Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Many restaurants do not allow for reservations, even for fairly-large parties.
    Why on earth would they not allow that? i consider that a very very basic service for a proper dining restaurant since people tend to go there for special occasions.

i think over here they just share a list of phone numbers/names of people who do things like make 5 reservations and then decide last minute which one to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You realize as long as they aren't black, disabled, walking in with a pet or other-wise any of them a part of a "protected class"... restaurants can refuse to serve large parties? It sounds like you are trying to pretend to be a businessman without understanding business, like the restaurant does. :P
    So parties of 12 black people would have to be served but parties of 12 white people could be refused? Do you not know how discrimination works? It's the party size, not the race of the part that's at issue here. Black people can be refused service, they just can't be refused service for being black.

--

Back to the main topic OP, terrible ideas like this is why capitalism is the most successful economic style in human history. Restaurants don't, and won't, ban large parties because they make a ton of money from such parties. Large parties are also great for the workers, it's why most restaurants have automatic gratuity on parties over a certain size. Restaurants aren't going to have terrible policies that would lose them money. Sure the occasional restaurant has had some bad policy at one point or another, but they either reverse it after the backlash or go out of business.

With capitalism, the other side of the coin is you can obviously vote with your wallet and not eat at restaurants that allow large parties. But that won't go well for you since nearly every restaurant allows large parties. But losing your money wouldn't be a blip on the radar compared to the money they'd lose by accommodating your ridiculous demand.

Also, what makes you think you have any right to dictate such nonsense to other people? Saying that any family larger than 4 people, or simple things like birthdays or other celebrations can't be held at any restaurant. Seriously, according to you, a family with 3 or more kids would be banned from restaurants.

They should also ban alcohol from restaurants. I dont drink and those drunk people are annoying. That also would help with storage space and safe on barkeeper costs!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Why on earth would they not allow that? i consider that a very very basic service for a proper dining restaurant since people tend to go there for special occasions.

i think over here they just share a list of phone numbers/names of people who do things like make 5 reservations and then decide last minute which one to go to.
    Reservations can actually reduce efficiency in high-volume restaurants. A lot of chain restaurants have gotten rid of reservations, and pushed call-ahead seating. It's a better indicator of who is actually going to show up. If a restaurant takes reservations, they will reserve the seat, and if people don't show up, they are out money. This is especially difficult for tables in sizes of 5-8, since most restaurants have a very limited number of tables that seat more than 4 adults. Tables can slide together rather easily, but booths are locked into their capacity. If it's a busy, middle-class-and-higher area, less restaurants are likely to allow for reservations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How long until our little Orlong figures out you're not supposed to go to Restaurants alone?
    Nothing is wrong with going alone. Way to discriminate.

This thread is pretty garbage. If the place takes reservations this is never an issue. If they don't take reservations and you show up with a large party in my personal experience 9 out of 10 times you have to wait far longer to get tables while smaller groups of 2-4 people keep going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They could require you to sit at 3 separate tables throughout the restaurant so you are only talking with the 3 other people at your table instead of yelling to the other end of a 12 foot table to talk
    That kind of ruins the group event, doesn't it?

better get rich as fuck hire out the whole restaurant every time you go out, then you get everything you want with no-one else around, you could even hire people to pretend to eat and get food for the atmosphere, without interrupting your service.

otherwise better stop being so fucking ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just how old are you, Orlong?

Your rant comes of as if it was written by a bitter 70 years old man whose kids no longer visit him in his retirement home.
    I am 44 years old and well not bitter at all. I just request people be more respectful of the other people in the restaurant instead of being loud obnoxious animals.

The other issue with large parties is they tend to sit and bullshit for an hour or more after everyone is done eating which creates longer lines for everyone else waiting for a damn table because they are hogging up the tables

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Back to the main topic OP, terrible ideas like this is why capitalism is the most successful economic style in human history. Restaurants don't, and won't, ban large parties because they make a ton of money from such parties.
    Why would a restaurant make more money off a table of 12 people than they would over 3 tables of 4

how to lose money.

lul no thanks mate no clue where you go eat but where i go there are even tables for more then 4 poeple its like they want poeple to go out and eat with friends...

maybe you should try to call and order some pizza just for you so the delivery guy will take care of you and you dont have to hear other poeple in a public place

What a clever idea. Restaurant owners will absolutely jump on it! /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

Also, what makes you think you have any right to dictate such nonsense to other people? Saying that any family larger than 4 people, or simple things like birthdays or other celebrations can't be held at any restaurant. Seriously, according to you, a family with 3 or more kids would be banned from restaurants.
    If they have kids, then they can go a restaurant designed for kids like Chuck E Cheese, and if people want to have a birthday party, then have it at home or rent a hall somewhere and hire a caterer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Nothing is wrong with going alone. Way to discriminate.
    Exactly. Many people like to go out to eat alone. Its nice to have peace and quiet to read my newspaper while I eat

Orlong, who hates the left for telling him how to act, posting about how people should be forced to adhere to his standards.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Orlong.

Exactly. Many people like to go out to eat alone. Its nice to have peace and quiet to read my newspaper while I eat
    You don't run the restaurant. The owner of the restaurant does. If he makes more money with groups, he will reject your suggestion.

Or are you a special customer whose desires trump those of the other customers, and must be catered to even if it costs the restaurant owner money? If so, what makes you so special?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    how to lose money.

lul no thanks mate no clue where you go eat but where i go there are even tables for more then 4 poeple its like they want poeple to go out and eat with friends...

maybe you should try to call and order some pizza just for you so the delivery guy will take care of you and you dont have to hear other poeple in a public place
    Maybe I would if the pizza places wouldnt wait until they have 3 or 4 deliveries to make at the same time while my pizza sits in a warming oven, and then its no longer blistering hot when it arrives

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I knew this was an Orlong thread the moment I saw the title. Who else could be so utterly self-absorbed and entitled?
    Tennisace, but this thread has too little poutine, maple syrup and immigrants to summon him.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I am 44 years old and well not bitter at all. I just request people be more respectful of the other people in the restaurant instead of being loud obnoxious animals.

The other issue with large parties is they tend to sit and bullshit for an hour or more after everyone is done eating which creates longer lines for everyone else waiting for a damn table because they are hogging up the tables

- - - Updated - - -

Why would a restaurant make more money off a table of 12 people than they would over 3 tables of 4
    There is a higher likelihood of alcohol consumption and appetizers being ordered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

You're going to the wrong place for that, then.

i wonder why restaurants have table with more then 4 places... its almost like they want poeple / friends to go out and eat and drink .... :|

As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people.
    Sounds like someone only has 3 friends.