Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Myeh, opinions are opinions. I prefer the Ultimate version, because it looks more... Advanced? The Asgardians are meant to be this super advanced culture, always thought it was a bit odd their most powerful weapon looked like a rock on a stick .
    Rock on a stick? That's how it looked in my ancestors' mythology you heathen!

The "charm" of the Marvel version of Asgard was the sci-fi-fication of Norse aesthetics, The "hammer-pike" thingy you linked to looks too medieval imo.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-02-10 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Rock on a stick? That's how it looked in my ancestors' mythology you heathen!

The "charm" of the Marvel version of Asgard was the sci-fi-fication of Norse aesthetics, The "hammer-pike" thingy you linked to looks too medieval imo.
    Don't blame me, I didn't design it

It's true, the blend of old school Norse Myth and Sci Fi aesthetic is the exact reason WHY I prefer the Ultimate version. the classic version is too retro, while the Ultimate version is shiny and chrome, looks more advanced.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It's true, the blend of old school Norse Myth and Sci Fi aesthetic is the exact reason WHY I prefer the Ultimate version. the classic version is too retro, while the Ultimate version is shiny and chrome, looks more advanced.
    It's not even a hammer, it's a halberd! Mjölnir's shaft is supposed to be short yo!

But the thing is...the weapon doesn't look even fucking remotely Norse. It looks Medieval European. That's not blending old school Norse and Sci-Fi aesthetics, it's straight up taking aesthetics from an entirely different real world culture and giving them to a character who's supposed to be based on Norse culture. If all you want is something "advanced", why not make Mjolnir a laser rifle or something? That'd look a fuck ton more advanced than even the Ultimates version, and would be JUST AS FITTING for a "Norse" themed character.

Or for another example, a Glock looks more advanced than a Colt Peacemaker, but you're a moron if you give it to a character that's supposed to have an "old west" aesthetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It's not even a hammer, it's a halberd! Mjölnir's shaft is supposed to be short yo!
    I'll give you that! The handle IS too long, I seem to recall he even uses it as a two handed hammer at some points.

EDIT:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL FOLKS!

I'm sure by now you've all seen the introduction to Infinity War video posted on FB...

Which means you've all seen THAT Concept artwork, of Thor and Rocket.

Look at Thor's hand, what do you notice?

Yup... That's NOT Mjolnir he's holding. The handle is all wrong and you can see a bit of the business end and it's NOT a hammerhead.

It's not an Axeblade either, so that's Jarnbjorn out.

What it looks like, if you look close, what it REALLY seems to be...

Is a SPEARHEAD.

But Gallahadd, I hear you cry... Thor doesn't USE a spear!

No... That's an excellent point, he does NOT use a spear.

But do you know who DOES use a spear?

ODIN! Odin uses a spear, he uses the all powerful spear Gungnir, the weapon of an All-Father.

So why on earth would Thor be using Gungnir?

Say it with me boys and girls.

RUNE KING THOR IS COMING!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-02-11 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

*snip*
    Got a link to it or?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, just saw it now. It's going to be so awesome

The Ultimates universe has been around for a while tbh, it's not like this is a new change.
    And it was an embarrassment when they first presented it.
    And as usual, Marvel seems to have this belief that shining up shit makes it more appealing.

If they wanted a more sci-fi look maybe they should look at Beta Ray Bill.

Or hell, Rift RPG had a really interesting sci-fi take on Thor:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Got a link to it or?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, just saw it now. It's going to be so awesome
    Did ya see it? Did ya see the Thor/Rocket picture? Do you agree that that is 100% not Mjolnir in his hand?

Did ya see it? Did ya see the Thor/Rocket picture? Do you agree that that is 100% not Mjolnir in his hand?
    Not Mjolnir indeed.
    I don't really read comics so i have no idea about the other ones though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Not Mjolnir indeed.
    I don't really read comics so i have no idea about the other ones though
    I'm guessing it's Odins spear. We've seen it a few times in Thor 1 & 2, lends credence to my theory that Thor will become King soon.

all i want is to see team thor 2 video!

So infinity war started filming.
    Yay
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

If legion keeps it up from the pilot it will be the best marvel show.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    If legion keeps it up from the pilot it will be the best marvel show.
    Really? Legion was on my radar, but it came out and I was just a bit... Eh. Is it worth persuing?

Really? Legion was on my radar, but it came out and I was just a bit... Eh. Is it worth persuing?
    the pilot is amazing. whether it keeps that up who knows. its in its own universe seperate from foxes x-men and the mcu so if you skip it you wont be missing anything from either of those but its got a hell of a start
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the pilot is amazing. whether it keeps that up who knows. its in its own universe seperate from foxes x-men and the mcu so if you skip it you wont be missing anything from either of those but its got a hell of a start
    I got serious Mr Robot vibes from the trailer. Might need to check the pilot out...

Of course, I've also got a huge Netflix list full of shows I need to catch up, so many I'll power through them first

baby groot has no memories, is essentially a new person now. groot really did die at the end of gotg

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/830867190173749248

I haven't even looked at legion, is it really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I haven't even looked at legion, is it really that good?
    like i said, its just the pilot thats come out. but so far yeah. you may not personally think its the best because it might not be your style but i love crazy mental shit.

if you like things like mr robot, twin peaks, weird goodness then you'll love it

heres a review. a couple small spoilers but not really anything we didnt gather from the trailer and just for the first episode

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/02/...1.01-chapter-1

plus its got aubrey plaza in it!! (whos part was originally meant to be for an old man that they rewrote specifically for her)

it could turn to shit as plenty of shows with great starts do but im loving it