Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Did anyone call Obama Hitler? Thought so.
    Apologize for insulting people, due to you meaning to say "respectable" instead of "anyone". For once on this forum, take responsibility for your own actions.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Who is going to impeach him? The Democratic minority?
    Nope. Republicans will.

Once again, the five words that took down Nixon: "We Will Not Protect You". Uttered by Republicans, to Nixon.

Impeaching Trump will be a matter of alienating Trump from Republicans to such a degree that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell utter those words. Considering the fissures already forming three weeks in, that will not be terribly challenging in the next couple of years.

Fact is, Trump can't deliver. The Rust belt isn't getting those jobs back, and, just like when "hope" for Obama's "Change' platform wore off after a year among his supporters, when that happens among Trumps, his already historically low approval rating will plummet further, and he will be devoured.

It's as I've been saying: everybody who wants to destroy Trump... now's the time to build infrastructure to relieved the killing stroke when all the pieces are in the right position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Trump has that loud aggressive New York Queens style. He was scaring the French president, that's all it is.
    Because nothing screams intimidating quite like Donald Trump...lol.

To actual New Yorkers the guy is a joke, and has been for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    "Another disastrous call: Trump bungled a phone call with the French president, Francois Hollande" titles Salon
    http://www.salon.com/2017/02/08/anot...cois-hollande/

"Trump’s call with France didn’t go so well either" says the new york post.
    http://nypost.com/2017/02/08/trumps-...o-well-either/

"Trump’s faux-pas diplomacy" gently puts Politico
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-calls-234770

Seriously, it was fun for a while, but for the sake of americans Trump cannot keep antigonizing US allies. The USA need strong partnership with other countries, especially countries that have been historically long time allies and part of the G8.

Speaking of which, i can't imagine what would Trump say in a G8 meeting, or at the UN.
    It's funny. It remains funny.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

It really bothers me that I want to see America burn for electing Trump.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone call Obama Hitler? Thought so.

No they called him a Kenyan Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    It really bothers me that I want to see America burn for electing Trump.
    It's a rather common feeling. Happened with some of the Right with Obama, happening again with some of the Left with Trump. It happens when one would rather be right and in power, than one cares about the Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Sorry but I did read the whole thing, but your

Remark, which is a sorry attempt at saying the guy is only mocked because he's Republican, caught my eye, because it's laughable. Trump is getting flak because he's an absolute moron, the same could be said about people who think he's getting mocked because he's a republican.
    Everyone knows the media in general leans left so they actually post more negative stories about Republican Presidents, it's bullshit because all Presidents should be scrutinized. Trump is getting attacked more than any other Republican President's but it's understandable, he's not diplomatic and he engages in pettiness, kind of like half the posters who attacked me for having a difference of opinion.

That's what people who can't argue a valid point try to do, silence the ones that do.
    You aren't arguing a point, you are incoherently spewing absolutes of nothing. If you want to have a discussion on something then start with a proper premise. Don't go back to your safe space and play the victim card when things get scary.

The only person trying to silence you is your sub conscience screaming for you to come back to reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I mean I as much as anyone would love an end to US hegemony around the world, but I dont think were prepared to prevent other parties from filling that power vacuum just yet.

Although Im kinda baffled as to why NATOs a topic of conversation, as far as im aware its incredibly beneficial for the US.
    That's the strange thing about Trump. He keeps pointing at our dominance, but his conclusion is that we are being abused. Think about that for a second... the only remaining world superpower, is bitching about being unfairly treated by those under our thumb. He demands jobs be brought back from over seas, but doesn't say if the suicide nets used in those countries to make our super cheap products, are coming with these jobs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

"Another disastrous call: Trump bungled a phone call with the French president, Francois Hollande" titles Salon

Seriously, it was fun for a while, but for the sake of americans Trump cannot keep antigonizing US allies. The USA need strong partnership with other countries, especially countries that have been historically long time allies and part of the G8.

