Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    But after the first one the % of drop is decreased, because they design it that way
    This really does not change anything.
    Yes the system might be designed so that the second legendary has a lower chance than your first. But it is the same for EVERYONE. Hence the RNG is affecting everyone the same way. There is no person being affected differently than anyone else.

it is not the pool is reduced; lets say class A has 7 legendary, reading you , you assume the chance is 1/7 of getting the one i want and after that 1/6,... increasing the odds, BUT that is not how it works in the design, they worked it like this (totally invented numbers), you have a 50% drop on your first legendary, after you get that one (be it the wanted one or not) second one has a chance of 20% of dropping, and further decrease as you get many more.
    What the actual drop rate for the second legendary is, doesn't change the fact that your pool of available drops has now gone from 7 to 6. Making the chance of getting the one you want larger, WHEN YOU GET A LEGENDARY.

Without a legendary you have 1/7 chance of getting the legendary you want. What the actual drop chance is, is irrelevant to this.
    When you have your first legendary(the wrong one), you now have 1/6 a chance to get the legendary you want. Again the actual drop chance is irrelevant to this.
    The probability for getting the exact legendary you want is independant from the probability of getting a legendary.

The actual drop rate of each legendary doesn't mean much. The system as analysed by the thread of drop rates, show that the amount of content you need to do for each legendary is increasing for each legendary you get.

BUT this does not take into account that you are suppose to be progressing your character, becomming stronger and doing harder content (and easier content faster, making you able to clear more in the same time as you did before your first legendary)
    Harder content gives you more "kill points".

The amount of time from your first legendary to your second and your fourth to fifth is roughly the same. If you got your first legendary after a month, then you would get your second after another month, and your third after another month again. Of course there is still the element of RNG below it all, so that some might not get it as soon as they should or some get it earlier.

EDIT:
    (personally i think they fixed each one).
    Even if they use a fixed drop chance for each legendary, the above is still true.
    That is for each legendary you already have, the chance for getting the one you want from the remaining legendaries is increasing.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I don't know if they changed or not(hope so), but in beta you could get legendary A in first drop and legendary A again in second drop, etc (they are unique-equiped not unique in database)
    You can not get the same legendary twice..
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-02-11 at 09:09 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    You can not get the same legendary twice..
    Was this finally fixed ? Because you could get the same legendary twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Was this finally fixed ? Because you could get the same legendary twice.
    That was a bug.. Pretty sure it was hotfixed?
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Stopped reading after

After 2.5 months of excessive farming
    No, you can't farm legendary items in Legion. They're random drops for everyone. No targeted farming exists for orange items as of now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    It's not about "nuh dont look at my logs senpai, im saving my logs for method". We don't give out or publicize them for two reasons: The first is so that players aren't so focused on ranking during progress. Their ranks won't count and they focus more on killing the boss. The second reason is competition inside our server. Analyzing logs can give less advanced guilds the means to catch up by knowing setups, priority targets, timings etc. Do we lose anything by giving some logs to a random person? Not really, but how do I explain it to my colleages that i gave them out to win an argument with some random person? I don't want to be in that situation.

We officers dedicate our weekly day off on analyzing logs. We look at disparities between similar classes and why they happen as one of our focuses.The demon hunter with shoulders and ring not only has the extra regen fury from the ring, which lets him have more chaos strike casts (around 160~, while the other around 115~ on average) but the psyenergy the shoulders and the elisande trinket gives him double the amount of metamorphosis per combat (the cd of meta without relics goes down to 2min 10 sec on average). Having Metamorphosis each time with their 2min cds on top of much better regen at all times gives him a huge advantage over the other.
    well im on dentarg/whisperwind so i doudt it would effect you at all, also you seem to be including alot more then legendaries, as dont both of them have the elisande trinket? were talking JUST the legendaries
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

"Its random"

I love how people still will say this after multiple reports of it not being random because of systems they set up, Soft cap, actual drop rate bug etc.

Millennial kids simply cannot deal with not getting everything they want handed to them by mommy and daddy.

The system doesn't favor the lucky, it favors the guy who plays more. I probably have about the (slightly above)average amount of /played time (about 45-50 days) at 110. I have 6 legendaries and 3 are bis, in a st setting, for demo/aff. I also have a second toon(spriest) that has 2 legendaries at 2 and a half days /played at 110. The legendaries i have on her are prydaz and sephuz.

