Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Still waiting for krosus wiping half raid when he crashes bridge
    This is going to be a good day.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    You can't be vote kicked in combat, cool story though.
    You can kick in combat, u have been for a good while, think it was either late mop or early wod.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It happens sometimes. The difference between even a minimally organized raid group and an LFR group is pretty significant. Over the years there have been plenty of LFR bosses that felt more difficult than normal bosses, not because of the boss so much, but because of the nature of LFR. That goes away after a while but the first couple of weeks often feel like this. I still and will always believe that Blizzard could do more with their raid warning system to advise people on what to do. Teaching people, even just a tiny bit, is better than what it is now. But, not my problem. I go through LFR wings exactly once and then am done with the raid.
    I agree, Blizzard really needs to fix up their in game raid warning system and I wish they'd use FFXIV's bright ground texture move warnings instead of trying to be cute with hard to see particle effects and other hard to see ground graphics. FFXIV does use some custom particle effects as well but they're much easier to see still.

That's one thing I like about Asian MMOs, they have more stuff to dodge (players have more dodge moves and invincibility frames to use though) that will one shot you but they give you a great warning system that's easy to see and understand.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Well, yes it is actually. It's hidden away in the menu bar. I doubt very many know it's even there. It's mostly text - LFR is about zerging, so it's not easy to find the relevant info before the boss is pulled.

They should move the short description of each role into the quest log window - so it would 'pop' on the screen when you need it, much like world quests do.
    The game should have better in-game prompting for dangerous abilities (it's been getting better lately, so well done Blizzard).

There are many ways the experience could be improved. Dungeon Journal is definitely one of those things.
    It's not actually hidden away. All you need to do is open the map and click on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Still waiting for krosus wiping half raid when he crashes bridge
    I didn't look up on which bosses would be in which wing, so I did the 2nd wing because yay krosus

...blizzard ruined my day by putting him in the 3rd wing
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I'm getting very sick of enrage timers in Nighthold, almost all of them are overtuned and repeatedly dying to "lol Big Bang" in LFR isn't my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    If you're actively going afk, plenty of us will call you out and vote to kick you; plain and simple. In my observations, the visceral feelings over LFR come from people who do this stuff because they "think" everybody else is doing it. To quote a friend, that's an iss'you'.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, having people pull trash to the spawn point between augur/bot was poison and killed the raid (literally and metaphorically) because new players would come in, die instantly, and leave.
    The way to fix that is every time someone gets the bomb, say "If you start pulsing like a bomb, get away from people." and they'll eventually figure it out.

This is why LFR is amazing. You get to see the raids very easily, you get loot and you get tons of hilarious entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    It's not actually hidden away. All you need to do is open the map and click on the boss.
    Thar's even more hidden. It should be automatic, like those talking heads

I as well prefer the MoP style of LFR. The biggest gripes would be giant bug with people trolling the group so it would do the slam thing all the time. As well, durumu granted that was mostly due to the maze being really hard to see. My group got to that boss late on normal so it was right around the same time it came out on LFR (Horridon 10 was a bit difficult for our comp). Other then that LFR back then was in a good place. Tier for when it wouldn't drop in normal or heroic, and trinkets that some where good. Except the trinket off lei shen the crit one the LFR version was just bad.

Honestly haven't tried the new wing yet just haven't had time to do so yet, but it seems like it really depends on your group whether it will go smoothly on this one boss or not. If the tanks know what they are doing then it should be no problem what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Too bad you're not allowed to explain or expect people to do mechanics in LFR without being called a no-life elitist.
    I want to explain all the mechanics for the "hard" LFR bosses, but I never get raid leader, so I have to yell everything and hope people pay attention, and the raid leaders never tell anyone what to do. I really wish people would stop choosing to be raid leaders when they have no interest in leading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    I didn't look up on which bosses would be in which wing, so I did the 2nd wing because yay krosus

...blizzard ruined my day by putting him in the 3rd wing
    Me too. I've been waiting months to get that purple hat and I was expecting it this week, now I have to wait another 2 weeks! >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you can be in LFR nowadays.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, and there were guys in another thread, who were telling me, that they were playing some another game and that there weren't such bosses, as Shamans in SoO, that required 6 stacks to beat them even according to tactic. Crap, like this - is the reason, why I stopped doing LFR. Sitting for 3 hours on one boss - is against whole idea of casual raiding.
    Shamans never needed 6 stacks to be defeated though. Even in their first week. You were just bullshitting or had the worst LFR group. MoP was best difficulty for LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Etraeus is that new Durumu on LFR, or i miss something?

It's always funny when someone calls someone else out for being wrong, when they don't know what they're talking about.

Ay lmao. You can vote kick and be kicked in combat

Deleted
    one shotted all on 2 toons - dont see any problems. but I am in eu so what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    The problem with everything in LFR are neckbeards who are too focused on their recount meter and the boss and ignore everything else, example on Star augur => nothing but green under the boss in phase 2 '' I don't wanna move cause I'm melee and it will hurt my e-peen recount in LFR ''

Last phase on the first pull we had the first big add and it took ages to even get it down to 80%, cause people wanna sit on the boss 24/7, playing rogue myself and swapping when needed you get a good view of all the bads around you and its always melee who refuse to move, they don't run away with any debuff and don't give 2 fucks about mechanics, till we wipe and they start throwing out names of players in chat to start a blame train.

A whole lot of ''LFR boss problems'' would go away when people stat realizing that no one gives 2 shits about their dps in a lfr fight and they would actually drop debuffs in a corner or hard swap on a prio add.
    Not true, the add deals no dmg, Can straight out nuke the boss till he dies. Just like we saw world first kills do, and people are doing on farm. Problem is LFR people being so fcking terrible at the game. That the idiots are unable to do more than 150k with 3 spells to press.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    I dont mind that there is at least some gateway to content; a book you have to read, wow you have to l2p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Doesn't that kill verisimilitude though? WoW's raid boss attacks look like the attacks should. What you are describing looks like what a guide would look like (or that addon that very briefly lived during ICC)
    No, its nothing like that.

Its just easier to see attacks in FFXIV because they don't design around the use of boss add-ons and the game has a much cleaner artstyle than WoW and thus easier to see ground textures. Lots of fights use unique ground textures still but I like the ones that use the laser trails and glowing outlines the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1k-9UvdlU

Edit: Keep in mind, I have no trouble seeing and dodging the ones in WoW I just find it more annoying is all.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Never been a fan of LFR. It exemplifies the idea of a few carrying the many. I can understand why they have it though. Suppose it's not going away any time soon -.-