Thread: DH Stats,

DH Stats,

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the optimal stats are for havoc?

Right now I'm running

Crit 23%
    Haste 10.62%
    Mastery 45%
    Versatility 4.27%

I run with chaos blades and my Meta is down to 2 minute cooldown. My burst without potions or flasks is insane, but my sustained dps is coming about 400k, sometimes I can push it to 450 with RNG luck? For my gear I think I should be pulling higher. While I believe crit is our main attribute, I think what my issue could be is haste and demon blades not hitting quick enough to generate fury. When I have meta or hero up, fury generation is fine

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anaasea/simple

I haven't got any logs to hand right now but can supply later

And yes I fucked up replacing a relic with a blue one for the meta cd

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to your question is always going to be "run a sim". Stat weights vary for every individual character.

I would recommend trying to get more crit

Deleted
    Replace bloodlet with first blood even with bracers and try to focus on getting much more crit.

Deleted
    I would recommend to swap Bloodlet to First Blood regardless of legendary bracers. Bloodlet can see uses only on Spellblade, Tichondrius and mostly on Botanist.
    For anything else use First blood. It makes the opening burst much more better and the sustained damage (10 fury for use is OP).
    On the matter with the relic its questionable if its that bad, but yes try to upgrade it asap.

Oh yeah and more crit gear. You have to change neck and 2nd ring fast with crit ones, regardless of ilvl. That will help you a lot too and 4p ofc i see you are half way there

Deleted
    With the set you have 33% crit, I would reccommend at least 40%.
    But even then 400k is pretty low.
    You sure you play like it's suggested?
    I'm not sure, because I mainly play demonic (because #Yolo and 500-600k ST dps is more than enough for the content I do).
    I remember doing like 450k with your eq/stats with cb. Without ring or even 2min meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    With the set you have 33% crit, I would reccommend at least 40%.
    But even then 400k is pretty low.
    You sure you play like it's suggested?
    I'm not sure, because I mainly play demonic (because #Yolo and 500-600k ST dps is more than enough for the content I do).
    I remember doing like 450k with your eq/stats with cb. Without ring or even 2min meta.
    I've tried demonic and on ST I didn't pull anything near that, but I put that down to lack of crit and not having chaos blade.

I try to stick pretty much to the guide on icy veins, open meta, chaos and nem (macro'd) Fury, felblade, then using chaos strike until I've depleted fury. I only cast felblade if I'm under 70 which the guide says to do, and then use throw glaive when Im starved. I have to admit my fury generation at times is really, really poor even with the set bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I would recommend to swap Bloodlet to First Blood regardless of legendary bracers. Bloodlet can see uses only on Spellblade, Tichondrius and mostly on Botanist.
    For anything else use First blood. It makes the opening burst much more better and the sustained damage (10 fury for use is OP).
    On the matter with the relic its questionable if its that bad, but yes try to upgrade it asap.

Oh yeah and more crit gear. You have to change neck and 2nd ring fast with crit ones, regardless of ilvl. That will help you a lot too and 4p ofc i see you are half way there
    Yea I've been using my seals on anything that gives Crit + mastery on those slots, running DHT mythic and + as that drops both items. As well as trying CoS for the set bonus on haste there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I try to stick pretty much to the guide on icy veins, open meta, chaos and nem (macro'd) Fury, felblade, then using chaos strike until I've depleted fury. I only cast felblade if I'm under 70 which the guide says to do, and then use throw glaive when Im starved. I have to admit my fury generation at times is really, really poor even with the set bonus.
    e
    You don't have ring so dont open with Meta. First you felblade so u can get instant fury and in melle range asap and wait for like 80 fury to be generated before poping meta, CB, Nem and fury. It is important to reduce the downtime in meta to minimum and having starting recourses and first blood in the rotation helps a ton

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    You don't have ring so dont open with Meta. First you felblade so u can get instant fury and in melle range asap and wait for like 80 fury to be generated before poping meta, CB, Nem and fury. It is important to reduce the downtime in meta to minimum and having starting recourses and first blood in the rotation helps a ton
    Ah that make sense, I'll try that,

Also since changing from momentum to nemasis and having felblade, unless I need to move to an add I don't use retreat / rush any more? is this right or should I use this as a filler before using throw glaive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Ah that make sense, I'll try that,

Also since changing from momentum to nemasis and having felblade, unless I need to move to an add I don't use retreat / rush any more? is this right or should I use this as a filler before using throw glaive?
    1. Use felblade on cd and don't waste procs if you can help it. This is probably the main source of your problem. Felblade should be super high on your priority list.

2. Glaive + Felrush - yes filler. That being said Felrush does have a very high DPE value because it doesn't really affect the GCD (.25). So on bosses with big hit boxes where you will not miss an autoattack (or if you are pro and are using an autoattack timer) go ahead and felrush as much as you can. What I do is go if energy <70 + felblade on cd + blade dance on cd then felrush

Felblade is most likely what you are messing up imo. The crit mastery gear issue isn't really an issue especially since you 2pc.

Deleted
    If you want to maximize your dps with felrush, you can felblade right after it to get back to the enemy - It's more or less in sync to use felrush on cd.
    If you don't want to miss an autohit, you could go full 2006 and use quartz I think :'D

You have like not enough crit at all. get around 20% more and u should be fine. 10~15% if you have the 4pc.

chaos strikes does increased damage on crit and also refunds fury dont go so crazy on your mastery its useless unless chaos strike actually crits
    Last edited by Mineral4r7s; 2017-02-10 at 08:10 AM.

Your crit is way, way too low. That is easily why you are having trouble with Fury generation; you're not getting enough refunded Chaos Strikes. Half off a Chaos Strike is tremendous and you're getting way, WAY fewer than you should. Our Fury generation is balanced around that, so not getting them can hurt.

As for Haste, around 12% is fine for DB and you're nearly there anyways. I wouldn't sweat it too much and certainly wouldn't gear specifically for it, you'll get it passively.

You need to push crit, hard. Your Mastery is great, but is way too high for the level of crit you have. If you had 40% crit with 4 piece, your Mastery level would be incredible. Right now, it's gimping you. Do what you need to do to get your crit to at LEAST 35%, and that's the *bare* minimum. Aim for 40% after that, and you'll be in a great place.

Change all those slots with haste mastery to crit with haste or mastery. GL friend