Now what have i done within those 50 days or so? About 200+ mythic+, ~10 mythic+ weekly cache, 155 lfr bosses, 140 normal bosses, 176 heroic raid bosses, 59 mythic raid bosses, ~170 emissary boxes on my main. From that i have received legendaries from 2 lfr bosses, 1 mythic+ weekly cache, 1 reg mythic dungeon boss, and 2 emissary cache.

My other toon thats at 2 days has 0 mythic+/mythic raid/weeklycache, 21 lfr bosses, 24 normal bosses, 17 heroic bosses, ~10 emissary cache. From that i have received legendaries from 1 normal raid boss and 1 emissary cache.

Legendaries are purely random.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "Its random"

I love how people still will say this after multiple reports of it not being random because of systems they set up, Soft cap, actual drop rate bug etc.
    t....that still means its random...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

"We don't like that literally everyone gets a free welfare legendary through a heavily time gated quest line"

Ok we'll make legendaries RNG drops again, but still give everyone a chance to get one.

"This is so unfair, people with the right legendaries have such a massive advantage"

.............really? I don't feel like going back to the boring questline route for legendaries, this is FAR superior. Shadowmourne and such were fine because they at least required you to raid to get them, but the MoP and WoD style quests were just awful. Ideally I'd like legendaries to be raid-only RNG drops, with a gold sink attached that requires a lot of work, but people nowadays don't like cool rewarding things in-game anymore because it might give people something cool and rewarding and unbalance the oh-so-important race to world first that nobody used to give a shit about when the game was good.
    Last edited by F1reheart; 2017-02-11 at 09:50 PM.

"Its random"

There is nothing in your very weak argument, that speaks for it not being random..

There is RNG in it, whether you understand it or not.

Problem with the system is not getting orange item or not (which is another debate, and as i have said in previous post, legendary should feel/be legendary, as everyone have them they are not so anymore), is that getting the right orange one can boost you by a lot.(i recommend going to sim topics to see the difference between having those and not, in some cases 10% difference which in hardcore raiding is a lot)
    Yea... So please explain how a 10% difference because of a orange item is different than a 10% difference because of a purple item? This is the same RNG that caused people to endless hope for trinket drops in past xpacs. People certainly complained a hell of a lot less when it was purple.

I'll take it! It suits me just fine.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    It is great for asssassination... as I said it is great for aoe fights, like mythic+ and many if not most nighthold bosses. AOE is the only thing which sucks about assassination (besides ramping up).

Also, as I said earlier, legendaries in general are RARELY a must have or make always a huge difference. They are either a small dps boost (like BiS assassination legendaries) or are very situational (like the cloak).

And your comment about subtlety is also completely wrong. The boots were quite OP before the nerf, but now they are too just a slight dps bonus... like that tiny amount of energy regen is defining for that spec lol, do you even play a rogue??
    The boots are still BiS for sub... They're just not as OP. They fix the problem of refreshing Sod and not screwing up your SD rotation.

And the boots are such a huuuge upgrade for Assassination.... Especially with lots of mastery. You don't know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    There is nothing in your very weak argument, that speaks for it not being random..

There is RNG in it, whether you understand it or not.
    If it was a random and equal playing field there wouldn't have been the bug in the first place that gave like an overwhelming chance at a second legendary and even beyond and they didn't remove them from people getting 4 or even 5 of them..

I will not believe the "rng is rng" argument from retards when blizzard proves that their internal system had tons of bugs and there could be any amount of hidden variables to easily obtain them. But go ahead, keep spouting that. When people said there was a softcap, there was. When people said that the legendary drop rate bug, there was. Fuck RNG being RNG, I won't believe that their systems aren't fucked considering how broken they proved it to be in the past.

If it was a random and equal playing field there wouldn't have been the bug in the first place that gave like an overwhelming chance at a second legendary and even beyond and they didn't remove them from people getting 4 or even 5 of them..

I will not believe the "rng is rng" argument from retards when blizzard proves that their internal system had tons of bugs and there could be any amount of hidden variables to easily obtain them. But go ahead, keep spouting that. When people said there was a softcap, there was. When people said that the legendary drop rate bug, there was. Fuck RNG being RNG, I won't believe that their systems aren't fucked considering how broken they proved it to be in the past.
    "I don't understand the RNG therefore it isn't RNG, it's another thing which literally means RNG yet I refuse to accept this because illuminati."

Glad we cleared that up.