Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well Magtheridon got killed on Outland.
    I dont know if Outland (pretty mutch a demon planet by that time) was still outside the void.

But anyways if he comes back then Aggonar should be aswell.
    I've been asking about this for years. Aggonar is fucking massive compared to every other Pit Lord, it would be awesome to see him back.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    I've been asking about this for years. Aggonar is fucking massive compared to every other Pit Lord, it would be awesome to see him back.
    Considering how his corpse and blood took up a huge section of Hellfire, I'm really disappointed he didn't make a return in Tanaan.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another one missing, where is Varimathras, he died in Undercity which is even less Twisting nether, then let's say Hellfire Citadel (outland) which is basicly floating in it (if you fly off the edges of the continent).

But yes, seeing Legion Illidan meet Magtheridon again would be nice, so would Sylvanas meeting Varimathras again.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-06 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'd make a cool 'Krosus' style encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Another one missing, where is Varimathras, he died in Undercity which is even less Twisting nether, then let's say Hellfire Citadel (outland) which is basicly floating in it (if you fly off the edges of the continent).

But yes, seeing Legion Illidan meet Magtheridon again would be nice, so would Sylvanas meeting Varimathras again.
    Sargeras is still giving Varimathras spankins for losing UC.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Afterall after 7.2 Archimonde is dead , kiljaeden is dead, Ticondrius , Mephistroth and Balnazzar are dead. Thats a loy 9f the Legions absolute top command
    Before WoD, when they dropped that huge lore retcon, there was only Kil'jaedin who was left. So we're gonna be back where we started. The Legion got hyped back up, just for one more invasion and it's going back to shit like it was before the retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Before WoD, when they dropped that huge lore retcon, there was only Kil'jaedin who was left. So we're gonna be back where we started. The Legion got hyped back up, just for one more invasion and it's going back to shit like it was before the retcon.
    Archimonde was confirmed dead by more than enough interviews. The area in the tomb and in proximity is extremely fel tainted which gives and easy out to say Mephistroth Tichondrius , and KJ will die.

These guys will not ve enounters twice in same expansion nor after legion.

The avatar of sargeras is said to reside in a literal sea of fel under the in the tomb. The place is as tainted as it gets. You think the legion just pings their homeworlds as death killzones. Its literally astronomical fel corrupted areas that kill them upon death.

That said.

Gyldan fight also gives the perfect reasoning why sargeras us fightable on argus after guldans immeanse failure in transfering his soul into illidan.

- - - Updated - - -

Actions make the villan. Hes just a no name frabkly

Archimonde was confirmed dead by more than enough interviews. The area in the tomb and in proximity is extremely fel tainted which gives and easy out to say Mephistroth Tichondrius , and KJ will die.

These guys will not ve enounters twice in same expansion nor after legion.
    I know, im saying we'll be back to where we were before WoD, when the Legion was weak and had no one left but Kil'jaedin. The retcon was only to rehash content, by saying all these demons aren't dead, so then we kill them all again, permanently. WoD was another timeline, it made sense for them to be back, and with a little hindsight, they said these are the same demons and that they can't be killed normally in our universe. those were 2 ways for them to rehash the legion twice, back to back xD.

Im really hoping this is it, that we have no Legion to deal with ever again.

I know, im saying we'll be back to where we were before WoD, when the Legion was weak and had no one left but Kil'jaedin. The retcon was only to rehash content, by saying all these demons aren't dead, so then we kill them all again, permanently. WoD was another timeline, it made sense for them to be back, and with a little hindsight, they said these are the same demons and that they can't be killed normally in our universe. those were 2 ways for them to rehash the legion twice, back to back xD.

Prior to WoD, it was only really dreadlords that were known to come back from the dead. Mal'ganis being the main example.

I can tell why Arthas loved irony, he 'killed' a dreadlord using a weapon made by them.

Deleted
    You know what OP you might be onto something. Blizzard did state that the final boss of Legion will be one that none of us are expecting. NOBODY EXPECTS MAGTHERIDON, good call!

Hopefully being saved for the Argus raid along with some other powerful demons. Really hate that they're killing em off in class quests/dungeons or turning em into followers, feels like we're gonna run out by the time Argus is out.

