder how long it will be until they bottom out?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sessions was confirmed, so it does not matter. :P The Democrats are in panic mode now. Like screaming and kicking as they keep failing.
    I'm not sure what you mean? Panic mode? Devos was the only person they thought they could stop and even then they weren't confident.

They aren't in a panic and they aren't kicking and screaming any more than republicans did when they listened to their constituents. Democrats have started demanding their representatives grow a spine and it seems like they are starting to in the senate. They don't expect to really stop anything, they just want to avoid getting primaried by contenders from the left the way some republicans did with the Tea Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Why? They knew they couldn't stop him. They ended up coming out better than expected thanks to McConnel.

Besides, he's not the first racist on Trump's team. Just giving Bannon some company.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why? They knew they couldn't stop him. They ended up coming out better than expected thanks to McConnel.

Besides, he's not the first racist on Trump's team. Just giving Bannon some company.
    We shall see come 2018 when the congressional election are held with the democrats having many seats up for reelection in states Trump won. Right now they are acting like kids who have not got their way imo. To me they seemed to have ignored why he won the states they normally win.