Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    can you actually do the whole process without being subscribed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    The problem is that it would require a spike of 53.8% in price just to break even (due to the difference in price between the 20 EUR cost and the 13 EUR return)
    The US Spike was like, 300%. I think a 50% Spike for EU isn't out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The US Spike was like, 300%. I think a 50% Spike for EU isn't out of this world.
    Wasn't 300% - before things went crazy the price was wobbling around 60k, the highest it got up to was 115k.

Big enough to make a profit if you timed it just right, but not much margin for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Wasn't 300% - before things went crazy the price was wobbling around 60k, the highest it got up to was 115k.

Big enough to make a profit if you timed it just right, but not much margin for error.
    Fair, it was about a 100% spike, still a lot more than 50%.

Deleted
    I'm getting internal error when trying to swap a token for bnet currency, anyone else experiencing this?
    Hope its not because I use it on my lowlvl bankchar (have no active subscription atm).

Fair, it was about a 100% spike, still a lot more than 50%.
    EU was around 115k before the announcement of balance and spiked to 200k, so ~75% increase, also in absolute valor it has always been expensiver EU than US. (percentage increase isn't the only thing to look at, from 1 to 3 is a 200% increase and from 3 to 6 a 100%, still i would prefer the 1 to 3 one)

Deleted
    The token really costs EUR 20?

That's so funny, given how many people on this very forum say: "I've had enough, I'm not paying Blizzard any more money, I've quit my sub and am now paying with gold". Effectively those people now pay EUR 7 per month MORE than before )

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    can you actually do the whole process without being subscribed?
    When my sub runs out, I just log in and a window pops up asking if I want to renew my sub using gold. If you accept, it will buy a token for you from the AH and you can start playing again.

Not sure if you can convert tokens to battle.net balance without being subbed if that's what you meant. I don't think so though.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post

That's so funny, given how many people on this very forum say: "I've had enough, I'm not paying Blizzard any more money, I've quit my sub and am now paying with gold". Effectively those people now pay EUR 7 per month MORE than before )
    No, they don't. The person that buys the token from Blizzard pays €20 more, the person that buys the token for gold pays nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, they don't. The person that buys the token from Blizzard pays €20 more, the person that buys the token for gold pays nothing.
    You missed the word "effectively" in the post you quoted.
    He's actually right.

Deleted
    Confirmed that you have to have an active sub in order to convert tokens to currency.
    However, a GM can give you a free day so you can convert
    Got lucio bundle for free, yay

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You missed the word "effectively" in the post you quoted.
    He's actually right.
    No, I didn't and no he is not. It would be correct to say that Blizzard effectively receive €20 income instead of €15 for that sub but it is not correct that person paying for that sub with gold pays that to Blizzard.
    Last edited by Pann; 2017-02-10 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, I didn't and no he is not. It would be correct to say that Blizzard effectively receive €20 income instead of €15 for that sub but it is not correct that person paying for that sub with gold pays that to Blizzard.
    A bit like saying that when you pay by Credit Card, it's not actually you paying but Visa/Mastercard

A bit like saying that when you pay by Credit Card, it's not actually you paying but Visa/Mastercard
    No, it really isn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    But that 100% spike had already happened and things are self correcting. I think the time to take advantage had already passed, but I could be wrong, after all the future is not yet written, but it'll probably tale a similarly disruptive event.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I refuse to think you don't know how credit companies work.

You see that a few times on this forum it's true, but I think the actual number of people with such a juvenile attitude is only a very tiny portion of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    But that 100% spike had already happened and things are self correcting. I think the time to take advantage had already passed, but I could be wrong, after all the future is not yet written, but it'll probably tale a similarly disruptive event.
    The topic was whether a large enough spike would happen for EU and the likelyhood of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Sell tokens > get lots of gold > Buy tokens with gold > Cash tokens in for real battle.net balance

Repeat whenever there's a spike
    You can't make money. You can save it though if you are lucky enough to get some at a the lower price. And they sell some when they are at their peak.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I expect the token prices to settle more evenly in the coming weeks, and a 300k type spike seems very unlikely at this point unless an expansion or new service is announced.