Glad the lorecon happened though archimonde got the fight he deserved and ticondrius and mannoroth got their WoW premeier

If any enemy was deserving of two fights it was Archimonde and Kiljaeden

Hyjal/HFC. SWP/ToS

Pretty sure at Legions end the burning legion will be destroyed as a threat. If Sargeras survives is debatable. I think between all his soul swapping and GulDans failure in Nighthold Sargeras against the Army of light and the power the artifacts hold may be defeated and subdeued and mind shattered by the void lords at the end. Making Sargeras into the Dark Titan aka the ultimate threat in the universe allowing the Void lords and their remaining minions on Azeroth to have some momentum behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Prior to WoD, it was only really dreadlords that were known to come back from the dead. Mal'ganis being the main example.

I can tell why Arthas loved irony, he 'killed' a dreadlord using a weapon made by them.
    To be fair Balnazaar in vanilla making us think Varimathras lied. And Mal Ganis coming back in WotLk is what hinted at the immortal souls. Really those dreadlords were the only ones of note we had killed and likely tasked with causing strife after the invasion failed once they reconstituted. Keep in mind Balnazarr and MalGanis replaced the very top tier of the Scarlet Crusade to infiltate the planet.

We dint see Ticondrius or Archimonde again because ticondrius has the rank to not be bothered with tl
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-09 at 02:46 PM.

Glad the lorecon happened though archimonde got the fight he deserved and ticondrius and mannoroth got their WoW premeier

If any enemy was deserving of two fights it was Archimonde and Kiljaeden

Hyjal/HFC. SWP/ToS
    Well with Archimonde and Mannoroth, we did have 2 separate caverns of times encounters with them, albeit mannoroth was a weak fight. But the WoD encounters could still have been played off as their alternative timeline counterparts. And in my opinion, that's what it should have been. WoD should have been us taking our knowledge of the future and making the past of another timeline better by ridding it of powerful demons and saving Draenor and Azeroth from the devastating events of Warcraft 1-3.
    Pretty sure at Legions end the burning legion will be destroyed as a threat. If Sargeras survives is debatable. I think between all his soul swapping and GulDans failure in Nighthold Sargeras against the Army of light and the power the artifacts hold may be defeated and subdeued and mind shattered by the void lords at the end. Making Sargeras into the Dark Titan aka the ultimate threat in the universe allowing the Void lords and their remaining minions on Azeroth to have some momentum behind them.
    I think and been saying for a long time now, that the Legion will most likely get taken over by the Void Lords/Old Gods once their leadership is completely destroyed. I think this retcon to bring all the legion leaders back for one expansion was to prolong that. And yeah, Sargeras constantly trying to jump into bodies, bodies much weaker than him probably means that he's nowhere's as powerful as he once was. I even think KJ wanting to spare Khadgar was to use him first, but then settled for Illidan(they even try to trick him into taking their power in Kara) so he's probably a fraction of his former glory and his weak avatar probably is the strongest he can achieve for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

Yeah, other demons left behind corpses, while Dreadlords just vanished leaving their shoulderplates. Their corpses can be found in other places aswell including the massive long dead pitlord in Outland. Mal'ganis coming back was cool, he even seemed to have gone rogue from the Legion and seeking only revenge on Arthas.

The irony is pretty cool and the fact that Frostmourne is used not only to betray the Dreadlords, but also Ner'zhul himself. Almost like it has a mind of its own(maybe a demon or something was used in it's creation)

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I mean... Illidan was dead until this patch.
    If he has a beef, Argus is where he'll be able to demonstrate it.
    Why oh why couldn't he have stayed dead

Well with Archimonde and Mannoroth, we did have 2 separate caverns of times encounters with them, albeit mannoroth was a weak fight. But the WoD encounters could still have been played off as their alternative timeline counterparts. And in my opinion, that's what it should have been. WoD should have been us taking our knowledge of the future and making the past of another timeline better by ridding it of powerful demons and saving Draenor and Azeroth from the devastating events of Warcraft 1-3.

I think and been saying for a long time now, that the Legion will most likely get taken over by the Void Lords/Old Gods once their leadership is completely destroyed. I think this retcon to bring all the legion leaders back for one expansion was to prolong that. And yeah, Sargeras constantly trying to jump into bodies, bodies much weaker than him probably means that he's nowhere's as powerful as he once was. I even think KJ wanting to spare Khadgar was to use him first, but then settled for Illidan(they even try to trick him into taking their power in Kara) so he's probably a fraction of his former glory and his weak avatar probably is the strongest he can achieve for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, other demons left behind corpses, while Dreadlords just vanished leaving their shoulderplates. Their corpses can be found in other places aswell including the massive long dead pitlord in Outland. Mal'ganis coming back was cool, he even seemed to have gone rogue from the Legion and seeking only revenge on Arthas.