Speaking of which, i can't imagine what would Trump say in a G8 meeting, or at the UN.
    Disastrous is in the eye of the beholder mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So the taxpayers have to pay for it. Well glad we´ve sorted that out, took us a while.
    All consumers, INCLUDING the taxpayers will pay for it. I don't know why you are harping on the term tax-payers. You are using words very bad! :P Your argument would be just as effective using the term "Americans." At any rate, taxes must be paid, and I am attracted to one that encourages domestic production. I know. I'm old fashioned.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows the media in general leans left so they actually post more negative stories about Republican Presidents, it's bullshit because all Presidents should be scrutinized. Trump is getting attacked more than any other Republican President's but it's understandable, he's not diplomatic and he engages in pettiness, kind of like half the posters who attacked me for having a difference of opinion.
    Difference of opinion is not an attack. You feel like you are being attacked, because you say bullshit and then refuse to take responsibility, instead calling others children.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    You aren't arguing a point, you are incoherently spewing absolutes of nothing. If you want to have a discussion on something then start with a proper premise. Don't go back to your safe space and play the victim card when things get scary.

The only person trying to silence you is your sub conscience screaming for you to come back to reality.
    You literally just did what you accused me of, good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Difference of opinion is not an attack. You feel like you are being attacked, because you say bullshit and then refuse to take responsibility, instead calling others children.
    Difference of opinion is not an attack, I agree, but that's not what is going on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nope. Republicans will.

Once again, the five words that took down Nixon: "We Will Not Protect You". Uttered by Republicans, to Nixon.

Impeaching Trump will be a matter of alienating Trump from Republicans to such a degree that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell utter those words. Considering the fissures already forming three weeks in, that will not be terribly challenging in the next couple of years.

Fact is, Trump can't deliver. The Rust belt isn't getting those jobs back, and, just like when "hope" for Obama's "Change' platform wore off after a year among his supporters, when that happens among Trumps, his already historically low approval rating will plummet further, and he will be devoured.

It's as I've been saying: everybody who wants to destroy Trump... now's the time to build infrastructure to relieved the killing stroke when all the pieces are in the right position.
    Skroe, I have a lot of respect for you, but Trump has a pretty good track record at proving you wrong.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries; Hollande is as good as gone.

Trump is about as good a statesman as this guy was though:

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Isn't that like saying "Putin will be dead in 50 years, why even talk to him"?

Hollande is the president and leader of France, right now.
    He will no longer be president in 3 months...

What kind of long-term stuff can you really expect to happen in 3 months and be discussed in phone call?

10+ Year Old Account
    Difference of opinion is not an attack, I agree, but that's not what is going on here.
    No shit... what is happening here, is you asked if anyone called Obama Hitler. When printed out that, yes... indeed he was called Hitler. Instead of owning up to it or at least ignoring it. You start insulting people, because you meant to say "respected" instead of anyone. Instead of taking responsibility for causing the misunderstanding, you chose to insult people and claim you were being silenced. How about just saying you misspoke? That's why it feels to you like an attack...

By the way, in case you forgot... you are comparing being a birther to being called Hitler. Seeing as how the president of US is pretty respectable position. Unlike your original assertion of just "anyone" when it comes to being called Hitler, birther actually fits your current position of needing the person saying it, to be respectable. It doesn't work that way in your favor either...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-09 at 03:56 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

What a shock. Trump is an idiot and did another idiotic thing. Maybe he should just sit down and watch cable tv and let the adults run the country.

He's going to fuck the U.S. three ways to Sunday and it will take a(nother) democrat to fix it all, just like the last time we "elected" someone without the popular vote.

A truly /popcorn event.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No shit... what is happening here, is you asked if anyone called Obama Hitler. When printed out that, yes... indeed he was called Hitler. Instead of owning up to it or at least ignoring it. You start insulting people, because you meant to say "respected" instead of anyone. Instead of taking responsibility for causing the misunderstanding, you chose to insult people and claim you were being silenced. How about just saying you misspoke? That's why it feels to you like an attack...

By the way, in case you forgot... you are comparing being a birther to being called Hitler. Seeing as how the president of US is pretty respectable position. Unlike your original assertion of just "anyone" when it comes to being called Hitler, birther actually fits your current position of needing the person saying it, to be responsible. It doesn't work that way in your favor either...
    You don't understand that the difference I am talking about is on a massive scale. You know what, fuck that argument and let me explain it to you in a different way.

The strawman was that Obama was just as scrutinized as Trump because birthers asked for his birth certificate, if anyone thinks that's on the same level as the people attacking Trump I can only shake my head at the ignorance.