The irony is pretty cool and the fact that Frostmourne is used not only to betray the Dreadlords, but also Ner'zhul himself. Almost like it has a mind of its own(maybe a demon or something was used in it's creation)
    To be fair archimonde and pitlords like mannoroth die with catastrophic explosions. Their soul returning to nether. Also archimonde in hyjal is just shoulderpads on death

Well i mean frostmourn did kill malganis. Unfortunately jt was clearly and obviously warded to steal mortal souls not demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind sargeras sis a titan and they can soul swap how the pantheon did. Thats probably what sargeras does. Transfer himself not reform.

We know from chronicle he qas sucked into the core of the maelstrom.where he saw azeroth look upon him. Then was cast back into nether. I assume his titanic body disintegrated. Also as for omg sargeras larget than planet! Maybe not if he was sucked inside azeroth. Maybe the planet he cleared in the cheonicle image was as moon sized.

His goal as medivh was to inevitably reclaim his avatar. The events of TFT when illidan collapsed the tomb probably damaged the battered avatar significantly. He fails to posses illidan probably losing aome power as we purge him. He then lrobably has kiljaeden personally infuse thee avatar then we beat it and destroy kiljaeden. Come 7.3. The legion is in shitting their pants panic mode and sargeras has had enough of a presence to be showcased. Nighthold mythic encounter and avatar before the invasion
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-10 at 03:49 PM.

I'm not sure if this is only my interpretation, but before WoW was even released when I played WC3, I saw Magtheridon as a demon warlord who wasn't (any longer) an active part of the Legion. Illidan flees to Outland to escape the attentions of Kil'jaeden after he fails to kill the Lich King the first time; if Magtheridon is one of KJ's lieutenants then that seems extremely counterproductive. Basically, Magtheridon is sort of a Jabba the Hutt to Kil'jaeden's Darth Sidious, in the sense that they're both bad guys (demons) but not associated. Magtheridon is just chilling with his posse on a 'forsaken backwater' the Legion is already done with.

That would be my explanation for why he isn't brought back to fight in this new invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    I'm not sure if this is only my interpretation, but before WoW was even released when I played WC3, I saw Magtheridon as a demon warlord who wasn't (any longer) an active part of the Legion. Illidan flees to Outland to escape the attentions of Kil'jaeden after he fails to kill the Lich King the first time; if Magtheridon is one of KJ's lieutenants then that seems extremely counterproductive. Basically, Magtheridon is sort of a Jabba the Hutt to Kil'jaeden's Darth Sidious, in the sense that they're both bad guys (demons) but not associated. Magtheridon is just chilling with his posse on a 'forsaken backwater' the Legion is already done with.

That would be my explanation for why he isn't brought back to fight in this new invasion.
    There are still plenty of Draenei on Outland. Kil'Jaedin devotes almost all of his energy into destroying them. I doubt he would consider Outland as an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    There are still plenty of Draenei on Outland. Kil'Jaedin devotes almost all of his energy into destroying them. I doubt he would consider Outland as an afterthought.
    That's probably a retcon though. There was no indication at all that Blizzard had thought of any link between Eredar and Draenei in TFT when Magtheridon's character was established, much less that Kil'jaeden had a hate boner for them.

So, what is it now? Demons definitely die only in the Twisting Nether or in areas extremely saturated with fel?

The way I see it, each single permanent death has(ie Archimonde in HFC) and will(ie Kil'jaeden in TToS) happen next to a portal linking the area of the battle where the demon dies with another area within the Twisting Nether. Essentially, it can be the connections between the two areas that cause the demon to get permanently killed off.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-02-12 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    So, what is it now? Demons definitely die only in the Twisting Nether or in areas extremely saturated with fel?

The way I see it, each single permanent death has(ie Archimonde in HFC) and will(ie Kil'jaeden in TToS) happen next to a portal linking the area of the battle where the demon dies with another area within the Twisting Nether. Essentially, it can be the connections between the two areas that cause the demon to get permanently killed off.
    archimonde died in draenor check the cinimatic he send gul'dan and then he died it means he died in draenor

- - - Updated - - -